NCAA Hockey's "Frozen Four"

Metro area and region sports discussion

Moderators: Coyote, nebugeater, Brad, Omaha Cowboy, BRoss

Brad
City Council

NCAA Hockey's "Frozen Four"

Post by Brad »

'Frozen Four' sites announced

This sucks 2013 before Omaha even has a chance!

http://www.omaha.com/index.php?u_pg=38&u_sid=1444664
WASHINGTON - The "Frozen Four" - the NCAA Division I men's ice hockey championship - will be played in Washington in 2009.
Last edited by Brad on Wed Jul 15, 2009 3:20 pm, edited 2 times in total.
eomaha
County Board

Post by eomaha »

Heck, it'll be 2013 before we know it.
Brad
City Council

Post by Brad »

I was hoping since we didn't get a frozen four, we could at least get a regional....

NCAA Rounds Out Championships Until 2011
Midwest and West Regionals Awarded Through 2011

http://www.uscho.com/news/college-hocke ... l2011.html
www.uscho.com wrote:INDIANAPOLIS, Ind. (Aug. 28) — The NCAA Ice Hockey Committee has set the sites for the NCAA Championships all the way through 2011 with the announcement of the West and Midwest Regionals for 2010 and 2011.

In 2010, Notre Dame will host the Midwest regional from March 27-28 at the Allen County War Memorial Coliseum in Fort Wayne, Ind. and the West regional will be hosted by Minnestoa at the Xcel Energy Center in St. Paul, Minn. from March 26-27.

Michigan Tech will host the Midwest regional at the ReschCenter in Green Bay, Wis. from March 26-27, 2011 and the CCHA will host the West regional at Scottrade Center in St. Louis on March 25-26, 2011.
www.uscho.com wrote:Next year the Frozen Four will be in Washington, D.C.’s Verizon Center, the 2010 Frozen Four will be at Ford Field in Detroit, Mich., the 2011 Frozen Four at the Xcel Center in St. Paul, Minn. and the 2012 Frozen Four will be at the St. Pete Times Forum in Tampa, Fla.
HskrFanMike
Parks & Recreation

Post by HskrFanMike »

The NCAA is apparently no longer awarding "home ice" in the NCAA hockey tournament.  Note even Minnesota has to host at the Exel center instead of Mariucci. (Even though I bet some of the other sites are smaller than the Gopher's home barn.)

Now if UNO could get their own arena for basketball and hockey built, then the Qwest Center might qualify.  But as it stands currently, Omaha will never get to host the Big Skate.
Big E
City Council

Post by Big E »

HskrFanMike wrote:But as it stands currently, Omaha will never get to host the Big Skate.
They could host at the Lancers' arena?

(ducking)
Stable genius.
Greg S
City Council

Post by Greg S »

This area does not need another arena.  We've got Qwest and MAC that are both new and the smaller one going up at Creighton.  UNO should go forward with their plans for a practice arena at Chili Greens.  That part of town does not need an arena to spur growth it bursting with growth already.

Greg
Brad
City Council

Post by Brad »

Brad
City Council

Post by Brad »

I am not saying Omaha is Hockey Mecca, but Tampa???  WTH?!?!

Tampa will host the 2016 Frozen Four
http://www.tampabay.com/sports/colleges ... ur/2156617
bigredmed
Parks & Recreation

Post by bigredmed »

Tampa is not the greatest part of Florida, but it is decent weather during the FF and it has an NHL arena.   I can't imagine going there for the FF, as I have to be honest, I went there once and don't believe I left anything of mine behind.

Frankly, I would rather have it in a town like Omaha or Rochester, NY or Manchester NH so that I could get out of the hub cities and see other towns.
nebugeater
City Council

Post by nebugeater »

And if I heard correctly on the Radio WISCONSON is the host school   :?

Brad wrote:I am not saying Omaha is Hockey Mecca, but Tampa???  WTH?!?!

Tampa will host the 2016 Frozen Four
http://www.tampabay.com/sports/colleges ... ur/2156617
For the record  NEBUGEATER does not equal BUGEATER    !!!!!!!