North Downtown Development in the works

Have an inside scoop? Word on a new retailer or restaurant? Share it here!

Moderators: Coyote, nebugeater, Brad, Omaha Cowboy, BRoss

MadMartin8
Planning Board

Post by MadMartin8 »

iamjacobm wrote:^^ Yeah the only 4 blocks that seemed reasonable to me was The Yard and the block directly west of that.

Obviously if this is anything wouldn't be for a few years.  Maybe this could start as Shamrock finishes.

I'm with you Linkin heres to hoping is the right mentality right now.

I'm thinking the Yard and the Block West, OR the blocks just North of the new Hotels next to TD Ameritrade Park.
cdub
Parks & Recreation

Post by cdub »

Linkin5 wrote:
Anonymous wrote:
Anonymous wrote:
Anonymous wrote:
Anonymous wrote:I can confirm this, however, its in such an early/preliminary stage of the process it is barely worth mentioning.
It's great to hear that an anonymous person can stand firmly behind the anonymous OP.  This confirms the OP isn't lying  :lol:

I know how this thread is going to end.  You are going to say, "see, we told you this would happen" when the Shamrock development breaks ground.
I am the one that posted this.  I am also a very regular poster on this forum and have been for several years.  Brad can check the IPs and stuff if he wants to.  

But here is my point, developers do feasibility studies all the time, more often than not it doesn't amount to much.  I just wanted to confirm that yes, something is being discussed, but it really isn't even worth talking about because it is so early on in the process.
In addition to that, Brad can also link my posts to several other rumors initiated by a guest, that have been since confirmed.
Well I hope you are either Cdub or that he could chime in.  The thing that makes this just seem a little bit questionable is 4 block area.  Here's to hoping though.
I don't worry that much about whether people believe me or not.  
This one doesnt yet ring a bell.
S33
County Board

Post by S33 »

So are you on the planning board or something, or what? Identify yourself or I'm calling immigration.

Post by Guest »

I work in the area and have heard some talk about this possible development.   I don't really know any details except that the project includes both housing and retail, it's supposed to take up several blocks, and the development has been called or referred to as College Park.  I haven't heard anything about a hotel though.
ShawJ
Parks & Recreation

Post by ShawJ »

Anonymous wrote:I work in the area and have heard some talk about this possible development.   I don't really know any details except that the project includes both housing and retail, it's supposed to take up several blocks, and the development has been called or referred to as College Park.  I haven't heard anything about a hotel though.
College Village
Linkin5
County Board

Post by Linkin5 »

ShawJ wrote:
Anonymous wrote:I work in the area and have heard some talk about this possible development.   I don't really know any details except that the project includes both housing and retail, it's supposed to take up several blocks, and the development has been called or referred to as College Park.  I haven't heard anything about a hotel though.
College Village
The Village at College Centre

Post by Guest »

Urban village, village pointed, aksarben village, university village, and what else am I missing? Gotta be more.
TitosBuritoBarn
Planning Board

Post by TitosBuritoBarn »

Linkin5 wrote:
ShawJ wrote:
College Village
The Village at College Centre
...which in initial renderings will look this:

but then they'll end up just building like 6 of these:

Post by Guest »

Why does it seem like so many of these posts end up being about how everyone has a problem with the name of a development?  If you don't like the names given, why don't you go to college, get yourself a degree, make your own millions, and build your own developments?   That way you can name the developments anything you want.....and you can build them as tall as you want.
MadMartin8
Planning Board

Post by MadMartin8 »

Anonymous wrote:Why does it seem like so many of these posts end up being about how everyone has a problem with the name of a development?  If you don't like the names given, why don't you go to college, get yourself a degree, make your own millions, and build your own developments?   That way you can name the developments anything you want.....and you can build them as tall as you want.
Taking life too seriously isn't very good for your health. Unless you're being chased by a huge animal, or a psychopath with a weapon. Then you should take running away seriously.
NovakOmaha
Planning Board

Post by NovakOmaha »

Anonymous wrote:Urban village, village pointed, aksarben village, university village, and what else am I missing? Gotta be more.
Shop!  Or, alternatively, Shoppe!  Shoppes?  Stores.  Nah.  Public Market?  For what it's worth, Nebraska Furniture Mart sounds boring if you think about it.
ShawJ
Parks & Recreation

Post by ShawJ »

NovakOmaha wrote:
Anonymous wrote:Urban village, village pointed, aksarben village, university village, and what else am I missing? Gotta be more.
 For what it's worth, Nebraska Furniture Mart sounds boring if you think about it.
s33.

Post by s33. »

Anonymous wrote:Why does it seem like so many of these posts end up being about how everyone has a problem with the name of a development?  If you don't like the names given, why don't you go to college, get yourself a degree, make your own millions, and build your own developments?   That way you can name the developments anything you want.....and you can build them as tall as you want.
please shut up.
OmahaJaysCU
Planning Board

Post by OmahaJaysCU »

MadMartin8 wrote:
Taking life too seriously isn't very good for your health. Unless you're being chased by a huge animal, or a psychopath with a weapon. Then you should take running away seriously.
Read more post less
Village Mayor

Post by Village Mayor »

Henry Doorly Animal Village
Ballpark Village
Ameritrade Village
Crossroads Village
Oakview Village
Dundee Village
Benson Village
North Omaha Village
Gretna Village
Westroads Village
Walmart Village
Old Market Village
Peony Village
Warren Buffet Village
First National Upright Village
West Omaha Sprawl Village
Boystown Village
Creighton Village
Millard Village
SOMA Village
Southroads Village
Little Italy Village
Omaha Village Forum
Omaha Village Herald
Omaha Village Humane Society
Omaha Village Public Library
Omaha Village Civic Auditorium
Omaha Village Botanical Gardens
CenturyLink Center Omaha Village
Omaha Village, Nebraska
Union Village Railroad
Omaha Village Steaks
GetUrban
Planning Board

Post by GetUrban »

What's wrong with Hamlet?
He said "They are some big, ugly red brick buildings"
...and then they were gone.
Omababe
Planning Board

Post by Omababe »

TitosBuritoBarn wrote:but then they'll end up just building like 6 of these:
LOL! How true! :)
s33.

Post by s33. »

OmahaJaysCU wrote:
MadMartin8 wrote:
Read more post less
LOL!
JustJosh

Post by JustJosh »

College Park AKA Verison Wireless Village
Garrett
County Board

Post by Garrett »

Henery Doorely Animale Village
Ballparke Village
Ameritrade Village
Crossroades Village
Oakviewe Village
Dundee'e Village
Bensone Village
Northe Omaha Village
Gretnae Village
Westroades Village
Walmarte Village
Ye Olde Markete Village
Peony Village
Warrene Buffete Village
Firste Nationale Uprighte Village
Weste Omaha Sprawle Village
Boystowne Village
Creightone Village
Millarde Village
SOMAe Village
Southroades Village
Little'e Italy Village
Omaha Village Forume
Omaha Village Heralde
Omaha Village Humane Society
Omaha Village Publice Library
Omaha Village Civice Auditorium
Omaha Village Botanicale Gardens
CenturyLink Centre Omaha Village
Omaha Village, Nebraska...e
Unione Village Railroade
Omaha Village Steakes

Everything is fancier with e's.
OMA-->CHI-->NYC
MadMartin8
Planning Board

Post by MadMartin8 »

OmahaJaysCU wrote:
MadMartin8 wrote:
Read more post less
Why should I post less?