special guest at cws

Have an inside scoop? Word on a new retailer or restaurant? Share it here!

Moderators: Coyote, nebugeater, Brad, Omaha Cowboy, BRoss

special guest at cws

Post by Guest »

Heard it from good authority that a special guest will be making an appearance at the cws this year.  Its a former team captain from Yale who did a lot of important stuff between 1988 and 1992.

Post by Guest »

George 1 is coming to Omaha?  Interesting.
almighty_tuna
City Council

Post by almighty_tuna »

is there a date and time that the good authority would be interesting in PMing me about?

Post by Guest »

I hate it when that happens,  usually a pain for everyone.   I don't care who they are or what party they are from.  I'm there for the baseball not the distraction
S33
County Board

Post by S33 »

Anonymous wrote:I hate it when that happens,  usually a pain for everyone.   I don't care who they are or what party they are from.  I'm there for the baseball not the distraction
Most go for the out of town tube tops.
Stargazer
County Board

Post by Stargazer »

Who cares... now if he could get Barbara to parachute in to the infield, I might be interested in seeing that.
Shoot for the Moon... if you miss, you'll land among the stars.
OmahaJaysCU
Planning Board

Post by OmahaJaysCU »

Oh big surprise the board America hater doesn't care but yet he still  feels the need to reiterate his hatered for anything American such as an appearance by one of the very few living leaders of this nation.
DTO Luv
City Council

Post by DTO Luv »

Who is coming?
DTO
omahahawk
Parks & Recreation

Post by omahahawk »

DTO Luv wrote:Who is coming?

George Bush Sr.
Omababe
Planning Board

Post by Omababe »

omahahawk wrote:
DTO Luv wrote:Who is coming?
George Bush Sr.
So, uh, is this the *REAL* reason for that fence and stuff? As opposed to all of that "to serve you better" and such drek.
StreetsOfOmaha
City Council

Post by StreetsOfOmaha »

Total hearsay rumor with probably no credibility, but today people were talking about President Obama coming to the series. I don't know, he seems a little busy right now...
"The right to have access to every building in the city by private motorcar in an age when everyone possesses such a vehicle is actually the right to destroy the city."
Lewis Mumford, The Highway and the City, 1963
S33
County Board

Post by S33 »

StreetsOfOmaha wrote:Total hearsay rumor with probably no credibility, but today people were talking about President Obama coming to the series. I don't know, he seems a little busy right now...
Agree. I highly doubt an appearance at the CWS in Omaha would do much good for his approval ratings at this particular time.
ItsAllAboutMe
Human Relations

Post by ItsAllAboutMe »

Oh big surprise the board America hater doesn't care but yet he still  feels the need to reiterate his hatered for anything American such as an appearance by one of the very few living leaders of this nation.
The post you are criticizing was mine and nothing in your response is true with the exception there are "very few living leaders of this nation."
Brad
City Council

Post by Brad »

There better not be ANY presidents coming for the first game... that will ground my chopper!!!
ItsAllAboutMe
Human Relations

Post by ItsAllAboutMe »

I hope that hideous fence they put up doesn't take away from your photos
Brad
City Council

Post by Brad »

ItsAllAboutMe wrote:I hope that hideous fence they put up doesn't take away from your photos
It its all the way out by the street i am not too worried.
Brad
City Council

Post by Brad »

My sources tell me that there is nothing that will keep my Helicopter Grounded at game 1
OmahaJaysCU
Planning Board

Post by OmahaJaysCU »

ItsAllAboutMe wrote:
The post you are criticizing was mine and nothing in your response is true with the exception there are "very few living leaders of this nation."
You posted as stargazer?
Brad
City Council

Post by Brad »

Or it could be an Astronaut....

Astronaut asks for 1st CWS pitch

http://www.omaha.com/article/20100617/N ... -cws-pitch
Michael O'Connor, OWH wrote:Astronaut Clayton Anderson, a Nebraska native, has asked to throw out the first pitch at the College World Series, using a ball that he took into space.

Anderson, who has made two shuttle trips, was at Children's Hospital and Medical Center Thursday morning to visit patients and present the hospital with a special souvenir - a T-shirt that also had been in space.

During his hospital visit, Anderson said he had approached NCAA and CWS officials about throwing the first pitch. He said he has not yet heard whether his request will be granted.

He said is supposed to be at Rosenblatt Stadium at noon Friday and hopes to find out then.

Post by Guest »

Now there's someone I'd enjoy seeing throw the first pitch... not to speak of the ball itself.
StreetsOfOmaha
City Council

Post by StreetsOfOmaha »

He asked to throw the first pitch? Tacky....
"The right to have access to every building in the city by private motorcar in an age when everyone possesses such a vehicle is actually the right to destroy the city."
Lewis Mumford, The Highway and the City, 1963