Ndamukong Suh

Metro area and region sports discussion

Moderators: Coyote, nebugeater, Brad, Omaha Cowboy, BRoss

Stargazer
County Board

Post by Stargazer »

And the fact is... we don't even need Pelini here to lure talented athletes... Nebraska still has the kind of national respect which the USC's, Oklahoma's, Notre Dame's, etc have.  There will always be athletes out there who want to come here... just to 'play for Nebraska'.  The program is far bigger than the coach.  That is something most football programs can only dream of.
Shoot for the Moon... if you miss, you'll land among the stars.
S33
County Board

Post by S33 »

Stargazer wrote:And the fact is... we don't even need Pelini here to lure talented athletes... Nebraska still has the kind of national respect which the USC's, Oklahoma's, Notre Dame's, etc have.  There will always be athletes out there who want to come here... just to 'play for Nebraska'.  The program is far bigger than the coach.  That is something most football programs can only dream of.
Agree, they do need to start having some 10+ win seasons though. I think with the whole "callahan" debacle the program lost a bit of it's prestige and relevancy. But yes, they will always we able to catch the eye of talent of programs such as Iowa State and the likes.
the1wags
County Board

Post by the1wags »

Lap up that koolaide. The fact is that the southern schools are pulling the recruits. I'm sure warm weather year round with hot chicks in bikinis will rank higher than Nebraska's tradition.
Zilla
Library Board

Post by Zilla »

the1wags wrote:Lap up that koolaide. The fact is that the southern schools are pulling the recruits. I'm sure warm weather year round with hot chicks in bikinis will rank higher than Nebraska's tradition.
Nobody is saying we're going to start going head to head with the USC's and Texas's of the college world, simply that we are still a solid choice for many recruits.  Because of our location Nebraska will always be at a disadvantage in recruiting....always.  But not all kids look for the hot chicks and warm weather.  One of the recent commitments commented on the family atmosphere around the team that he was looking for most.  The chemistry with the coaches and how relate-able they are.

And while I do think Nebraska's tradition has some pull, I do think having Pelini here does make that pull stronger.  With all the attention Suh is getting and his trip to NY for the Heisman presentation they have gotten a surge of prospects calling Suh and the coaches expressing interest in playing for Nebraska.
Equal Opportunity Hater.

Proudly oppressing the rest of Omaha with my suburbia lifestyle since 1999.
S33
County Board

Post by S33 »

the1wags wrote:Lap up that koolaide. The fact is that the southern schools are pulling the recruits. I'm sure warm weather year round with hot chicks in bikinis will rank higher than Nebraska's tradition.
Oregon, Oregon State, Missouri, NU, Oklahoma, Oklahoma State, TCU, BYU, Boise, Cincy, Ohio State, Iowa, Virgina Tech, Penn State, Pittsburgh, Utah, Wisconsin, etc etc.

Really, there's only 7 teams in top 25 which would qualify as "relatively" decent weather year round and only one where the little hotties can wear their Bikinis year round.

There's just a ton of talent and it gets dispersed pretty evenly.
Stargazer
County Board

Post by Stargazer »

Of course the sunbelt schools are always going to do well given most of your high school football talent is in Florida, Texas, and California.  Against it's 'peer' region schools... Nebraska does very well.
DTO Luv
City Council

Post by DTO Luv »

Zilla wrote:
DTO Luv wrote:A lackluster season with no offense and relying on 1 player to save your a$$ is not what I'd call a winning team.
A statement that cements the fact you know zero about what you are talking about and are just trying to stir the pot.  Going to the BigXII and being 1 second from knocking off the #2 team refutes your claim.  And they never relied on Suh to save their |expletive|.  The entire D was the key.  When Suh was double/triple teamed then Crick stepped up.  O'Hanlon, Asante, Dennard, Dillard, Allen, Prince all played great.

A poorly disguised troll is still a troll.
The way football is set up, if you have to cram as many bowl games as possible in just to get warm fuzzy feelings (Iowa State is even going to a bowl game) than to me it doesn't count as being great. Just ok.

I actually watched more husker games than I ever have in years and everytime I saw them play they were just ok.

I don't think that just because the huskers played Texas it's a big deal. Texas is the big fish in a very little pond.

You're the most delusional husker knob washer on here so I won't waste anymore time arguing with you.

S33,

You're a knob washer. :;):

Love,
Knob Shop Vacker
DTO
the1wags
County Board

Post by the1wags »

Stargazer wrote:Of course the sunbelt schools are always going to do well given most of your high school football talent is in Florida, Texas, and California.  Against it's 'peer' region schools... Nebraska does very well.
You can crack all the jokes you want, but it doesn't change the fact that Nebraska is in the same boat picking up recruits that the southern schools passed over. Also, looking at Iowa and Nebraskas records this year and over the last decade, I'd say we are more of a "peer" program than you'd care to admit.
Zilla
Library Board

Post by Zilla »

DTO Luv wrote:The way football is set up, if you have to cram as many bowl games as possible in just to get warm fuzzy feelings (Iowa State is even going to a bowl game) than to me it doesn't count as being great. Just ok.
I'd say they were at least good, but that's all a matter of opinion.  Regardless, who said they were "great?"  I said those players on the D played great.
DTO Luv wrote:I actually watched more husker games than I ever have in years and everytime I saw them play they were just ok.
Congrats?  So you watched a few Husker games and somehow that makes your assessment valid?  How many other football games did you watch to compare them to?  To compare their D to the other D's in the NCAA?  Their coaching to other coaches?  Top 10 coaching and defense and so on?  I'm guessing not enough to make an educated guess.
DTO Luv wrote:I don't think that just because the huskers played Texas it's a big deal. Texas is the big fish in a very little pond.
Just playing Texas isn't a big deal....but holding them to their fewest yards all year is.  Being 1 second and a questionable call away from beating them is a big deal.  Sacking their QB 8 times and intercepting him 3 times, overall slapping their entire offense around the entire game is a big deal.
DTO Luv wrote:You're the most delusional husker knob washer on here so I won't waste anymore time arguing with you.
Shocking!  Awfully convenient to just tuck tail and run when you realize your talking out your |expletive|.  :)  Annnnnnnd now comes the name calling!  LOL!
the1wags wrote:You can crack all the jokes you want, but it doesn't change the fact that Nebraska is in the same boat picking up recruits that the southern schools passed over.
You mean guys like Rex Burkhead who was highly recruited by Auburn, Cal, Michigan, Texas A&M, Texas Tech?  Or Jason Ankrah who was recruited by Clemson, Michigan, or Virginia Tech?  Or Cody Green who was recruited by Stanford, Okie State, Texas A&M, Texas Tech, and Houston?  Or what about Dijon Washington.....he was recruited by USC, Arizona, Arizona State, Cal, Oregon, Oregon State, UCLA, San Diego State, and Washington.  Or Chris Williams?  Recruited by LSU, Missery, Oklahoma, Tennessee, Texas A&M, and Texas Tech?  Yeah, I can see how we're just picking the bones after what's left over.
Equal Opportunity Hater.

S33
County Board

Post by S33 »

Zilla,
I wouldn't even bother responding. It's quite clear they (well mainly DTO) is talking out of his |expletive|. Serious athletes do not necessarily follow the sunshine and tits. A majority of scholarship athletes have aspirations of making money by playing that sport someday, so they are attracted to schools which can further their career. That doesn't mean being a 4 star recruit and being a 3rd or 4th string tailback at USC until their senior year.

The only correlation one could draw to recruiting as the fact that as mentioned earlier, many recruits have been bread in the southern states. Either way, I'm going to laugh my |expletive| off when Nebraska's next few seasons are 10 or more wins and possibly a big12 title. I'm sure when that happens the excuses will fly again.
DTO Luv
City Council

Post by DTO Luv »

Zilla wrote:
DTO Luv wrote:I actually watched more husker games than I ever have in years and everytime I saw them play they were just ok.
Congrats?  So you watched a few Husker games and somehow that makes your assessment valid?  How many other football games did you watch to compare them to?  To compare their D to the other D's in the NCAA?  Their coaching to other coaches?  Top 10 coaching and defense and so on?  I'm guessing not enough to make an educated guess.
Get bent. Just because I don't like the huskers does not mean I don't know anything about football or don't like it. I grew up here too. I've been inundated with husker stuff just as much as anyone and watched the games and know what good football does look like. I do watch some college games and pro games. Does that mean I wall myself up in my man cave with my room full of TVs and DVR EVERY college game like someone I know? (you know who you are. :)) No. I happened to pay more attention this year than any other year but it does not consume my life like it does you. That said, I don't think the huskers played especially good all year. They were very inconsistent and lost games they shouldn't have and really, really lucked out on a couple of them.

So if I hadn't watched any games I would have had you and other here kicking me in the balls about not knowing anything when in fact it's you who don't know what you're talking about. For me to take the time out of my day and watch a game is a big deal so it wasn't a casual thing. I can guarantee you this. Just by proxy I know more about husker football than I do any other college team. You can't escape it just because of location.

I don't know what your problem is. It's a discussion forum, I can discuss if I want to. I don't respond to a lot of your blind husker love (although I do read it) but all I have left to say is the words of fellow knob washer Barney Frank, "Trying to have a conversation with you would be like trying to have a conversation with a dinner room table. I have no interest in doing it."

Go huskers.
DTO
Stargazer
County Board

Post by Stargazer »

Also, looking at Iowa and Nebraskas records this year and over the last decade, I'd say we are more of a "peer" program than you'd care to admit.
Once again... you're comparing one programs 'height of greatness'... with another programs 'period of mediocrity'.  Perhaps if Iowa can continue to maintain that winning tradition, god forbid win a conference title or even a national title :) , it will be held in as high a regard in those periods of mediocrity... as a Nebraska. :)

And looking back at what I said initially ... how was I cracking any jokes??
DTO Luv
City Council

Post by DTO Luv »

Iowa is in a much tougher conference. The Big 12 is a joke.
DTO
JPenny
Home Owners Association

Post by JPenny »

Iowa is in a much tougher conference. The Big 12 is a joke.
hahahahaha that's funny
Zilla
Library Board

Post by Zilla »

DTO Luv wrote:Get bent.
No.
DTO Luv wrote:Just because I don't like the huskers does not mean I don't know anything about football or don't like it. I grew up here too. I've been inundated with husker stuff just as much as anyone and watched the games and know what good football does look like. I do watch some college games and pro games. Does that mean I wall myself up in my man cave with my room full of TVs and DVR EVERY college game like someone I know? (you know who you are. :))
I don't either.  I don't think I've ever DVR'd a football game.  But sure, I watch enough.  But that makes sense if I plan on having a conversation about it.  I've driven plenty of cars, changed my oil, and changed my own brakes, but that doesn't mean I'm going to jump into a Auto Mechanic thread and start throwing out BS like I know what I'm talking about.
DTO Luv wrote:I happened to pay more attention this year than any other year but it does not consume my life like it does you. That said, I don't think the huskers played especially good all year. They were very inconsistent and lost games they shouldn't have and really, really lucked out on a couple of them.
More assumptions.  Just because I'm passionate about something and have knowledge doesn't mean it "consumes my life."  Drama Queen much?  That's an understandable opinion, mines just different.  The Defense was much improved, championship quality.  They held the #2 team going to the National Championship game to their lowest total yards and slapped their offense around.  Far from "lackluster."  Their offense was inconsistent at best.  But in most cases they did enough to win.  They are one play, one fumble, and one second from being 12-1.  Beating KU, CU, and MU away.  Nearly beating V. Tech and Texas away (one could easily argue THEY were lucky to win).  Beating 5 BigXII teams in a row.  Things that haven't been done at Nebraska in several years.  BigXII North title.  Way more than the expectations for this year.  Should we have done better?  Sure...lackluster?  I don't think so.
DTO Luv wrote:So if I hadn't watched any games I would have had you and other here kicking me in the balls about not knowing anything when in fact it's you who don't know what you're talking about. For me to take the time out of my day and watch a game is a big deal so it wasn't a casual thing. I can guarantee you this. Just by proxy I know more about husker football than I do any other college team. You can't escape it just because of location.
Congrats?
DTO Luv wrote:I don't know what your problem is. It's a discussion forum, I can discuss if I want to. I don't respond to a lot of your blind husker love (although I do read it) but all I have left to say is the words of fellow knob washer Barney Frank, "Trying to have a conversation with you would be like trying to have a conversation with a dinner room table. I have no interest in doing it."
Let's not kid ourselves.  You don't come into these threads with the intentions of having a normal discussion.  You come in to toss out a quick jab to tick off the Husker fans.  With statements like "Too bad he plays for Nebraska. He has a future but that team doesn't" and pictures of "turnovers" after the ISU game it's obvious trolling for a response.  I should really just not feed the troll.  In any case, I thought you were done with me?

But all I have left to say is the words of Andrew Dice Clay, "Talking with you is like masturbating with a cheese grater.  Slightly amusing, but mostly painful."
Equal Opportunity Hater.

S33
County Board

Post by S33 »

DTO Luv wrote:Iowa is in a much tougher conference. The Big 12 is a joke.
See, you should have been a bit more subtle with that comment. Now everyone knows you are either completely college football ignorant, or you are intentionally trying to ruffle some feathers.
the1wags
County Board

Post by the1wags »

Zilla wrote:
the1wags wrote:]You can crack all the jokes you want, but it doesn't change the fact that Nebraska is in the same boat picking up recruits that the southern schools passed over.
You mean guys like Rex Burkhead who was highly recruited by Auburn, Cal, Michigan, Texas A&M, Texas Tech?  Or Jason Ankrah who was recruited by Clemson, Michigan, or Virginia Tech?  Or Cody Green who was recruited by Stanford, Okie State, Texas A&M, Texas Tech, and Houston?  Or what about Dijon Washington.....he was recruited by USC, Arizona, Arizona State, Cal, Oregon, Oregon State, UCLA, San Diego State, and Washington.  Or Chris Williams?  Recruited by LSU, Missery, Oklahoma, Tennessee, Texas A&M, and Texas Tech?  Yeah, I can see how we're just picking the bones after what's left over.
This proves zilch. No kidding some of Nebraska's players were recruited by other schools, that's how it works. Now list all of the players that Nebraska was recruiting that picked other schools. Or even better, how about all of the blue chip players that didn't even mention Nebraska as an option. Take off the red tinted blinders and think about it for a second.

Let's take a look at the last 10 years of national champs (BCS)and what do we see?
1999 Florida State
2000 Oklahoma
2001 Miami
2002 Ohio State
2003 LSU
2004 USC
2005 Texas
2006 Florida
2007 LSU
2008 Florida
2009 Texas or Alabama

Other than Ohio State, not exactly snowman country huh? The next farthest north is Oklahoma for |expletive| sake.

You guys think I'm just picking on Nebraska (partly true because some of you are ridiculous) but my team and all other northern schools are facing the same problem. I just can admit the truth.
the1wags
County Board

Post by the1wags »

Stargazer wrote:
Also, looking at Iowa and Nebraskas records this year and over the last decade, I'd say we are more of a "peer" program than you'd care to admit.
Once again... you're comparing one programs 'height of greatness'... with another programs 'period of mediocrity'.  Perhaps if Iowa can continue to maintain that winning tradition, god forbid win a conference title or even a national title :) , it will be held in as high a regard in those periods of mediocrity... as a Nebraska. :)

And looking back at what I said initially ... how was I cracking any jokes??
You once again prove you know jack about Iowa football. I'd say our height of greatness was our national championship (quick look it's true!), but I don't live in the past like some people.

How long is a 'period of mediocrity' in Nebraska anyways? Apparently 10 years or more.

You guys just can't face it that Nebraska is going to be "mediocre" far more often then "good" (by your own definition of mediocre and also good I guess). As I noted in the post above, the titles are going south with the blue chip talent. Nebraska DOES have a good program, and a great history. I just think Husker fans need to wake up and realize that a national title isn't right around the corner, which seems to be an annual theme. The days of 3 titles in a decade are over, or at least have moved south. :;):
Stargazer
County Board

Post by Stargazer »

You're proudly referring to the 1958 Rose Bowl win capping an 8-1-1 season?

Husker fans aren't nearly as obsessed with national titles as you think they are.  Most of us were ecstatic to make it back to the Big 12 title game this year.

Although ten years or more of mediocrity?  We use the term (actually, I suppose Steve Pederson gets the credit), but it's all relative.  We were playing for a national title as recently as 2002... and have been 83-44 over the past ten years.  I'd wager that's better than what Iowa's posted during what has most likely been the best decade in the history of the program.  Again, one team's 'mediocrity'... another team's pinnacle of success. :)
the1wags
County Board

Post by the1wags »

Hey a title is a title right? Admit it, you had to look it up. :)

I think Nebraska has maybe 5 or so more wins over Iowa over this decade, not sure right now. I'm in a bar in Phoenix right now, I'll get back to ya. :;):

You know I'm just trying to keep the the Husker homers in check. :;):
Zilla
Library Board

Post by Zilla »

the1wags wrote:This proves zilch. No kidding some of Nebraska's players were recruited by other schools, that's how it works. Now list all of the players that Nebraska was recruiting that picked other schools. Or even better, how about all of the blue chip players that didn't even mention Nebraska as an option. Take off the red tinted blinders and think about it for a second.
???  It proves plenty.  You said Nebraska was picking up recruits that were left over by the Southern teams, which I proved was not true.  Those were just the ones off the top of my head from last year.  I can pull the same thing from this year, 08, 07, and so on.  As I have already said, Nebraska will ALWAYS be at a disadvantage to the southern schools because of the reasons you mentioned.  Lets also list all the players for the other schools that they were recruiting that went elsewhere.

Nobody is saying that Nebraska, Iowa, or any of the other northern schools are giants in the recruiting world.  But it's not all doom and gloom, pick up the scraps that you're dishing out either.
Equal Opportunity Hater.

Zilla
Library Board

Post by Zilla »

Suh got fourth....Behind McCoy.   :roll:  The Heisman is a joke.  The fact that so many voters referred to voting for McCoy as a career achievement is mindnumbing.  The Heisman is NOT a career achievement award....it's the for the best player that year.
Equal Opportunity Hater.

thenewguy
County Board

Post by thenewguy »

yeah it's |expletive| ridiculous.  Most people sent their ballots in before the end of the season anyway.
Go Cubs Go
Stargazer
County Board

Post by Stargazer »

It's phenomenal that he was even among the finalists... ended up with the most points ever by a 4th place finisher... he was always going to be a long shot given history.  He won EVERY other award an interior lineman would traditionally have a shot at... nothing to be unhappy about here.
S33
County Board

Post by S33 »

Stargazer wrote:It's phenomenal that he was even among the finalists... ended up with the most points ever by a 4th place finisher... he was always going to be a long shot given history.  He won EVERY other award an interior lineman would traditionally have a shot at... nothing to be unhappy about here.
I was actually quite unhappy being subjected to Tim Gaybow sucking on Colt McGay's schlong in that dinner time exchange. AWKWARD!!
Erik
Parks & Recreation

Post by Erik »

The ironic thing about that statement.. Is the type of player Nebraska looks for and needs are the type of player with a higher work ethic in the classroom and on the field that isn't worried about laying around on the beach kicking up sand at the hotties..

We get top talent that has absolutely no problem with leaving the beaches and really cares less about having to be on one like some other students do..

You go to top universities for academics and sports, and if partying is the way to go for you then the Buffaloes will take you!  :D

Many feel this is NU's downfall, but those same people epic-ly fail to realize that this is quite the working strategy for us..
Coyote
City Council

Post by Coyote »

Where will Suh go?

1) 1-12 Tampa Bay
2) 1-12 St. Louis
3) 2-11 Detroit
4) 2-11 Cleveland
5) Please will someone else trade up and take the kid!
Stargazer
County Board

Post by Stargazer »

I realize most people around here abandoned KC decades ago... but I still pull for the Chiefs, and would sure like to see Suh end up there... provide the franchise with a Neil Smith type presence.

Suh is such a dominating player though... it's hard to believe that he won't be the #1 pick.

Where ever he ends up, I'm sure he'll be fun to watch.
nebugeater
City Council

Post by nebugeater »

Stargazer wrote:I realize most people around here abandoned KC decades ago... but I still pull for the Chiefs, and would sure like to see Suh end up there... provide the franchise with a Neil Smith type presence.

Suh is such a dominating player though... it's hard to believe that he won't be the #1 pick.

There are two of us then
For the record  NEBUGEATER does not equal BUGEATER    !!!!!!!
OmahaJaysCU
Planning Board

Post by OmahaJaysCU »

Stargazer wrote:I realize most people around here abandoned KC decades ago... but I still pull for the Chiefs, and would sure like to see Suh end up there... provide the franchise with a Neil Smith type presence.

No way Chiefs take a d lineman in the first round this year.  They've done that the past two years with Glenn Dorsey and Tyson Jackson.  They need offensive line and to get rid of Cassel badly!

And what do you mean by decades ago?  We were a playoff team 3 years ago.  They are in MUCH MUCH better shape than the Royals.  Now thats a team most people here abandoned a decade ago.
Stargazer
County Board

Post by Stargazer »

I'm referring to how long it's been since any substantial number of Omahans have called themselves Chiefs fans... since the 80's this town is predominantly everything but.  Packer/Bronco/Bear/Viking fans... the Chiefs SHOULD dominate this market.
Bosco55David
Parks & Recreation

Post by Bosco55David »

Personally I'd rather see him go to a winner instead of a perennial bottom feeder franchise like Kansas City.
Stargazer
County Board

Post by Stargazer »

Fair weather fans.
S33
County Board

Post by S33 »

One thing you do have to ask yourself about the chiefs, how long are they going to allow that team remain uncompetitive in KC? I don't really fallow much NFL, but it's pretty clear something needs to be done with that franchise. Whether it be relocating, finding some dumb investor, idk.
Bosco55David
Parks & Recreation

Post by Bosco55David »

S33 wrote:One thing you do have to ask yourself about the chiefs, how long are they going to allow that team remain uncompetitive in KC? I don't really fallow much NFL, but it's pretty clear something needs to be done with that franchise. Whether it be relocating, finding some dumb investor, idk.
Well to their credit, their made some huge changes to their organization in the offseason. The good news (well bad news, if you like the Chiefs) is that they were pretty upset poor moves. They effectively replaced |expletive| with slightly less smelly |expletive|.

I doubt we'll see the Chiefs up and leave KC anytime soon, but that fanbase is growing thin. I just a blurb on a sports forum the other day about how they've had to drastically drop ticket prices to outrageously low levels to keep the seats filled.
Stargazer
County Board

Post by Stargazer »

According to ESPN, this year, the Chiefs have the 13th highest average home attendance in the league.
DTO Luv
City Council

Post by DTO Luv »

Stargazer wrote:According to ESPN, this year, the Chiefs have the 13th highest average home attendance in the league.
Well what else is there to do in KC? :)
DTO
OmahaJaysCU
Planning Board

Post by OmahaJaysCU »

S33 wrote:One thing you do have to ask yourself about the chiefs, how long are they going to allow that team remain uncompetitive in KC? I don't really fallow much NFL, but it's pretty clear something needs to be done with that franchise. Whether it be relocating, finding some dumb investor, idk.
How long are they going to allow that team to remain uncompetitive?  They have had 3 bad seasons and all the sudden we should be talking about relocating the team?  I don't even know where to begin.  I mean its not like they're the Lions.  KC has been legit most of this decade, we've just had some things not go our way lately. heck we could easily have 6 or 7 wins right now.  Most of our games have been lost due to crucial errors late in the game.  Sure, good teams win those games, but its not like we are that far away.  We've just got to git rid of Cassel and we will be pony killing again in no time! :D
Bosco55David
Parks & Recreation

Post by Bosco55David »

Stargazer wrote:According to ESPN, this year, the Chiefs have the 13th highest average home attendance in the league.
Yeah, the Chiefs (and their fanbase) may suck in alot of ways, but they do stick by their team for the most part.
OmahaJaysCU wrote:How long are they going to allow that team to remain uncompetitive?  They have had 3 bad seasons and all the sudden we should be talking about relocating the team?  I don't even know where to begin.  I mean its not like they're the Lions.  KC has been legit most of this decade, we've just had some things not go our way lately. heck we could easily have 6 or 7 wins right now.  Most of our games have been lost due to crucial errors late in the game. Sure, good teams win those games, but its not like we are that far away.  We've just got to git rid of Cassel and we will be pony killing again in no time! :D
3 bad seasons? You guys haven't won a playoff game since January of 1994. To put that in perspective, it means that anyone who was alive when that game was played is now eligible to vote. You've had a couple good seasons mixed in there but for the most part the Chiefs spent the last 18+ years wallowing in mediocrity.

Getting rid of Cassel should be the last of your worries. You should start by addressing the fact that you currently have a bunch of scrubs (sans the recently suspended Bowe) at wide receiver, a poor offensive line and no legit running backs. You also have a very questionable coach, poor ownership and a GM that doesn't look real hot right now either.

You got a long ways to go to catch Denver, especially after the epic |expletive| whooping we just laid on you in your house.
OmahaJaysCU
Planning Board

Post by OmahaJaysCU »

Bosco55David wrote:
Yeah, the Chiefs (and their fanbase) may suck in alot of ways, but they do stick by their team for the most part.
OmahaJaysCU wrote:How long are they going to allow that team to remain uncompetitive?  They have had 3 bad seasons and all the sudden we should be talking about relocating the team?  I don't even know where to begin.  I mean its not like they're the Lions.  KC has been legit most of this decade, we've just had some things not go our way lately. heck we could easily have 6 or 7 wins right now.  Most of our games have been lost due to crucial errors late in the game. Sure, good teams win those games, but its not like we are that far away.  We've just got to git rid of Cassel and we will be pony killing again in no time! :D
3 bad seasons? You guys haven't won a playoff game since January of 1994. To put that in perspective, it means that anyone who was alive when that game was played is now eligible to vote. You've had a couple good seasons mixed in there but for the most part the Chiefs spent the last 18+ years wallowing in mediocrity.

Getting rid of Cassel should be the last of your worries. You should start by addressing the fact that you currently have a bunch of scrubs (sans the recently suspended Bowe) at wide receiver, a poor offensive line and no legit running backs. You also have a very questionable coach, poor ownership and a GM that doesn't look real hot right now either.

You got a long ways to go to catch Denver, especially after the epic |expletive| whooping we just laid on you in your house.
Oh God I hate arguing with pony fans...

No legit running back?  I don't know if you've paid attention recently, but Jamaal Charles has been a beast.  We got rid of our non legit rb about 5 weeks ago, his name is Larry Johnson and yesterday he had 4 carries for like 5 yards for Cincinnati.  Scrubs at WR?  I wouldn't quite call Bowe a scrub.  Bobby Wade has been dropping passes like its his job this season, but Chris Chambers has really stepped up recently.  

The O Line I agree with you there.  That will be the number 1 thing that we address in the first round this year.  Brian Waters is a multi year probowler, but he is getting old.  

And I will say its way too early to start calling Todd Haley questionable (even though CP Jay passionately hates him).  In his first year as a coach he has the Chiefs in a much better position then they were last year.  There have been 5 games this year that we should have won, in addition to our 3 wins (at Baltimore, Oakland, Dallas, at Jacksonville, and Buffalo).  Granted, good teams find a way to win those close games, but last year we would have in no way been in position to win those games.  And we have a good chance to finish the season with 5 wins, so I won't complain about this season.  

Progress was/is being made, you go into the draft, fill a couple of needs, and next year we will make a run at the AFC West, I can promise you that.