City Council

Post by MTO »

ATTENDANCE 14,796
SCORE 82-69
15-17, 26, 32
eomaha
County Board

Post by eomaha »

Creighton is averaging over 14,000... if they manage to keep that up, they could vault into the top 15 attendance schools in the country. That would be phenomenal for such a small school.
MTO
City Council

Post by MTO »

Well now that football is almost all wound down now I hope they can keep this 14,000 topping going on for the rest of the season.
And even without their Funk they are still taking care of business.
15-17, 26, 32
Omaha Cowboy
The Don

Post by Omaha Cowboy »

I honestly think knowing they'll be without Funk for the rest of the season, may actually help the Jays and their focus..

Now they've got to win a tough one on the road vs Northern Iowa this coming Wednesday..

..Ciao..LiO....Peace
Go Cowboys!
DTO Luv
City Council

Post by DTO Luv »

I hate UNI so much. My least favorite teams in the Valley are MSU (formerly SMS), Wichita, and UNI.

I was surprised to see nearly 15,000 people there as well. I'm not complaining. I think people in the city are really starting to view CU as "Omaha's Team". This is one of my favorite things about the city since I like basketball. It goes to show we really don't need a pro team. (Although that would be cool too.) I hope the attendance keeps up because it will be all the more reason for the arena expansion.
DTO
OmahaJaysCU
Planning Board

Post by OmahaJaysCU »

DTO Luv wrote:I hate UNI so much. My least favorite teams in the Valley are MSU (formerly SMS), Wichita, and UNI.
DTO, if you went to the valleytalk.net message board, you would hate Wichita about 1000x more than UNI and MSU combined. Most of those morons constantly dog Omaha and the Qwest Center (which they call the Qwiet center). They dog on CU for playing in a city (not university) paid for arena and when the talk came up about CU possibly building a ballpark with the Royals, they gave us CU fans |expletive| about possibly not paying for all of it. They're all just jelous they don't live in Omaha and that they have never won a game in Omaha in pry 5 years.

Anyway back to basketball, I, like Cowboy, think we are much better off without funk. We over the past few weeks without Funk have been relying on our rebounding and defence to win games. When Funk came back, I think the players tryed to go back to winning like we used to and found out the hard way that lighting it up from 3 point range won't win us many ballgames this year. Now that Funk is gone, I'm hopeing that we can go back to our power defense approach. Hopefully, with the return of Motz and Hibma, we will begin to see a nice balance between tought defense and good shooting (since Motz and Hibma are two great shooters, Motz more so). I could bore you with my reasoning for why CU is better w/o funk for the time being (not next season), but I'll just stop here. Go Jays!
Omaha Cowboy
The Don

Post by Omaha Cowboy »

Wichitans dogging Omaha? The Qwest Center??..

Now that's funny to me :lol: ..

Oh well..

..Ciao..LiO....Peace
Go Cowboys!
almighty_tuna
City Council

Post by almighty_tuna »

They called it a gym, hahaha
MTO
City Council

Post by MTO »

7. The Palace: It's noon Sunday in Omaha, Neb., a five-hour drive from Columbia, and you've got to see this place. Creighton's home arena, the Qwest Center Omaha, is as impressive a facility as you'll find in college basketball. It doesn't have the charm of the Phog, but this place is immaculate, and enormous. The gym holds 15,500, and it's only a small part of the building. It's almost a sellout, too. Nearly 15,000 people watch Creighton beat Drake, a sentence that deserves to be read again. These people love Creighton basketball. The Bluejays play hard and smart, and they play in basketball's most underrated league, the Missouri Valley Conference.
:oops: :oops: :oops:
15-17, 26, 32
MTO
City Council

Post by MTO »

from the Omaha paper

CU faces a key road challenge against UNI
http://www.omaha.com/index.php?u_pg=38&u_sid=2096436
15-17, 26, 32
eomaha
County Board

Post by eomaha »

Creighton WINS!!

Snaps UNI 13 game win streak at home! A huge win for the Bluejays!
OmahaJaysCU
Planning Board

Post by OmahaJaysCU »

Huge win is right, I believe that UNI had an RPI in the top 15 in the country and we just beat them on the road. I think tonight Day and Porter, two players that a lot of fans have been sellling short all season, really stepped it up big tonight. The good thing is this can give the team some confidence going to Indiansa state sunday (keep in mind Indy St won vs Indiana at home). I'm hopeing we can get some momentum to carry over, because boy do we need it. Go Jays!
MTO
City Council

Post by MTO »

HECKSYEAH GO JAYS!!! I saw the game up until half time just wish I could have seen the rest. :(
15-17, 26, 32
eomaha
County Board

Post by eomaha »

Had the pleasure of being in attendance for an exciting win over Bradley this evening. Took a while, but the crowd really got into when in mattered most near the end... Bradley led by as many as 12 before Creighton went wild with an 18-2 run.

http://www.omaha.com/index.php?u_pg=38&u_sid=2101196
Coyote
City Council

Post by Coyote »

jhuston wrote:Took a while, but the crowd really got into when in mattered most near the end...
I heard the other day that Creighton ranks 15th in the country in attendance. Talk about home field advantage!
Uffda
County Board

Post by Uffda »

I think you call that game an Ugly win...... yes they went on an 18-2 run but then they let the Bradley right back into it.
SychoBC
Home Owners Association

Post by SychoBC »

No way should have Dotzler been in to make foul shots. Tolliver is a better shooter at the line and he's not even that good.

The crowd definatly did not get into it in the 1st half. I felt like I was the only one screaming at the horrible calls at the game.
MTO
City Council

Post by MTO »

Good win tonight Jays, right at the last second 3 pointer to win!
57-55
Down by 19 at one point and came back to protect the home court winning streak.
15-17, 26, 32
OmahaJaysCU
Planning Board

Post by OmahaJaysCU »

It was actually just a 2 pt jumper, make or miss, the jays still would have won the game. There was no way the fans would have let the Jays lose this game in OT. Oh, and LARGEST crowd in state history tonight! And they were almost all CU FANS! Not 3,000 skers fans! I'll try to find the actuall number. And for all who came out, the crowd was wonderful tonight! Great job everyone. The team will need you on tuesday too. If the jays win tuesday, we have the outright lead in the valley! GO JAYS!
Uffda
County Board

Post by Uffda »

Attendance: 15,678

Creighton needs to shoot a lot better than they did tonight ---

FGM-A
18-54
33.3%
MTO
City Council

Post by MTO »

:oops: in my haste
15-17, 26, 32
Omaha Cowboy
The Don

Post by Omaha Cowboy »

I told you guys CU would win (despite shooting 33% from the field) :) ..

From the W-H:

'Upon further review, Altman might be hard pressed to find anything to equal what the Bluejays pulled off against the Shockers before a paid crowd of 15,678 - Creighton's largest ever - at Qwest Center Omaha.

After missing 18 of its first 20 shots and spotting Wichita State a 19-point lead, Creighton scratched and clawed its way back. It survived the Shockers' last shot at victory with 23 seconds to play, then won it when center Anthony Tolliver dropped in a 15-foot shot at the buzzer.'..

The story link:

http://www.omaha.com/index.php?u_pg=38&u_sid=2107361

..Ciao..LiO....Peace
Go Cowboys!
DTO Luv
City Council

Post by DTO Luv »

I couldn't make it. I totally spaced my little brothers birthday. I bet that huge crowd looked great on tv. :D
DTO
skinzfan23
City Council

Post by skinzfan23 »

I also wanted to make, but couldn't. I had to work. I already bought my ticket for this Tuesday's contest vs. Northern Iowa. It too should be a great game. It is televised on ESPNU.
nebraska dreamin'
New to the Neighborhood

Post by nebraska dreamin' »

Saturday was the loudest I've ever heard the Qwest. Great time for the 15,600 that showed up. If you haven't yet come down and join the party.

Big weekend for the Qwest with the Car show, Jays, and Stones.

I bet the Old Market was raking it in.
MTO
City Council

Post by MTO »

CU lost but 15,552 attended.
15-17, 26, 32
Omaha Cowboy
The Don

Post by Omaha Cowboy »

Yeah..I wached the entire debacle on TV..

It seemed the Jays were doomed from the beginning..

From the W-H:

'The Bluejays lost for the sixth straight time to Southern Illinois, 74-67, before 15,552 at Qwest Center Omaha, CU's fourth-largest crowd. The Salukis have swept the past three regular-season series from Creighton and haven't lost to the Bluejays since the championship game of the 2003 Valley tournament.'..

The W-H piece link:

http://www.omaha.com/index.php?u_pg=38&u_sid=2115440

..Ciao..LiO....Peace
Go Cowboys!
SychoBC
Home Owners Association

Post by SychoBC »

Well at least Creighton can usually last longer or beat the salukis in the tournament.
eomaha
County Board

Post by eomaha »

I don't think it's a coincidence that Dotzler got hurt. He wasn't the same afterwards... hopefully he will be able to return to 100% soon.

All is not lost... we're just back in another -4- way tie for first (with NIU's loss to Missouri State). :P

We've already beaten NIU twice, just have to go down at beat the Shockers (yeah, no easy task) and hope SIU screws up again against a 'patsy' (not sure who they have left).
Omaha Cowboy
The Don

Post by Omaha Cowboy »

jhuston wrote: and hope SIU screws up again against a 'patsy' (not sure who they have left).
SIU's remainng schedule (looks like the potential for 1 or 2 losses in there):

02/14/06 Tue Bradley Peoria, Ill. FSN Midwest, Comcast Chicago 7:35 PM
02/18/06 Sat Louisiana Tech Carbondale, Ill. ESPN2 5:00 PM
02/21/06 Tue Evansville Evansville, Ind. ESPNU 8:05 p.m. CT
02/25/06 Sat Northern Iowa Carbondale, Ill. ESPN2 1 p.m. CT ..

..Ciao..LiO....Peace
Go Cowboys!
SychoBC
Home Owners Association

Post by SychoBC »

It's UNI, University of Northern Iowa.

But the only possible loss I see for SIU is maybe at Bradley. They had their home streak broken and I doubt they will lose 2 at home this season.
Omaha Cowboy
The Don

Post by Omaha Cowboy »

This isnt good news heading into Wichita regarding the status of CU point guard Josh Dotzler..

From today's W-H:

'A preliminary examination revealed no ligament damage, but Dotzler underwent an MRI late Saturday to check for cartilage damage. The results were negative, but Dotzler was unable to practice Sunday.

"I doubt that Josh will be ready for the Wichita game," Creighton coach Dana Altman said after practice.'..

On the bright side, at least the MRI results on his knee were negative..

The W-H story link:

http://www.omaha.com/index.php?u_pg=38&u_sid=2116148

..Ciao..LiO....Peace
Go Cowboys!