Nordstroms (Rack) @ Crossroads

Have an inside scoop? Word on a new retailer or restaurant? Share it here!

Moderators: Coyote, nebugeater, Brad, Omaha Cowboy, BRoss

Brad
City Council

Nordstroms (Rack) @ Crossroads

Post by Brad »

From the Grow Omaha Rumor Department
Grow Omaha wrote:The Nordstrom brand will most likely enter the Omaha market. We are waiting to find out whether it's a full-service Nordstrom or the smaller but very popular Nordstrom Rack. Nordstrom is showing interest is some smaller markets. When Grow Omaha listeners identify the retailers they most wished Omaha had, Nordstrom is in the top three. Location could possibly be the to-be-redeveloped Crossroads area.
OmahaJaysCU
Planning Board

Post by OmahaJaysCU »

Not to contradict what they've said but I had heard the Nordy Rack will be at Nebraska Crossing.
ricko
Parks & Recreation

Post by ricko »

Nordstrom Rack is one of the better outlet stores, but also one of the most expensive (i.e., you can pick up a $125 shirt for $75).  Most of their clothing is overstock and stuff that didn't sell at their department stores (like 48X30 pants, pink and green striped polo shirts, and stuff like that, so you really have to pick through a lot of junk to get to the deals), but most of it is "first quality"  with some 'irregulars' thrown in. I've had pretty good luck with irregulars (slightly flawed).  I buy most of my clothing at outlet stores, but I've also found out that you have to be careful where you shop.  Outlet stores like Brooks Brothers, Ralph Lauren, and American Eagle actually sell a lesser quality product than they do at their regular retail stores, so it's kind of a wash.  Eddie Bauer, Nike, Banana Republic, Benneton, Bill Blass, and Levi's sell first quality and irregular stuff at a real discount.
garyomaha
Home Owners Association

Post by garyomaha »

My contact who works at Nordstrom says:

A Nordstrom Rack is opening in Des Moines next Fall.
Omaha should be getting one in the next year or two.
nativeomahan
County Board

Post by nativeomahan »

The Overland Park location is wonderful.  High end fashion for about half price.