Corn fields on Ida, between 162nd and 168th

Have an inside scoop? Word on a new retailer or restaurant? Share it here!

Moderators: Coyote, nebugeater, Brad, Omaha Cowboy, BRoss

Plm5

Corn fields on Ida, between 162nd and 168th

Post by Plm5 »

Anyone know if there are any plans to develop the cornfields just east of 168th & Ida?  I heard a rumor that the archdiosece of Omaha was considering that area for a new church/parish, but that was some time ago and I haven't heard anything since then.  Not sure who owns the land either...
Coyote
City Council

Post by Coyote »

C R Investments owns most of the undeveloped land NE of 168 &  Ida - 150 acres on three parcels. Previously owned by Celebrity Homes but then given to the Larson family, then CRI, same offices as Celebrity Homes. CRI (Loren Johnson) received approval from the Planning Department to rezone from AG to R4 at the end of 2010 for 645 single family homes (Highland Ridge). Preliminary Plat adopted by the City Council, 12/14/10.
cdub
Parks & Recreation

Post by cdub »

Prelim plats expire after 2 years and my guess is this one isnt going anywhere in the meantime.
Coyote
City Council

Post by Coyote »

cdub wrote:Prelim plats expire after 2 years and my guess is this one isnt going anywhere in the meantime.
That was what I was wondering. They were not given that many replat requirements... And they were both unanimous votes, IIRC.