Jack in the Box

Have an inside scoop? Word on a new retailer or restaurant? Share it here!

Moderators: Coyote, nebugeater, Brad, Omaha Cowboy, BRoss

bbinks
Parks & Recreation

Post by bbinks »

Coyote wrote:What is nasty is that it wasn't just McDonald's who used Pink Slime, or what we feed our pets.
One report, if you choose to believe it, was that the public schools across the nation were some of the larger purchasers as well.
Coyote
City Council

Post by Coyote »

bbinks wrote:
Coyote wrote:What is nasty is that it wasn't just McDonald's who used Pink Slime, or what we feed our pets.
One report, if you choose to believe it, was that the public schools across the nation were some of the larger purchasers as well.
That is what Oliver suggested in a video he posted:

[youtube][/youtube]
jessep28
Planning Board

Post by jessep28 »

McDonalds went to all white meat in their nuggets years ago ( http://mcdepk.com/ChickenMcNuggets2008/ ... meline.pdf ). They also stopped using beef fillers around the time the "pink slime" controversy erupted over the summer.

I'm not defending the fast food industry by any means. However, I find it convenient that people like Jamie Oliver are on this crusade for people to eat better all while selling cookbooks to educate their newly converted flock.
Last edited by jessep28 on Mon Oct 29, 2012 9:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Verbum Domini Manet in Aeternum
Coyote
City Council

Post by Coyote »

Years?

My first IRS regulated job was at the BK at ?114th & Dodge in 1975 .  We all knew what was in the freezers, and what we had to clean after hours. I cannot eat FF ever since. Then.
Big E
City Council

Post by Big E »

jessep28 wrote:I'm not defending the fast food industry by any means. However, I find it convenient that people like Jamie Oliver are on this crusade for people to eat better all while selling cookbooks to educate their newly converted flock.
Isn't the free market awesome?
Stable genius.
bigredmed
Parks & Recreation

Post by bigredmed »

Big E wrote:
jessep28 wrote:I'm not defending the fast food industry by any means. However, I find it convenient that people like Jamie Oliver are on this crusade for people to eat better all while selling cookbooks to educate their newly converted flock.
Isn't the free market awesome?
Any of the TV Chefs are prone to using toxic amounts of fat, sugar, and salt.  My wife likes Rachel Ray.  I catch her recipe demos.  She must buy salt by the short ton.   A pinch of salt for her is at least a teaspoon.

The amount of food you eat is at least as important as what you eat.  If you eat some calorie conscious chicken salad, then eat 1000 calories of fru-fru desert, are you any better off  than if you ate a big mac and called it good?
Omababe
Planning Board

Post by Omababe »

LOL, kinda looks like strawberry soft-serv. :)
ThatGuy
Human Relations

Post by ThatGuy »

Jack in the Box held a franchising event here last week, FWTW.
Brad
City Council

Post by Brad »

ThatGuy wrote:Jack in the Box held a franchising event here last week, FWTW.
Was that part of the Omaha Chamber's Midwest Franchising Expo or something different?
ThatGuy
Human Relations

Post by ThatGuy »

Not sure. I wasn't looking for info on Jack in the Box, but fell through an internet wormhole last night and wound up here http://www.jackinthebox.com/corporate/f ... ise-event/
BRoss
IT Director

Post by BRoss »

It looks like they might be thinking about expanding into this area.
Omababe
Planning Board

Post by Omababe »

HR Paperstacks wrote:It looks like they might be thinking about expanding into this area.
{twirling index finger}

Sorry to poo-poo this, but I really can't get excited about yet another chain invading the area. :(
S33
County Board

Post by S33 »

Omababe wrote:
HR Paperstacks wrote:It looks like they might be thinking about expanding into this area.
{twirling index finger}

Sorry to poo-poo this, but I really can't get excited about yet another chain invading the area. :(
Yep, pretty much all the same sh*t on a bun.
Brad
City Council

Post by Brad »

S33 wrote:
Omababe wrote:
{twirling index finger}

Yep, pretty much all the same sh*t on a bun.
I agree.  Other than a little street cred from the kids, no big deal to me.  They can have it and I will stick to the good burgers at the local places in this town.