Ndamukong Suh

Metro area and region sports discussion

Moderators: Coyote, nebugeater, Brad, Omaha Cowboy, BRoss

thenewguy
County Board

Post by thenewguy »

Is it safe to say that a Broncos vs. Chiefs thread is long overdue? :)
Go Cubs Go
Bosco55David
Parks & Recreation

Post by Bosco55David »

OmahaJaysCU wrote:Oh God I hate arguing with pony fans...
If my team sucked as badly as yours does, I wouldn't even show my face around football discussions, much less try to debate with fans of a division rival that's owned us recently.
No legit running back?  I don't know if you've paid attention recently, but Jamaal Charles has been a beast.
This may come as a shock to you but I watch almost every game played by AFC West teams. My team also sets the gold standard for running backs, so we know a good one when we see one. Jamaal Charles has potential but he's far from a legitimate starter, much less a "beast" right now.

Don't believe me? Check his game logs. He's had two 100 yard performances, one of which those came just this Sunday against the Bills, who have the absolute worst run defense in the entire league, and week 10 against Oakland, who have the 3rd worst run defense. His only other notable performance came in a game where the Chargers kicked your |expletive| 44-13 (hence a lot of garbage time yards) and even then he didn't break 100.

Look at his rushing totals in the rest of the game. 8, 36, 24, 9, 6, 33, 36, 58, 56. No matter how much you try to spin that, it's no where near legitimate starting material, much less a beast. The guy should be a 3rd down/change of pace back right now, not a full time starter.
Scrubs at WR?  I wouldn't quite call Bowe a scrub.
You must have missed the part where I excluded him from that, right? Even then, he's certainly not a star and suffers from his own case of the dropsies.
Bobby Wade has been dropping passes like its his job this season
And according to your depth chart, he's a starter
but Chris Chambers has really stepped up recently.
He's done alright, but he's old and worn down too and his production is more along the lines of what a #3 receiver should be doing, not a starter.
And I will say its way too early to start calling Todd Haley questionable (even though CP Jay passionately hates him).  In his first year as a coach he has the Chiefs in a much better position then they were last year.
That's not saying much. Time will tell about Haley, but I'm not impressed with what I've seen so far.
Progress was/is being made, you go into the draft, fill a couple of needs, and next year we will make a run at the AFC West, I can promise you that.
Hahahahahahahahaha! Ok, let's be serious here. Sure you might be able to fill a few needs in the draft but you guys basically have a whole team full of needs. You're a couple years off at least from making a serious run at the AFC West (which belongs to the Broncos and Chargers for the foreseeable future) and I'll be happy to wager to that effect.

What do you say? Name your terms. I feel confident that you guys won't break within 3 wins of the division title.
OmahaJaysCU
Planning Board

Post by OmahaJaysCU »

Well receiver wise, Cassel is doing a great job of hitting the open men, for the other team.  So I'd say in order to critique our receivers you have to include every SS and CB in the AFC.  :lol:

Wade is only starting because Bowe got a 4 game suspension.  I did miss that part where you excluded Bowe by the way too.

With Charles, he has no one blocking him.  Its pretty tough to run when no one is blocking for you.  Which goes back on the necessity of drafting an offensive lineman in the first round this year.

Did I mention Cassel sucks?
Zilla
Library Board

Post by Zilla »

Equal Opportunity Hater.

Proudly oppressing the rest of Omaha with my suburbia lifestyle since 1999.
S33
County Board

Post by S33 »

So I've been told about 3 times today that there is a national women's group who are demanding that Suh change his full name before he enters the draft. There reason, "House of Spears" sounds to violent. Anyone else hearing this?

Are people really that |expletive| petty and bored? wow...

I'll be sure to find out who this group is before tomorrow and post it here. Maybe we can all pitch in and send those fat old ladies a snack cake basket to shut 'em for a while.

EDIT: Found it http://www.cornnation.com/2010/3/29/139 ... -to-change
Big E
City Council

Post by Big E »

Nice try, House of Muffins.
Stable genius.
Bosco55David
Parks & Recreation

Post by Bosco55David »

However, Barnes did have  his own suggestion.

"We (Suh's agents) think 'Ha Suh' would be a good choice."

'Ha Suh' translated?

Sudden death.
LMAO! Take that, sissy bitches!  :lafcry:
Greg S
City Council

Post by Greg S »

Nice to see Suh go #2.  Still can't get over how cool his $2.6 million was to Nebraska.  Unbelievable how much attention that got nationally.  Very cool for Nebraska!

Greg
iamjacobm
City Council

Post by iamjacobm »

Greg S wrote:Nice to see Suh go #2.  Still can't get over how cool his $2.6 million was to Nebraska.  Unbelievable how much attention that got nationally.  Very cool for Nebraska!
Detroit scored with that pick I hope Suh the best at the next level!
NovakOmaha
Planning Board

Post by NovakOmaha »

My son and I just got back from Ford Field.  The Lions had a free open house during the draft.  We sat on the 50, on the field, and watched the jumbo trons when they announced Suh.  Talk about the best of times.  Me in my huskers shirt, my son in his lions shirt.  It was a real dad moment.  They had tours of the locker rooms, games on the field, etc.  Very cool.

Hey, maybe this year we'll win THREE games?
S33
County Board

Post by S33 »

NovakOmaha wrote:My son and I just got back from Ford Field.  The Lions had a free open house during the draft.  We sat on the 50, on the field, and watched the jumbo trons when they announced Suh.  Talk about the best of times.  Me in my huskers shirt, my son in his lions shirt.  It was a real dad moment.  They had tours of the locker rooms, games on the field, etc.  Very cool.

How was the reaction when they learned Suh was drafted? I assume most expected it, though...
NovakOmaha
Planning Board

Post by NovakOmaha »

S33 wrote:
NovakOmaha wrote:My son and I just got back from Ford Field.  The Lions had a free open house during the draft.  We sat on the 50, on the field, and watched the jumbo trons when they announced Suh.  Talk about the best of times.  Me in my huskers shirt, my son in his lions shirt.  It was a real dad moment.  They had tours of the locker rooms, games on the field, etc.  Very cool.

How was the reaction when they learned Suh was drafted? I assume most expected it, though...
They yelled "SUH!" off & on most of the night.  The thing the last few weeks in the papers was that the fans wanted Suh but the owners & coaches weren't talking.  Just because the fans wanted Suh didn't mean it was good for the team or in this case, that the team knew what they needed.  I went to a couple of games the past couple of years & it was painful.  When Suh got drafted the whole place exploded with cheering.
Stargazer
County Board

Post by Stargazer »

ABC's 'Person of the Week'... the man can do no wrong.
Shoot for the Moon... if you miss, you'll land among the stars.
Coyote
City Council

Post by Coyote »

[youtube][/youtube]
Stargazer
County Board

Post by Stargazer »

Classic Suh... although he looked a little slow out there from what we've come to expect in the past from his INT returns.
Big E
City Council

Post by Big E »

It's possible the Rams are faster than the Buffaloes.

"Possible", not definitive.
Coyote
City Council

Post by Coyote »

Suh scores on a fumble return as Detroit beats Washington.
Coyote
City Council

Post by Coyote »

[youtube][/youtube]
ShawJ
Parks & Recreation

Post by ShawJ »

Before Suh picks up the fumble, he absolutely blows up the guy blocking him. Impressive.
Big E
City Council

Post by Big E »

He also almost Leon Lett-ed himself.
Coyote
City Council

Post by Coyote »

Yeah - I thought that too but Santana Moss is not Chadron State's Don Beebe.
Has anyone watched Danny Woodhead with the Patriots lately?

[youtube][/youtube]
Coyote
City Council

Post by Coyote »

Suh will be on the Jim Rome in the next hour.
Brad
City Council

Post by Brad »

Coyote wrote:Suh will be on the Jim Rome in the next hour.
After he spends the hour laying out Randy Moss for his stellar press conference yesterday.
Coyote
City Council

Post by Coyote »

Great interview!
Brad
City Council

Post by Brad »

Apparently Suh tried an extra point today?
iamjacobm
City Council

Post by iamjacobm »

Brad wrote:Apparently Suh tried an extra point today?
Yep he missed it, but still awesome none the less.
Coyote
City Council

Post by Coyote »

According to the stats he did.
Stargazer
County Board

Post by Stargazer »

Nope... hit the upright... and that ends up allowing Jets to tie, going to overtime.
Coyote
City Council

Post by Coyote »

I just saw the replay - I thought he was in their in a jumbo package as a RB.
Don't know what happened to their kicker - but because he played soccer they thought to give him a try.
OmahaJaysCU
Planning Board

Post by OmahaJaysCU »

Coyote wrote:I just saw the replay - I thought he was in their in a jumbo package as a RB.
Don't know what happened to their kicker - but because he played soccer they thought to give him a try.
Their kicker got hurt on a roughing the kicker call from an earlier fg attempt.
Coyote
City Council

Post by Coyote »

Good week for Suh. He was voted in as the Starting Defensive Tackle to the Pro Bowl, and today with 2:10 left in their game against the Vikings recorded his 10th sack of the season, making him only the second rookie DT to get double digit sacks. He most likely will receive the Defensive Rookie of the Year award.
ShawJ
Parks & Recreation

Post by ShawJ »

Coyote wrote:Good week for Suh. He was voted in as the Starting Defensive Tackle to the Pro Bowl, and today with 2:10 left in their game against the Vikings recorded his 10th sack of the season, making him only the second rookie DT to get double digit sacks. He most likely will receive the Defensive Rookie of the Year award.
Just 1/2 sack shy of the record. Almost had it at one point in the game.

(1000th post, woohoo!)
NovakOmaha
Planning Board

Post by NovakOmaha »

I was at the game.  Not a bad finish for the team.  Outstanding stadium & great food.  Parking in the garage is only $10.

Best part?  No Shawn Watson.
Coyote
City Council

Post by Coyote »

One mock draft has the Lions selecting Da'Quan Bowers a DE out of Clemson. If that happens the Lions would have one of the best D lines. Hopefully Stafford makes a good return. They will be fun to watch next year. They are lucky Matt Millen went back to the studio.
iamjacobm
City Council

Post by iamjacobm »

I have also seen a mock draft where they predicted Amukamara to go to the Lions.  That would be pretty cool too.
Coyote
City Council

Post by Coyote »

I hear that Buffalo has their eyes on Amukamara. A lot has to do with whether Luck comes out and most importantly the new collective bargaining agreement. If there is a lockout none of the Juniors would want to come out.
iamjacobm
City Council

Post by iamjacobm »

Actually the mock I saw had to be a few weeks ago b/c the Lions have played themselves out of one of the top 10 picks by winning 4 in a row!
Coyote
City Council

Post by Coyote »

So much for the Pro Bowl - Suh had shoulder surgery today.
And so much for Suh lining up beside Da'Quan Bowers -
after Luck saying he is going back to Stanford for his Jr year -
Bowers is now the top draft pick (with Gabbert the top QB ?!?) for Todd McShay
Coyote
City Council

Post by Coyote »

Suh becomes second-ever rookie to be named to AP All-Pro team
He is the first first-year defensive tackle to be named All-Pro since Wally Chambers in 1973 and just the eighth in NFL history.
iamjacobm
City Council

Post by iamjacobm »

And people have been comparing Fairley to Suh.  :roll: