December 11th CU/NU Basketball Game

Metro area and region sports discussion

Moderators: Coyote, nebugeater, Brad, Omaha Cowboy, BRoss

Who will win the Nebraska vs. Creighton Basketball game?

Creighton by a large margin
36%
Creighton by a few
36%
Tie
No votes
Nebraska by a few
11%
Nebraska by a large Margin
7%
It don't freakin' matter to me
11%

Total votes: 28

Coyote
City Council

December 11th CU/NU Basketball Game

Post by Coyote »

By request - here is our latest Sports Poll.
nebugeater
City Council

Post by nebugeater »

I posted this in the "other" thread before I saw this was started too. By the way, I voted CU by a few as a Husker Fan.

I will be at the NU CU game in Omaha.

I am one of the FEW that find my way to all the home NE basketball games in Lincoln too. Guess I just like watching college Basketball. I know I could go to CU and see a better home team but what tips the decision for me is getting to see some of teams that come into Lincoln when it come time for the Big 12.

Getting to see Kansas, Missouri (at least of old) Iowa St. (sometimes good) and on an every other year bases Texas, Texas Tech, Oaklahoma, and Ok St. is worth it to me. Usually some good basketball teams with national recognition. Of course Creighton in lincoln every other year doesn't hurt eather.
Coyote
City Council

Post by Coyote »

For what its worth:

CU is favored by 9 over Nebraska according to Sagarin's Predictor rankings. (5 + 4 Home Field).

CU is favored at DePaul tonight by 2.5 (Sheridan's odds - Sagarin has them by 4)
NU is favored at Home vs Marquette by 4.5 (Sagarin has Marquette by 2)
jjjjhskr
Human Relations

Re: December 11th CU/NU Basketball Game

Post by jjjjhskr »

Coyote wrote:By request - here is our latest Sports Poll.
gracias Coyote.
DTO Luv
City Council

Post by DTO Luv »

CREIGHTON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
DTO
MTO
City Council

Post by MTO »

GO JAYS
15-17, 26, 32
Coyote
City Council

Post by Coyote »

Even with CU's 'go-to man' Nate Funk nursing a shoulder injury and possibly out for the season, and Jimmy Motz unavailable to play CU beat up on NU 70-44, owning the entire game!

GO BLUE!
DTO Luv
City Council

Post by DTO Luv »

Thank God! I was thinking this game was later in the day though.
DTO
Linkin5
County Board

Post by Linkin5 »

:twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :cry: DAMN! what a terrible game to watch.
Coyote
City Council

Post by Coyote »

Sorry Linkin5, but with CU up 31-11 at half - I bet that this would have been hard for a Husker fan to watch!

Coyote
City Council

Post by Coyote »

"The crowd of 15,621 was the largest ever to watch a basketball game in Nebraska."

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Yahoo Recap
OmahaJaysCU
Planning Board

Post by OmahaJaysCU »

What a game this was, well if you are a CU fan. Creighton had only 8 scholarship players for this game and were missing on average 30 pts from Motz and Funk, I think Hibma is a good 5. So thats 35 pts Creighton was still missing, and we still took it to them! I'm not going to lie though, these are both bad basketball teams, especially nebraska though. They are just plain lazy! Huskers, please keep Colier for a few more years, we Creighton fans love beatin up on him!
eomaha
County Board

Post by eomaha »

I'd say you can definitely say goodbye to Colier, unless he pulls off some miracle run through the Big 12 schedule.
OmahaJaysCU
Planning Board

Post by OmahaJaysCU »

jhuston wrote:I'd say you can definitely say goodbye to Colier, unless he pulls off some miracle run through the Big 12 schedule.
I'm keepin my fingers crossed on the miracle. If they can get a good run and beat KU and maybe Texas at least once the Jays RPI will skyrocket. Like I always say, I'm a husker fan after december 11th...
Linkin5
County Board

Post by Linkin5 »

Colliers gonna be gone. He just isn't a good fit with a Major Conference team. He's a better mid major conference coach (ie Butler). Say what you want about Danny Nee, but he was 1000X better recruiter than what Collier is.
OmahaJaysCU
Planning Board

Post by OmahaJaysCU »

Linkin5 wrote:Colliers gonna be gone. He just isn't a good fit with a Major Conference team. He's a better mid major conference coach (ie Butler). Say what you want about Danny Nee, but he was 1000X better recruiter than what Collier is.
I disagree, Collier is a great recruiter, he just doesn't do a good job at developing that tallent. That is what Danny Nee did. He recruited and developed. Getting rid of him, up until getting rid of solich, was the worst coaching descision the university has made.