Olive Garden

Have an inside scoop? Word on a new retailer or restaurant? Share it here!

Moderators: Coyote, nebugeater, Brad, Omaha Cowboy, BRoss

mcarch
Library Board

Olive Garden

Post by mcarch »

We need an Olive Garden down here in the Papillion-La Vista Bellevue area.  I drove around town yesterday, wanting Olive Garden.  Went to the one on 76th and Dodge... it was packed.  Then drove all the way out west to the one at 168th and W. Center.  Packed again.  Finally gave up and went to Ryan's Bistro on 176th and W. Center which by the way didn't have many customers (which I thought was sad - they have great Mac'n'cheese made with Gouda).

So the moral of the story, build an Olive Garden in Shadow Lake... you'll have another packed restaurant!!!
2Adam29
Home Owners Association

Post by 2Adam29 »

Maybe the moral of the story is "eat at local restaurants instead of chains"?

lol, I mean, I love Olive Garden too, but its always full, no matter how many we get.

Post by Guest »

Sounds like you lucked out getting into Ryans, that place is always packed and usually requires a reservation unless you go at 4 with the Blue Hairs..
mcarch
Library Board

Post by mcarch »

I hope Ryan's not being packed on a Sunday is a rarity.
agibson95
Home Owners Association

Post by agibson95 »

Olive Garden is always packed, regardless of the city you are in. They purposely underbuild areas for that reason. They want there to be an hour wait, because that gives the impression that they are really popular. Apparently their business model works, because I keep going back.

Post by Guest »

agibson95 wrote:Olive Garden is always packed, regardless of the city you are in. They purposely underbuild areas for that reason. They want there to be an hour wait, because that gives the impression that they are really popular. Apparently their business model works, because I keep going back.
This is the exact reason why Royals baseball didn't work well at Rosenblatt.
Big E
City Council

Post by Big E »

Anonymous wrote:
agibson95 wrote:Olive Garden is always packed, regardless of the city you are in. They purposely underbuild areas for that reason. They want there to be an hour wait, because that gives the impression that they are really popular. Apparently their business model works, because I keep going back.
This is the exact reason why Royals baseball didn't work well at Rosenblatt.
Nice.
Stable genius.
mcarch
Library Board

Post by mcarch »

Yes, it might keep it busy... but they lose customers that way.  I walked away, and so have other customers, because who is going to wait an hour for dinner.  I'm sure some people will, but I wouldn't, and haven't.
Seth
Parks & Recreation

Post by Seth »

That makes sense.

I always try to find a good local place over the big, faceless chains.  The boring consistency and kitchy decor rubs me the wrong way.
nativeomahan
County Board

Post by nativeomahan »

I generally agree, Seth.  However some national chains do "raise the bar" and push the locals into improving their decor/food/service, which can be a good thing for everyone.  M&S Grill is one chain I really like.  The closest one is on The Plaza in KC.  California Pizza Kitchen pushed the entire nation into recognizing that pizza didn't have to come with pepperoni or ground beef to be pizza.