Jays v. Kent State

Metro area and region sports discussion

Moderators: Coyote, nebugeater, Brad, Omaha Cowboy, BRoss

scraper
Home Owners Association

Jays v. Kent State

Post by scraper »

Tomorrow is CU's biggest game of the year so far. Perennial "mid-major" power Kent State, who smoked CU last year, is coming to town at 7:05 tomorrow. CU didn't crack the Top 25 this week, and needs this win to keep their push to the polls going! Get to the game, and take a friend...let's get our first 12,000 person crowd of the year!!
custudent
Home Owners Association

Post by custudent »

Kent State has a string of five or six 20 win seasons and have the best RPI of any team Creighton has played to date. This is probably going to be the best team we've played so far. I still like our chances, but this is not going to be a cakewalk by any means. It'll help a lot, though, if Funk can go this week.

I think we made a breakthrough attendance wise on Saturday. Especially with my fellow students. Also, it seems like from last year, that the TV games almost had a larger crowd than the other games. I think 12-14k is definately a realistic number, if not more. Bring a friend tomorrow. :)
Coyote
City Council

Post by Coyote »

Creighton's Sagarin is now #33 @ 84.82, Kent St. is #41 @ 83.24 so with home field CU is only a 4 pt favorite.
BTW NU is #108 @ 77.74 favoring away CU by 4 pts also.
Ohio State is right behind #43 @ 83.10, and once mighty Missouri is a lowly #140 @ 75.75. So Kent is the highest ranked team for CU until we meet S. Ill #22 @ 86.13
DTO Luv
City Council

Post by DTO Luv »

I plan on going. Gary from Florida is going to the game to so if anyone else wants to go we can sit in a group.
DTO
SychoBC
Home Owners Association

Post by SychoBC »

I'm going, as I do with all the games. Perennial season ticket holder here, I'm always rooting on the Jays.
OmahaDevelopmentMan
Human Relations

Post by OmahaDevelopmentMan »

I'll sure be there. I hope we can get atleast 12k there. This is a huge game and the team needs fan support. The turnouts have been quite disapointing. I think sat was the highest at 11something, but all the rest are around 10. Hopefully, being a weeknight game, there will be a ton of people there.