Omaha Beef

Have an inside scoop? Word on a new retailer or restaurant? Share it here!

Moderators: Coyote, nebugeater, Brad, Omaha Cowboy, BRoss

outsider looking in

Omaha Beef

Post by outsider looking in »

The IFL has taken the Omaha Beef away from it's owner. If you have every been to a Beef game you will know the embarrassing owner I'm referring to the one that is in the stands yelling obscenities to anyone from his own players and coaches to the referees. The owner had run the team for the last few years without having any workman's comp insurance for his players. Tommy Benizio the commissioner of the IFL has pretty much sealed the fate of the Omaha Beef as they will more than likely fold before the end of the season. A group from Kansas City wanted to buy the Beef but Mr. Benizio messed the deal up as he tried to play hard ball with the group. As of today the Beef are more than 160,000 in debt to travelers insurance in unpaid debts. The IFL has decided to let the owner get control of the team back after this year( so a one year ban for violating league rules).  With the league running it for the current season with a bare bones budget the team is struggling to find food to feed the players. The team was able to get workman's comp insurance from a company in Iowa which is illegal since the team doesn't play home games in Iowa and the teams office's are located in Nebraska. The exhibition game that was played on Thursday night was done so under the workman's comp for a different team. The Beef also have equipment issues. Most of the helmets are past the expiration date and many of the shoulder pads are missing parts and the uniforms haven't been taken care of the way they should. All from not having any money put into maintaining any part of the team.  This is an organization that is in a lot of trouble and could fold at any minute so go and enjoy the game on Friday it might be the only one of the season!!
S33
County Board

Post by S33 »

So the Omaha Beef owes a balance on an insurance account you probably managed. Got it, and I'm sure you will be getting a check in the mail shortly after ranting on eomaha.
jessep28
Planning Board

Post by jessep28 »

Oh, wow, I didn't get this story when someone from the Beef called last week trying to get me to buy season tickets. I should reconsider my decision.
Verbum Domini Manet in Aeternum