strange sign in front of Famous Daves on Maple.

Have an inside scoop? Word on a new retailer or restaurant? Share it here!

Moderators: Coyote, nebugeater, Brad, Omaha Cowboy, BRoss

strange sign in front of Famous Daves on Maple.

Post by Guest »

Does anyone know what the strange sign is in front of Famous Dave's on Maple next to the old Borders location?  I wish I had a picture to post but it is orange triangular in shape at the bottom and circular at the top with a large "A" in it.
Brad
City Council

Post by Brad »

Did that Famous Dave Close already?

Post by Guest »

No, it is a sign on the street.  No connection to famous Daves.  It is accross the frontage road from there.
JPenny
Home Owners Association

Post by JPenny »

I saw this today as well. It looks like a destination marker from google maps.

Post by Guest »

JPenny wrote:I saw this today as well. It looks like a destination marker from google maps.
That is what it looks like now that you mention it.  Any idea as to why it is there?
cdub
Parks & Recreation

Post by cdub »

Maybe something with the Walmart thats coming?  Thats the only thing I know going on there so only a guess.
TechnicalDisaster
Parks & Recreation

Post by TechnicalDisaster »

I saw one of those by oakview mall.  Looks like a Google Maps Destination Pin
"This is America.  It is my God given right to be loudly opinionated on issues I am completely ignorant of."

Post by Guest »

I hope it has something to do with Google Street View. The current Omaha pictures look like they glued a 2005 Blackberry to the roof and started snapping.

Post by Guest »

Anonymous wrote:I hope it has something to do with Google Street View. The current Omaha pictures look like they glued a 2005 Blackberry to the roof and started snapping.
I saw a bumper sticker on a car today that had the same symbol on it.  It was advertising the Easter service at the Century Link.  My guess is that they are all part of this advertising campaign.  Not real affective in my mind.
gkudrna
New to the Neighborhood

Post by gkudrna »

Anonymous wrote:
Anonymous wrote:I hope it has something to do with Google Street View. The current Omaha pictures look like they glued a 2005 Blackberry to the roof and started snapping.
I saw a bumper sticker on a car today that had the same symbol on it.  It was advertising the Easter service at the Century Link.  My guess is that they are all part of this advertising campaign.  Not real affective in my mind.
Here is a link to the image on the King of Kings website showing the symbol:

http://www.kingofkingsomaha.org/ClientD ... %20400.jpg
BRoss
IT Director

Post by BRoss »

TechnicalDisaster wrote:I saw one of those by oakview mall.  Looks like a Google Maps Destination Pin
Are you all sure it's not just a new feature from Google where when you place a pin on their map, they go out and physically put one there for you. :yes:
ThatGuy
Human Relations

Post by ThatGuy »

They put one in at Stinson Park this afternoon. So disappointed to read it's probably for King of Kings. I thought it might be something cool.
jessep28
Planning Board

Post by jessep28 »

It looks to be part of an Easter scavenger hunt.

https://www.facebook.com/kokomaha
Verbum Domini Manet in Aeternum
Brad
City Council

Post by Brad »

OSILayer8Support wrote:
TechnicalDisaster wrote:I saw one of those by oakview mall.  Looks like a Google Maps Destination Pin
Are you all sure it's not just a new feature from Google where when you place a pin on their map, they go out and physically put one there for you. :yes:
That would be funny...  I just set two in to two different Barns out in the middle of no where yesterday.  See the google people head out and do that!
Seth
Parks & Recreation

Post by Seth »

OSILayer8Support wrote:
Already been done:
derog
Home Owners Association

Post by derog »

There's one in the Old Market in front of that Tannenbaum and one in Aksarben village as well (near the belltower or whatever that thing is).

Post by Guest »

This is so lame. I thought it would be something cool. But no, its another commercialized, over the top religious thing.
nebugeater
City Council

Post by nebugeater »

Anonymous wrote:This is so lame. I thought it would be something cool. But no, its another commercialized, over the top religious thing.

????  Religious thing ?????
For the record  NEBUGEATER does not equal BUGEATER    !!!!!!!
Brad
City Council

Post by Brad »

nebugeater wrote:
Anonymous wrote:This is so lame. I thought it would be something cool. But no, its another commercialized, over the top religious thing.

King of Kings Church
jessep28 wrote:It looks to be part of an Easter scavenger hunt.

I give them credit for thinking outside the box and having fun.  Sure beats people standing on the street corner yelling "Your going to He||".
Big E
City Council

Post by Big E »

Brad wrote:I give them credit for thinking outside the box and having fun.  Sure beats people standing on the street corner yelling "Your going to He||".
Especially considering how hard it is to yell the wrong spelling of "you're".  It just gets lost in the noise.
Stable genius.
Brad
City Council

Post by Brad »

Big E wrote:
Brad wrote:I give them credit for thinking outside the box and having fun.  Sure beats people standing on the street corner yelling "Your going to He||".
Especially considering how hard it is to yell the wrong spelling of "you're".  It just gets lost in the noise.

:like:

How the view today?
nebugeater
City Council

Post by nebugeater »

Got it.  Missed that part.  Been traveling for work for two weeks so been out of touch I guess.

Brad wrote:
nebugeater wrote:

King of Kings Church
jessep28 wrote:It looks to be part of an Easter scavenger hunt.

I give them credit for thinking outside the box and having fun.  Sure beats people standing on the street corner yelling "Your going to He||".
For the record  NEBUGEATER does not equal BUGEATER    !!!!!!!
S33
County Board

Post by S33 »

Church: "We need to increase our membership"
Marketing Consultant: "To increase revenues, make giant, stupid google map markers all over town"
Church: "We aren't trying to 'increase revenues', just spread the word of god"
Marketing Consultant: "Oh, that's a good one, I'll have to use that sometime"
jessep28
Planning Board

Post by jessep28 »

S33 wrote:Church: "We need to increase our membership"
Marketing Consultant: "To increase revenues, make giant, stupid google map markers all over town"
I'm sure they're just trying to be relevant to get people down to the Clink. Renting that place can't be cheap.

Although, what you said isn't far off from the truth, especially for capital campaigns. Sadly, in most cases the only party guaranteed to get their money is the consultant. I'm a member of a larger LCMS congregation (same church body KOK is a part of) and I think during our capital campaign last year, the consultant's fee was like $50,000.

But at least they aren't resorting to gimmicks like this church (??) in Texas, yet.

Verbum Domini Manet in Aeternum
Omababe
Planning Board

Post by Omababe »

S33 wrote:Church: "We need to increase our membership"
LOL! This sounds like the dialog from a Dilbert strip. :)