Hopefully I was right.

Have an inside scoop? Word on a new retailer or restaurant? Share it here!

Moderators: Coyote, nebugeater, Brad, Omaha Cowboy, BRoss

DTO Luv
City Council

Hopefully I was right.

Post by DTO Luv »

Since the last Qwest Center thread I started disappeared I'll put this out again. According to my source at the Qwest Center, after CU finished it's season construction on the upper bowl additions would begin. Hopefully we'll hear something and you all won't think I'm an |expletive|. :)

So once again...

Basketball: 18,200
Hockey: 17,400
Concerts: 19,260
DTO
OmahaDevelopmentMan
Human Relations

Post by OmahaDevelopmentMan »

I'll still believe it when I see it...though I still don't think it is needed, since Creighton is still filling the place under capacity. Maybe after next season when Creighton is kicking a$$ (next season is looking very promising...even better than 29-5 two years ago hopefully), and hopefully we will see some sell outs other than the nebraska game. But for now, we're fine.
DTO Luv
City Council

Post by DTO Luv »

It's not just for Creighton. We are going after things like Olympic time trials and other sporting events that aren't for local teams and the extra seats will be for those things. The seats will make Omaha more viable for differant events and if they start making center stage concerts more the norm, Omaha will be a better concert draw since it has lots of size options.
DTO
OmahaDevelopmentMan
Human Relations

Yea, I was just using Creighton as an example becasue they will see about 150x more use of the Qwest then some 1 week event will. I just am not convinced that it is needed.
DTO Luv
City Council

Post by DTO Luv »

If we're going to have a big empty spot in the arena it might as well have seats and have the potential to be usefull every once in a while. I really do think we'll hear something soon.
DTO
guy4omaha
Parks & Recreation

Re: Hopefully I was right.

Post by guy4omaha »

DTO Luv wrote: Hopefully we'll hear something and you all won't think I'm an |expletive|. :)
Uh let's see now, DTO gave us this huge opportunity ... Nah, I'll let it go by. Such restraint.
My old signature got too old. So old it was getting almost as old me as me. Yeah, it was up there in years.
jsheets
Human Relations

Post by jsheets »

The head of MECA (or King, as they called him) was on Todd N Tyler this morning. He said that not only did the two Chesney concerts sell out, but the Green Day concert also has.

And the best news, is that the final designs of the new seats should be in soon. They are preserving the mezzanine area by putting the seats above it!!! This will be a great compromise!

As an aside, he was asked what concert has sold the most beer thus far, and his answer was (no surprise) Metallica. Rock on.
OmahaRules
Library Board

Post by OmahaRules »

TnT are great I'll have to catch the 3rd shift replay!
DTO Luv
City Council

Post by DTO Luv »

Green Day sold out too. Glad I got my tickets. They are way in the back so it looks like I'll have to pull another Metallica when the lights go out. Maybe I can get a matching scar on my other arm. :twisted:

I missed TnT today at work. They were on but I couldn't hear. See maybe I was right. I can't wait to see what the seats will look like. And damn. 2 Kenny Chesney sell outs?!?! That's like 30,000-34,000 people. Yay Omaha.
DTO
TitosBuritoBarn
Planning Board

Post by TitosBuritoBarn »

For rock concerts at the Qwest, do they always set chairs on the arena floor instead of leaving it open for mosh pits and such?
DTO Luv
City Council

Post by DTO Luv »

Metallica and Green Day were General admission but they do it kind of weird. They sold GA tickets for the floor but everyone else was assigned seats even though they were sold for the same price as the GA ones.(<Green Day) Metallica had GA and assigned and the GA floor ones were more expensive. Kiss and Aerosmith should have been GA but they had seats on the floor. Their fans are a bit older though but for nostalgia's sake it would have been fun. All of the concerts after the RCR rodeos have the open floor but you're standing on dirt.

I remember the first concert there with Ted Nugent. The rodeo had gotten done and alot of people left. There were only over 3,000 for the concert. When the show started everyone was still in the seats and the floor was empty. Then all of a sudden this chick who was really loaded jumped over the fence and started dancing. Her boyfriend, who was just as drunk, followed her over. Everyone was looking around really wanting to go out but didn't know what the security would do. Then I figured what the heck. I went over and then pretty much everyone else did too. Security came out but they just made sure we didn't climb on the bull gates. It was pretty cool.
DTO
OmahaDevelopmentMan
Human Relations

Someone told me they said something about the baseball stadium the other day too, anyone hear that? And do they still do the online transcripts?
DTO Luv
City Council

Post by DTO Luv »

I missed TnT the other night too. For some reason their is no radio in this house. I know they repeat the "best" episode on Saturday morning and it's usually one with a big guest. They've reaired Dixon before.
DTO
DTO Luv
City Council

Post by DTO Luv »

Well I guess that spot would be ok. Then the CU campus would go from 10th St. to 30th St.
DTO
DTO Luv
City Council

Post by DTO Luv »

I got a reply to the email I sent to the Qwest Center today about the arena expansion. So my source (not me :) ) was wrong about the timeline. It won't be this year :( :x BUT their will be more seats then the original 2,000 that were planned. BWAHAHAHAHA!!! She also said that there will be new info coming out in the next few months but that's to be expected.
DTO
DTO Luv
City Council

Post by DTO Luv »

Since this is mu obsession I was looking into some of the arenas that hosted the NCAA regionals. I was wondering what Aluquerque had to host the event and found The Pit to see 18,018. So if a city like ABQ can have a place that big and draw big NCAA events I'm almost certain that the Qwest Cetner will seat more than 18,000.
DTO
OhioStreetKid
Home Owners Association

Post by OhioStreetKid »

DTO- While the Pit may be smaller and older than most arenas the NCAA has to choose from the history that has taken place at the Pit regarding the NCAA is probably part of the reason the NCAA grants them major events.
Blazepaw
Home Owners Association

Post by Blazepaw »

Yea, History is keeping teams in place. LOL
Blazepaw
Home Owners Association

Post by Blazepaw »

I know this speaks of UNL not holding our dollers... and I am sure another Tom Osborne like streak is starting this year. Huskers rule!

If they don't we will be ripe for Local Action.

Very Bad people have thought this for years.

Bad, Bad, Evil... baseball fans.
DTO Luv
City Council

Post by DTO Luv »

:evil:
DTO