EA Sports presents MVP '06 NCAA Baseball

Metro area and region sports discussion

Moderators: Coyote, nebugeater, Brad, Omaha Cowboy, BRoss

OmahaBen
Human Relations

EA Sports presents MVP '06 NCAA Baseball

Post by OmahaBen »

Looks like EA Sports is making a college version of their baseball franchise. Screenshots make the Blatt look pretty good.

http://www.easports.com/sports/article. ... id=mvpncaa
eomaha
County Board

Post by eomaha »

Very cool! Complete with the desert dome!

Swift
Planning Board

Post by Swift »

Wow! I'm really impressed with the authenticity!
skinzfan23
City Council

Post by skinzfan23 »

This is really great. I was hoping to see Rosenblatt on MVP Baseball 2005 as one of the AAA ballparks, but now it will be here. I hope that in NCAA basketball they put the Qwest Center in for Creighton instead of what they had last year.
OmahaJaysCU
Planning Board

Post by OmahaJaysCU »

skinzfan23 wrote:This is really great. I was hoping to see Rosenblatt on MVP Baseball 2005 as one of the AAA ballparks, but now it will be here. I hope that in NCAA basketball they put the Qwest Center in for Creighton instead of what they had last year.
I doubt they will be adding Creighton. I've been hopeing they would add the Qwest Center for 2 years and each year I am disapointed. They seem to only have the arenas of the top 25ish (which is where creighton kind of is). I hope they might add it next year.

Anyway back to the topic. This was better than I expected! When I heard about the game a during the CWS (i overheard a convo from the person infront of me who was aparently from EA games), I didn't think the stadium would look so great! When I first saw that stadium I thought it was a picture! I can't wait to get it...seriousely
Brad
City Council

Video Game Baseball, Omaha Style

Post by Brad »

Video Game Baseball, Omaha Style
Gamers manager Kyle Hoberman says every detail of Rosenblatt Stadium is included in the game and you can see much of the Henry Doorly Zoo in the background. Ever since Electronic Arts announced it was developing the game, Hoberman says the buzz at his store has been huge.
On TV after the game tonight they said that Gamers has a sample copy.
omahahawk
Parks & Recreation

Post by omahahawk »

looks like this game is now available :D Does this qualify for a thread revival?
Swift
Planning Board

Post by Swift »

There should be a forum meet to get together and play this game.
SychoBC
Home Owners Association

Post by SychoBC »

The Blatt looks good, but the surrounding area, is way off. We don't have a forest beyond the left field stands.

The game is alot of Fun, and they rated Creighton pretty good. A-, it does have last years' roster though.
omahapropertymanager
Home Owners Association

Post by omahapropertymanager »

Anyone know who has the game locally? I just ordered it off of EA Sports's Website
almighty_tuna
City Council

Post by almighty_tuna »

omahahawk wrote:looks like this game is now available :D Does this qualify for a thread revival?
Holla! :D

SychoBC
Home Owners Association

Post by SychoBC »

Only the more "gaming-intense" stores had it yesterday. Wal-mart, Target, Shopko, places like that should have it today.
eomaha
County Board

Post by eomaha »

jsheets
Human Relations

Post by jsheets »

Best Buy has been out of this game everytime I've checked in the past two weeks. I'll try again tomorrow.

But I did rent it at Hollywood Video. I've been playing it for a couple of days now. It's awesome to play at the Blatt or at Haymarket Park. I've got the pitching and fielding mostly nailed down, but batting has been harder than heck. I'm lucky to squeeze a hit past the infield.

I'll have the hitting figured out in another day or so.
omahapropertymanager
Home Owners Association

Post by omahapropertymanager »

jsheets wrote:Best Buy has been out of this game everytime I've checked in the past two weeks. I'll try again tomorrow.

But I did rent it at Hollywood Video. I've been playing it for a couple of days now. It's awesome to play at the Blatt or at Haymarket Park. I've got the pitching and fielding mostly nailed down, but batting has been harder than heck. I'm lucky to squeeze a hit past the infield.

I'll have the hitting figured out in another day or so.
EASports.com has it for 29.99 with free shipping.
jsheets
Human Relations

Post by jsheets »

omahapropertymanager wrote:EASports.com has it for 29.99 with free shipping.
That won't help me use my bestbuy gift card though :-)
TitosBuritoBarn
Planning Board

Post by TitosBuritoBarn »

I just purchased my copy of it tonight. Not bad, not bad. I'm pretty disappointed that they didn't include every college's stadium. There's only like 20 real ones and another 10 fake ones. Also kind of disappointed in that.....I didn't know ISU discontinued their baseball team. Oh well. In regards to how it plays as a baseball video game....eh. I just got back into World Series Baseball 2K3 this week and compared to that, it kinda sucks. It is slightly under par with with WSB 2K3 in just about everything, but the sadly discontinued WSB franchise made one of the best video baseball games ever wtih 2K3 so it should be expected I guess. But for being the first NCAA baseball game ever, it is certainly a hit and I am pretty excited to see what later edtions will be like.