The Omaha Nighthawks - UFL Football

Metro area and region sports discussion

Moderators: Coyote, nebugeater, Brad, Omaha Cowboy, BRoss

guy4omaha
Parks & Recreation

Post by guy4omaha »

Everything I've read says the league owners are committed to a minimum of three years of losses to get this up and running. Quite a few plans are already laid for year three. Success or lack thereof league-wide next year will seal the deal for whether we see more than one year of UFL football at TDAmeritrade Park.
My son got a 27 on his ACT. No this score is not as high as what Jeff's son achieved. But one has to remember the paternal gene-pool my son has to overcome. On a PGPAB [Paternal Gene-Pool Adjusted Basis], my son's score is a 37 and Jeff's son's PGPAB ACT score is 19.
Brad
City Council

Post by Brad »

Nighhawks paying $10,000 per game to play at Rosenblatt:

http://www.cityofomaha.org/cityclerk/im ... ec/883.pdf

No a bad deal when you think the Qwest costs around $80,000 per event.
Brad
City Council

Post by Brad »

From the Nighthawks facebook page:
Omaha Nighthawks wrote:Image

S33
County Board

Post by S33 »

Where are they practicing at again?
Erik
Parks & Recreation

Post by Erik »

guy4omaha wrote:Everything I've read says the league owners are committed to a minimum of three years of losses to get this up and running. Quite a few plans are already laid for year three. Success or lack thereof league-wide next year will seal the deal for whether we see more than one year of UFL football at TDAmeritrade Park.
I have been following closely on this deal.  They plan on several years of losses, from the information I have read.  Year 3 is definetely not the year they plan on terminating based on profiting as they simply hope to 'close' the gap in year three.

The people investing into this league are almost all multi-billion dollar men/women and they want to slowly build this into a big league.  Most leagues fail because they think they can make a profit in a very short time, but that is simply unrealistic and these investors have stated multiple times this very fact.

They know they could lose money for 5 to 10 years before the product sees its potential value.
Brad
City Council

Post by Brad »

Apparently the QB will be Jeff Garcia.
Stargazer
County Board

Post by Stargazer »

I'm curious what they are paying guys like Ahman Green/Jeff Garcia?!?   Or did they blow their fortunes and are hand to mouth now??
Shoot for the Moon... if you miss, you'll land among the stars.
HskrFanMike
Parks & Recreation

Post by HskrFanMike »

Stargazer wrote:I'm curious what they are paying guys like Ahman Green/Jeff Garcia?!?   Or did they blow their fortunes and are hand to mouth now??
My guess is that both are being paid something in line with the league range, which I believe was something in the $50k-$100k ballpark.

In both of these cases, I think both players are doing it to prove to the NFL they still can play. I don't think they are doing it for the money from the Nighthawks.  Though in the case of Ahman Green, there probably are going to be some side endorsement deals that make it a little more lucrative.
OmahaJaysCU
Planning Board

Post by OmahaJaysCU »

Anyone seen any of their TV ads yet?
Coyote
City Council

Post by Coyote »

OmahaJaysCU wrote:Anyone seen any of their TV ads yet?
[youtube][/youtube]
Coyote
City Council

Post by Coyote »

Anyone know of any promotional codes?
guy4omaha
Parks & Recreation

Post by guy4omaha »

Coyote wrote:Anyone know of any promotional codes?
Promo code is currently "Omaha"
My son got a 27 on his ACT. No this score is not as high as what Jeff's son achieved. But one has to remember the paternal gene-pool my son has to overcome. On a PGPAB [Paternal Gene-Pool Adjusted Basis], my son's score is a 37 and Jeff's son's PGPAB ACT score is 19.
guy4omaha
Parks & Recreation

Re: ..

Post by guy4omaha »

Erik wrote:
guy4omaha wrote:Everything I've read says the league owners are committed to a minimum of three years of losses to get this up and running. Quite a few plans are already laid for year three. Success or lack thereof league-wide next year will seal the deal for whether we see more than one year of UFL football at TDAmeritrade Park.
Erik wrote: have been following closely on this deal.  They plan on several years of losses, from the information I have read.
My quote of minimum of 3 years of losses is the same as your quote of several years of losses.
Erik wrote:Year 3 is definetely not the year they plan on terminating based on profiting as they simply hope to 'close' the gap in year three.
My quote of success or lack thereof in year three does not mention profits since the owners are expecting three years of solid losses at a minimum as I stated before. However, there are several other metrics that must meet progress toward benchmarks. Benchmarks with attendance, ad revenue, community sponsorship, attracting other investors, TV contracts, etc. None have to be profitable but there are metrics that have to be met nonetheless.

Maybe I misread your post but you seemed to be offering corrections when we're saying basically the same thing.
Linkin5
County Board

Post by Linkin5 »

USC reporting there is possibly going to be a huge RB announcement???
Big E
City Council

Post by Big E »

USC join the UFL while they're on probation?   :;):
Stable genius.
Erik
Parks & Recreation

Re: ..

Post by Erik »

guy4omaha wrote:
Erik wrote:
Erik wrote: have been following closely on this deal.  They plan on several years of losses, from the information I have read.
My quote of minimum of 3 years of losses is the same as your quote of several years of losses.
Erik wrote:Year 3 is definetely not the year they plan on terminating based on profiting as they simply hope to 'close' the gap in year three.
My quote of success or lack thereof in year three does not mention profits since the owners are expecting three years of solid losses at a minimum as I stated before. However, there are several other metrics that must meet progress toward benchmarks. Benchmarks with attendance, ad revenue, community sponsorship, attracting other investors, TV contracts, etc. None have to be profitable but there are metrics that have to be met nonetheless.

Maybe I misread your post but you seemed to be offering corrections when we're saying basically the same thing.
Well, when you say it like this:

Everything I've read says the league owners are committed to a minimum of three years of losses to get this up and running. Quite a few plans are already laid for year three. Success or lack thereof league-wide next year will seal the deal for whether we see more than one year of UFL football at TDAmeritrade Park.

Then what do you think my response is going to be?  How could you not interpret your two sentences in that quote as do or die in year three?
Big E
City Council

Post by Big E »

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=5488450
TV station WSYX reported on its website Monday that (former OSU star Maurice) Clarett wanted to try out for the Omaha Nighthawks of the United Football League.
Apparently LP isn't available.
Stable genius.
Greg S
City Council

Post by Greg S »

Hopefully they get their losses down from a year ago (which were much higher than they projected).  This team really seems to have Omaha's attention, will be nice if they can do the same in their existing markets.

Greg
S33
County Board

Post by S33 »

I think everyone could agree that watching a team full of criminals would be pretty interesting.
iamjacobm
City Council

Post by iamjacobm »

S33 wrote:I think everyone could agree that watching a team full of criminals would be pretty interesting.
Can someone bust Thunder Collins out?
OmahaJaysCU
Planning Board

Post by OmahaJaysCU »

iamjacobm wrote:
S33 wrote:I think everyone could agree that watching a team full of criminals would be pretty interesting.
Can someone bust Thunder Collins out?
Think Lawrence Phillips can get out on work release with Plaxico Burress???
S33
County Board

Post by S33 »

Jays, love your avatar. When I saw that video, I about died laughing seeing his shoes fly off  :D
OmahaJaysCU
Planning Board

Post by OmahaJaysCU »

S33 wrote:Jays, love your avatar. When I saw that video, I about died laughing seeing his shoes fly off  :D
:lol: Had to do something to change it up now that Altman isn't around.
Brad
City Council

Post by Brad »

Jason from the Royals snapped this pic today showing the transformation of Rosenblatt Stadium

OmahaJaysCU
Planning Board

Post by OmahaJaysCU »

The took down the screen AND the batters eye?
HskrFanMike
Parks & Recreation

Post by HskrFanMike »

It's a football stadium now.  You don't need either anymore, and both obstruct the view.
Brad
City Council

Post by Brad »

When I was down there yesterday they were welding on a railing where the net use to be.
Brad
City Council

Post by Brad »

They could have moved the old wood bleachers, but not these.
Brad
City Council

Post by Brad »

Darn... I was hoping for someone good!
nighthawks wrote:Grammy award winning artist Nelly will perform at halftime of the home opener. Tickets are still available but they are going fast! Call 402.403.3776 today!
Brad
City Council

Post by Brad »

SOLD OUT!!!
almighty_tuna
City Council

Post by almighty_tuna »

how many tix is that?  same as the blatt for baseball?
Brad
City Council

Post by Brad »

almighty_tuna wrote:how many tix is that?  same as the blatt for baseball?
As far as I know.  There is no reason it would be any less.  May be more depending on what they do with center field.
iamjacobm
City Council

Post by iamjacobm »

Brad wrote:SOLD OUT!!!
I don't see a reason to not have 20,000 at each game.  We are turning out to be the UFL's best franchise by a long shot.
S33
County Board

Post by S33 »

iamjacobm wrote:
I don't see a reason to not have 20,000 at each game.  We are turning out to be the UFL's best franchise by a long shot.
Slow the choo-choo train, my friends. Omaha hasn't even played a game yet.
Blade1655
Home Owners Association

Post by Blade1655 »

Anyone have any updated pictures of the stadium / field?
nebugeater
City Council

Post by nebugeater »

Brad wrote:SOLD OUT!!!

Must have been  Nelly !!!!

... and I was holding out for Willie Nelson
For the record  NEBUGEATER does not equal BUGEATER    !!!!!!!
Brad
City Council

Post by Brad »

Blade1655 wrote:Anyone have any updated pictures of the stadium / field?
Not really, they are being all secretive about.

I snuck in for about 5 seconds the other day and it still had a long ways to go.  Still looked like a baseball field.
Blade1655
Home Owners Association

Post by Blade1655 »

Helicopter?
Brad
City Council

Post by Brad »

Blade1655 wrote:Helicopter?
I wish.  I will be in the stands like everyone else.
lnkS
Home Owners Association

Post by lnkS »

HOW DID YOU FORGET TO MENTION THAT LUCKY CHARM, WHYTE MYK, AND FLOCAIN WILL BE THERE TO PERFORM THEIR HIT SONG BEFORE THE GAME?

[youtube][/youtube]

Yes, if I am that excited and a little upset that I won't be there to witness what will most likely be the best experience of our collective lives.  :D

Nighthawks Fan Experience