New resort planned

Have an inside scoop? Word on a new retailer or restaurant? Share it here!

Moderators: Coyote, nebugeater, Brad, Omaha Cowboy, BRoss

Lincoln Logger

New resort planned

Post by Lincoln Logger »

I heard this from a pretty reliable source that would know about these things.   There is a wildlife themed resort being planned out by or in conjunction with the Wildlife Safari Park.   The resort will be a 100 room lodge style hotel along with 30 cabin type structures.   The resort is going to include an indoor waterpark, natural history exhibits, a restaurant with a wildlife viewing deck, an event center, observation tower, and an IMAX theater.   Construction could start by fall of 2013.
Brad
City Council

Post by Brad »

That sounds cool!  Since Mahoney is always booked, this could do well.

FYI, this Guest does not have the same IP Address as any of the other rumor starters (ex European Village).
NovakOmaha
Planning Board

Post by NovakOmaha »

That's too bad.  I was hoping for the wildlife themed factory, Nordstroms, Macys, and especially the wildlife themed .... well, you get the point.

Post by Guest »

Oh, it's supposed to have some kind of rock climbing/zip line attraction too.   Can't wait for that.
S33
County Board

Post by S33 »

Brad wrote: Since Mahoney is always booked, this could do well.
And may not have an infestation of the Brown Recluse spider like Mahoney does!
Lincoln Logger

Post by Lincoln Logger »

I ran into the guy that originally told me about the new resort planned and asked him if he heard how things are coming along.   He didn't have a whole lot of information for me, but told me that they probably won't begin construction until spring of 2014 now.   They are still ironing out some kind of agreement with the wildlife safari park and some other business entity that will be very heavily involved in the project.   How does Mutual of Omaha's Wild Kingdom Resort sound?
nebugeater
City Council

Post by nebugeater »

Lincoln Logger wrote:I ran into the guy that originally told me about the new resort planned and asked him if he heard how things are coming along.   He didn't have a whole lot of information for me, but told me that they probably won't begin construction until spring of 2014 now.   They are still ironing out some kind of agreement with the wildlife safari park and some other business entity that will be very heavily involved in the project.   How does Mutual of Omaha's Wild Kingdom Resort sound?
Sounds like a fantasy
For the record  NEBUGEATER does not equal BUGEATER    !!!!!!!

Post by Guest »

European villa!
TitosBuritoBarn
Planning Board

Post by TitosBuritoBarn »

Anonymous wrote:Oh, it's supposed to have some kind of rock climbing/zip line attraction too.   Can't wait for that.
[youtube][/youtube]
"Video game violence is not a new problem. Who could forget in the wake of SimCity how children everywhere took up urban planning." - Stephen Colbert
Linkin5
County Board

Post by Linkin5 »

I heard there's gonna be a footlocker and Wet Seal in every room.

Post by Guest »

Brad wrote:That sounds cool!  Since Mahoney is always booked, this could do well.

FYI, this Guest does not have the same IP Address as any of the other rumor starters (ex European Village).
So let that be a lesson, even in guest mode your not that anonymous ( regulars ).
Linkin5
County Board

Post by Linkin5 »

Anonymous wrote:
Brad wrote:That sounds cool!  Since Mahoney is always booked, this could do well.

So let that be a lesson, even in guest mode your not that anonymous ( regulars ).
This your first day on the internet?
Big E
City Council

Post by Big E »

Linkin5 wrote:This your first day on the internet?
Yes. Do you know if there is an "adult" section?
Stable genius.
jessep28
Planning Board

Post by jessep28 »

You could be hardcore and hide behind a proxy or Tor IP.
Verbum Domini Manet in Aeternum
Tom Green's Left Nut

Post by Tom Green's Left Nut »

You regulars should no bedder.
Tom Green's Right Nut

Post by Tom Green's Right Nut »

If you wanna get me excited properly, say the project involves several roller coasters. A hotel is useless to me
Lincoln Logger

Post by Lincoln Logger »

I don't actually know who the business entity that will be heavily involved in the project is.   The guy I talked to couldn't reveal that.   When I mentioned Mutual of Omaha, that was just a joke, although I like how the name "Mutual of Omaha's Wild Kingdom Resort" sounds.    Just the name recognizition alone would help draw people.   Who knows what he actually meant by a business entity that will be heavily involved.    Maybe he was talking about a developer.   Maybe he was talking about a hotel chain.   Maybe he was talking about the business who would run or manage the IMAX theater, restaurant, or events center.   I do agree, that some roller coasters would be nice, but the chance of that happening is as good as Steve Minard's Port Nebraska happening.
lisanstan
Library Board

Post by lisanstan »

We need a bingo card with new rumored development details. Any name ending in an extra "e". Parking garage not surface lot. Macy's, Ikea. You get the idea.
Lincoln Logger

Post by Lincoln Logger »

I was told that Whitefish Lodge at Safari Park is going to be the name of the resort.
Lincoln Logger

Post by Lincoln Logger »

I was wondering if this could be another location for Whitefish Lodge (whitefish-lodge.com)?   I emailed them and asked if they were planning on opening a resort in the Omaha-Lincoln area.   I just got the typical reply back with them saying that they strive to offer their guests an excellent lodging experience, how wonderful they are when it comes to hosting your events, and how they are a growing company and to keep checking back to their website for more exciting news and information.
MadMartin8
Planning Board

Post by MadMartin8 »

Well, it's interesting to say the least. I, obviously, have my doubts...but it'd be fantastic if true.
No posts exist for this topic

Post by Guest »

At least this rumor is in the realm of believable, unlike some other recent rumors. Still waiting on the ground-breaking for the PacLife tower.
RNcyanide
Planning Board

Post by RNcyanide »

Anonymous wrote:At least this rumor is in the realm of believable, unlike some other recent rumors. Still waiting on the ground-breaking for the PacLife tower.
Don't forget about the new Kiewit tower.
When fortune smiles on something as violent and ugly as revenge, it seems proof like no other that not only does God exist, you're doing his will.

The Bride
Lincoln Logger

Post by Lincoln Logger »

I think it would be great if this new resort is somehow connected to the zoo.   I've stayed at the the resort at Disney's Animal Kingdom before and it was so cool.   I opened up the window drapes in my room one morning and there was a giraffe looking in my window.  The place could be a cool place to spend the weekend.   Visit the Wildlife Safari Park in the morning, let the kids play in the indoor waterpark in the afternoon, have dinner on the wildlife observation deck, take in an IMAX film, and head to the top of the observation tower to take in the beautiful Nebraska sunset.