Old Gordman's in Bellevue?

Have an inside scoop? Word on a new retailer or restaurant? Share it here!

Moderators: Coyote, nebugeater, Brad, Omaha Cowboy, BRoss

TLGJames
Home Owners Association

Old Gordman's in Bellevue?

Post by TLGJames »

Anyone know what's happening with the Old Gordman's in Bellevue next to No Frills on Fort Crook?  It looks like they are constantly doing some sort of remodeling inside from the look of the trucks.  Just wondering if anyone had a scoop.

Post by Guest »

Herman's Nut house.  Hope they don't paint it yellow.
nebugeater
City Council

Post by nebugeater »

Progress outside as of today.  No ugly paint yet!

For the record  NEBUGEATER does not equal BUGEATER    !!!!!!!

Post by Guest »

Well I guess that is better than an empty building.

Post by Guest »

there was an article with a rendering in the OWH a little while ago.  if i remember correct it wasn't going to be anything crazy color-wise but it looked much better than what is currently there!
Turtle9160
Home Owners Association

Post by Turtle9160 »

I am kind of curious as to what it is going to be they put in parking medians with lights and trees in front a couple of weeks back
nebugeater
City Council

Post by nebugeater »

Turtle9160 wrote:I am kind of curious as to what it is going to be they put in parking medians with lights and trees in front a couple of weeks back
Herman's Nut House is moving there.
TLGJames
Home Owners Association

Post by TLGJames »

It looks so much nicer right now than that horrible empty parking lot.  Green grass and trees!

Post by Guest »

Are we still sure that it's going to be a Herman's nuthouse?  I went by the other day and I couldn't read the sign but it said open.
nebugeater
City Council

Post by nebugeater »

Anonymous wrote:Are we still sure that it's going to be a Herman's nuthouse?  I went by the other day and I couldn't read the sign but it said open.

Yep

Don't think all the manufacturing will be moved there but it is them.  Read this for details. there is a retail store there too.

http://www.marathonventuresinc.com/news/

Marathon Ventures Hosting Ribbon Cutting for New Bellevue Fresh Roast Store

Omaha, NE, November 18, 2011 - - Marathon Ventures, Inc., parent company to Herman’s Nuts, Pear’s Gourmet Coffee and Maggie’s Gourmet Popcorn, is celebrating the opening of its 3,000 square foot Fresh Roast Store at 901 Ft. Crook Rd. North with a ribbon cutting ceremony on Friday, November 18, from 9:00 a.m. – 10:00 a.m.  “This will be our second Fresh Roast Store location and joins our flagship store at 6171 Grover St.,” stated John S. Larsen, President of Marathon Ventures, Inc.  “This is part of our overall redevelopment plan which encompasses over 100,000 square feet of space dedicated to the new store, our offices and our expanded operations, and we wanted to have our doors open to the public by the holidays to shop our festively decorated Fresh Roast Store.  We want our store to become the destination for specialty food items including a full line of gifting packages and holiday tins, trays, and tubs filled with a wide selection of nuts, chocolate covered nuts, peanut brittles, caramel popcorns drizzled with chocolate and holiday coffees.”  

The goal of the retail shop is to provide a destination for people looking for specialty products while supporting the local retailers who sell Marathon’s family of brands in their stores by educating the public that their nuts, coffee and popcorn are fresh roasted and packaged daily here in the local market.  Both Fresh Roast locations are open to the public Monday through Friday from 8:00 a.m. – 4:30 p.m. with possible extended hours throughout the holidays, with the Bellevue location open for business after the November 18 ribbon cutting ceremony.

There has been much anticipation by the City of Bellevue for this new facility which was formerly a Gordman’s building that was purchased by Larsen and business partner Mike Sortino.      “We are excited about being a part of the redevelopment of Fort Crook Road and have enjoyed working with local city and county officials to bring new life to the Fort Crook Road corridor,” Larsen stated.

Marathon Ventures, Inc. is a full-service processor and packager of a variety of consumable products including snack nuts, mixes, gourmet coffees and popcorn.  Since its inception in 1915 with the Herman’s Nut House brand, it has maintained a growing family of consumer brands including Pear’s Gourmet Coffee and Maggie’s Gourmet Popcorn in addition to packaging many well-known store brands.  Marathon Ventures, Inc.’s products can be found in retail establishments in all 50 states and it currently services many Fortune 500 companies.

Post by Guest »

Ok, i Saw the coffee sign up front and I got confused.