AMC Theater at Shadow Lake

Have an inside scoop? Word on a new retailer or restaurant? Share it here!

Moderators: Coyote, nebugeater, Brad, Omaha Cowboy, BRoss

Brad
City Council

Post by Brad »

Rumor from Saturday's Grow Omaha show, AMC might build next to Dick's in Shadow Lake.
nebugeater
City Council

Re: AMC Theater at Shadow Lake

Post by nebugeater »

Brad wrote:AMC Theater at Shadow Lake

Rumor from Saturday's Grow Omaha show, AMC might build next to Dick's in Shadow Lake.

How busy is Twin Creek,

Will that kill them off?  The Twin Creek theater that was supposed to jusm start that area really got the shaft.  Just them and Culvers and nothing else.
For the record  NEBUGEATER does not equal BUGEATER    !!!!!!!
TLGJames
Home Owners Association

Post by TLGJames »

Twin Creek will be fine.  Maybe they'll have an Imax there.
iamjacobm
City Council

Post by iamjacobm »

Wasn't there worry of the market being over loaded with theaters not too long ago?  I suppose Sarpy doesn't have nearly as many as Omaha does though.

One thing sort of on topic.  I went to the Oak View AMC a few weeks ago for the first time in a long time and wow that place has been passed by other options in the city especially the east part.  Rave, Aksarben and Midtown are all light years ahead of that AMC.
BRoss
IT Director

Post by BRoss »

iamjacobm wrote:One thing sort of on topic.  I went to the Oak View AMC a few weeks ago for the first time in a long time and wow that place has been passed by other options in the city especially the east part.
I went there this past Sunday and I noticed that the concession stand in the south wing was permanently closed. I assume the one in the north wing is too and that only the main concession stand is open anymore. I think these other theaters have taken a lot of business from them.
jessep28
Planning Board

Post by jessep28 »

HR Paperstacks wrote:
iamjacobm wrote:One thing sort of on topic.  I went to the Oak View AMC a few weeks ago for the first time in a long time and wow that place has been passed by other options in the city especially the east part.
I went there this past Sunday and I noticed that the concession stand in the south wing was permanently closed. I assume the one in the north wing is too and that only the main concession stand is open anymore. I think these other theaters have taken a lot of business from them.
It's been that way for years.
Verbum Domini Manet in Aeternum
bigredmed
Parks & Recreation

Post by bigredmed »

jessep28 wrote:
HR Paperstacks wrote:
It's been that way for years.
When this first happened, we were told that they didn't open them anymore because they couldn't hire enough kids to work there.   Now, its being out competed.  The AK is so much better equipt, and has a easier access route.