Leavenworth between 14th and 15th?

Have an inside scoop? Word on a new retailer or restaurant? Share it here!

Moderators: Coyote, nebugeater, Brad, Omaha Cowboy, BRoss

Ben
Human Relations

Leavenworth between 14th and 15th?

Post by Ben »

Anyone have a clue what the plan is for the lot currently undergoing demolition next to the 15th St Lofts building on Leavenworth?

That lot had been an eyesore for a while now, with the abandoned brick building crumbling.....  They had some decent manpower on site today doing work (bull dozer, bobcat, several dump trucks, plus several additional men), so I doubt its just demo for the sake of insurance, as they'd take their sweet time doing that.
nebport5
Planning Board

Post by nebport5 »

how about parking for the adjacent/renovated lofts?
Seth
Parks & Recreation

Post by Seth »

I went past there Saturday on the way to the Farmer's Market.  It looked to me like preparation for parking, as they seemed to be leveling the lot at street grade.  I'd guess it will be either parking or grass.

Re: Leavenworth between 14th and 15th?

Post by Guest »

Ben wrote:Anyone have a clue what the plan is for the lot currently undergoing demolition next to the 15th St Lofts building on Leavenworth?

That lot had been an eyesore for a while now, with the abandoned brick building crumbling.....  They had some decent manpower on site today doing work (bull dozer, bobcat, several dump trucks, plus several additional men), so I doubt its just demo for the sake of insurance, as they'd take their sweet time doing that.
A friend's girlfriend is moving in there and she said they're building parking for the tenants. I don't recall if she said it was going to be a lot or a structure, but I believe it's going to be protected somehow.
derog
Home Owners Association

Re: Leavenworth between 14th and 15th?

Post by derog »

Anonymous wrote:
Ben wrote:Anyone have a clue what the plan is for the lot currently undergoing demolition next to the 15th St Lofts building on Leavenworth?

A friend's girlfriend is moving in there and she said they're building parking for the tenants. I don't recall if she said it was going to be a lot or a structure, but I believe it's going to be protected somehow.
This was me. Signed in now.
cdub
Parks & Recreation

Post by cdub »

Just a lot.  No structure or cover.  They looked at using the building and parking inside but didnt think it was cost effective to fix and maintain the structure.