New Football Stadium

Have an inside scoop? Word on a new retailer or restaurant? Share it here!

Moderators: Coyote, nebugeater, Brad, Omaha Cowboy, BRoss

StreetsOfOmaha
City Council

Post by StreetsOfOmaha »

Who are we giving the benefit of the doubt to here? What benefit of what doubt?
"The right to have access to every building in the city by private motorcar in an age when everyone possesses such a vehicle is actually the right to destroy the city."
Lewis Mumford, The Highway and the City, 1963
OmahaJaysCU
Planning Board

Post by OmahaJaysCU »

StreetsOfOmaha wrote:Who are we giving the benefit of the doubt to here? What benefit of what doubt?
Is it really necessary to nitpick at an off the cuff statement of Don Igo about Malibu?
Erik
Parks & Recreation

Post by Erik »

StreetsOfOmaha wrote:I don't think I've blown anything out of proportion, just pointed out that it was an unfortunate metaphor given his position.
What would Viking fans think if their GM said "This isn't South Beach, but there's good football here"..

Those are the kind of statements I am hering a bit too much from too many involved with this league.  I am real excited in the direction they are heading, but their little pot-shots is getting me closer to no longer committing myself as a fan into the future.

Here's some other things they said:
When I was offered to try out for the Nighthawks I thought to myself "Why would anybody want to go there? They aren't Miami Beach and not even close".  What is there to do there?But it is football, so I drug myself off the coach and headed to Omaha for high level football.  I don't plan on staying long, but it will hopefully get me to the next level.  Let's go Nighthawks!

Another:
Omaha is the Green Bay of the UFL! <-- My beef with this statement is the Lincoln MSA is about to surpass the Green Bay MSA in size.  Green Bay is growing 1,200 a year on average and Omaha is growing about 10,000 a year (14,000 a year if you include Lincoln)..

Yet Another:
The UFL brings big city ideas to Little Omaha

There's been more said and I'm sure we are going to here a lot more coastal arrogance.
iamjacobm
City Council

Post by iamjacobm »

Erik wrote:
StreetsOfOmaha wrote:I don't think I've blown anything out of proportion, just pointed out that it was an unfortunate metaphor given his position.
What would Viking fans think if their GM said "This isn't South Beach, but there's good football here"..

Those are the kind of statements I am hering a bit too much from too many involved with this league.  I am real excited in the direction they are heading, but their little pot-shots is getting me closer to no longer committing myself as a fan into the future.

Here's some other things they said:
When I was offered to try out for the Nighthawks I thought to myself "Why would anybody want to go there? They aren't Miami Beach and not even close".  What is there to do there?But it is football, so I drug myself off the coach and headed to Omaha for high level football.  I don't plan on staying long, but it will hopefully get me to the next level.  Let's go Nighthawks!

Another:
Omaha is the Green Bay of the UFL! <-- My beef with this statement is the Lincoln MSA is about to surpass the Green Bay MSA in size.  Green Bay is growing 1,200 a year on average and Omaha is growing about 10,000 a year (14,000 a year if you include Lincoln)..

Yet Another:
The UFL brings big city ideas to Little Omaha

There's been more said and I'm sure we are going to here a lot more coastal arrogance.
I agree some of the executives and other influential UFL people either don't understand PR or don't care.  One thing that comes with being new to professional sports are not having much respect.  The city is an amateur city and will be in every ones mind until we prove ourselves which is understandable.

Just have to say I guarantee Omaha would of had more than the 12 thousand and some change that were at the Rays game a few days ago when they had a chance to lock up a playoff spot for a pro sport team.
nebugeater
City Council

Post by nebugeater »

Erik wrote:
Another:

I heard this one too but the context was 100% in reference to the fans and their knowledge and dedication to the game. Nothing to do with the size of the metro.  Reading WAAAAY too much into these things.
For the record  NEBUGEATER does not equal BUGEATER    !!!!!!!