Hotel at Central Park Plaza

Have an inside scoop? Word on a new retailer or restaurant? Share it here!

Moderators: Coyote, nebugeater, Brad, Omaha Cowboy, BRoss

Brad
City Council

Post by Brad »

oops... Forgot to post this a week or so ago...

According to the Grow Omaha Radio Show or FB page (I can't remember which now). The hotel that was going to build in the Wallstreet Tower is now looking at building in one of the twin towers at Central Park Plaza.
almighty_tuna
City Council

Post by almighty_tuna »

*building* or occupying space in one of the twin towers.  Looking for clarity before wild speculation runs rampant.
Brad
City Council

Post by Brad »

leasing space in one of the towers.
justnick
Human Relations

Post by justnick »

Odd.
And cool.
nativeomahan
County Board

Post by nativeomahan »

But they are such ugly buildings!
Brad
City Council

Post by Brad »

To each their own...  I think they look nice.
mcarch
Library Board

Post by mcarch »

nativeomahan wrote:But they are such ugly buildings!
I would have to agree!  I hate that every picture taken is of the mall centering on Central Park Plaza.  So Brad its 2 to 1.

On another note.  I don't see a hotel being good inside either of those buildings.  I consider the appeal of those towers to be commercial use only.
Big E
City Council

Post by Big E »

3 to 1.
thenewguy
County Board

Post by thenewguy »

I don't think it would bode too well for a new hotel there when the feeding line for homeless is right around the corner.  I'm in no way starting |expletive| about the homeless (so we don't end up on a tangent), it just doesn't seem like it would be an appealing sight for people who are in from out of town in a brand new hotel.  As of right now, all the hotels are not in such close proximity, and it isn't as big an issue.
Go Cubs Go
OmahaJaysCU
Planning Board

Post by OmahaJaysCU »

thenewguy wrote:I don't think it would bode too well for a new hotel there when the feeding line for homeless is right around the corner.  I'm in no way starting |expletive| about the homeless (so we don't end up on a tangent), it just doesn't seem like it would be an appealing sight for people who are in from out of town in a brand new hotel.  As of right now, all the hotels are not in such close proximity, and it isn't as big an issue.
You mean as opposed to staying north of Cuming street by an actual homeless shelter?
thenewguy
County Board

Post by thenewguy »

OmahaJaysCU wrote:
thenewguy wrote:I don't think it would bode too well for a new hotel there when the feeding line for homeless is right around the corner.  I'm in no way starting |expletive| about the homeless (so we don't end up on a tangent), it just doesn't seem like it would be an appealing sight for people who are in from out of town in a brand new hotel.  As of right now, all the hotels are not in such close proximity, and it isn't as big an issue.
You mean as opposed to staying north of Cuming street by an actual homeless shelter?
good point.  

We should just make everyone not homeless and then we won't have this issue.  Simple as that.
Go Cubs Go

Post by Guest »

I guess you have to look at the positive side of it.  Even though it may not be the ideal place for a new hotel and we would not get a new building, we would still get another downtown hotel.  It looks a lot better when there's lights on in both towers and no boards in windows.