New Hi-Rise!!

Have an inside scoop? Word on a new retailer or restaurant? Share it here!

Moderators: Coyote, nebugeater, Brad, Omaha Cowboy, BRoss

Swift
Planning Board

Post by Swift »

It would probably be called "Two First National Center"
Omaha Cowboy
The Don

Post by Omaha Cowboy »

DTO Luv wrote:
pkiphd wrote:
DTO Luv wrote:
pkiphd wrote:HUH?! Any whisper on its local? Dam I’m a genius.
WHO realized it was One First National center PKI? ;)
Okay okay Lou did. I didn’t want to rat anybody out.
Still wrong. I told him. :)
Yeah..But I tele-pathed it into your brain :) ..

..Ciao..LiO....Peace
Go Cowboys!
MTO
City Council

Post by MTO »

Omaha Cowboy wrote:
DTO Luv wrote:
pkiphd wrote:
DTO Luv wrote:
pkiphd wrote:HUH?! Any whisper on its local? Dam I’m a genius.
WHO realized it was One First National center PKI? ;)
Okay okay Lou did. I didn’t want to rat anybody out.
Still wrong. I told him. :)
Yeah..But I tele-pathed it into your brain :) ..

..Ciao..LiO....Peace
so who told you?
15-17, 26, 32
Omaha Cowboy
The Don

Post by Omaha Cowboy »

:lol: ..

..Ciao..LiO....Peace
Go Cowboys!

Post by Guest »

I wonder where First National would put a second building? I know Doubletree has been trying to get them to buy the Central Parking Garage or whatever it's called at 17th and Capital.
MTO
City Council

Post by MTO »

With a potential 5-6 new hi-rise/skyscrapers + the 10fl hotel on the ballpark going up in DTO soon, (announced in a year or 3 but there will be construction overlap) our skyline will be filled with cranes once again and I love that look. I think it’s a nice look for us.
15-17, 26, 32
KansasCityCraka
New to the Neighborhood

Post by KansasCityCraka »

pkiphd wrote:With a potential 5-6 new hi-rise/skyscrapers + the 10fl hotel on the ballpark going up in DTO soon, (announced in a year or 3 but there will be construction overlap) our skyline will be filled with cranes once again and I love that look. I think it’s a nice look for us.
Great look for you and for the rest of the midwest. I remember when KC had a total of 13 Tower Cranes in DTKC at once. It looked amazing, a lot of those have gone away because the IRS building doesn't need them anymore. But once the Power And Light District gets going on the building phase I think KC will see that again very soon.

I saw a picture of DTO when it had a lot of tower cranes. Can't remember where I saw it, but I do know it was on this site. Can someone find it and post it again?
Kansas City Population:

452,496 in city
1,981,639 in metro
Admin
Law Enforcement

Post by Admin »

MTO
City Council

Post by MTO »

Not exactly the same thing but when the QCO was going up there was a hand full of cranes and that was pretty cool too. Soon we will see RFP’s crane on the horizon that might tie me over a wile.
15-17, 26, 32
Finn
Parks & Recreation

Post by Finn »

:evil: Bad News. :evil: The development group that was looking into the project will not be going forward with it. However, that does not mean that the John Q. Hammonds Group won't pursue other developers for the proposal. However, on the bright side - this development group does more office and industrial work (as opposed to residential) and is committing to the Omaha market. They feel the market is strong and want to get a foothold into Kiewit's stronghold. They have sent a group to meet with bankers and brokers and drive the market for their own edification. :D They put a satellite office in KC a few years ago and I bet they will have one in Omaha within three-five years. This is a very large development group and their commitment to the Omaha market speaks volume for the future growth.
Last edited by Finn on Mon Nov 21, 2005 2:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Will
Library Board

Post by Will »

so are you saying that they are going to open an office in a west O strip mall somewhere: opposed to building a skyscraper in downtown Omaha?
Go west young man.
Finn
Parks & Recreation

Post by Finn »

No. They were looking at being the developer on the hotel/condo tower on the JHQ site downtown. They have passed on that project. However, they are interested in (convinced in the strength of) the Omaha office and industrial markets and have committed resources to study them and gain a presence in these markets.

I am just speculating that they will open a satellite office in the area in the future. However, that satellite office will probably be a one or two person shop (to keep on top of the market and make deals) with most of the work (design, etc.) coming from HQ.
Linkin5
County Board

Post by Linkin5 »

This sucks.
OmahaChef
Parks & Recreation

Post by OmahaChef »

Maybe we should contact the group from Milwaukee. They could build a University Towers lookalike. The news isn't good, but...it sounds like if JQH could find another developer, it might not be dead.
Finn
Parks & Recreation

Post by Finn »

True Chef. I am not ready to call this project dead. There is still a quality piece of vacant ground in the heart of Omaha with a willing owner with a plan. The group that I knew was looking at the project could not get the numbers to work. However, it just may be a little early for it. The real problem was market prices especially with what was in the pipeline. As Riverfront Place and others continue with the visual progress and more people become interested in living downtown, the prices will go up and more developers will gain interest. Unfortunately, there is still some proving of the market to happen. But, I remain confident that the market will continue to grow.