Ralston Arena Adding 3rd Sheet

Have an inside scoop? Word on a new retailer or restaurant? Share it here!

Moderators: Coyote, nebugeater, Brad, Omaha Cowboy, BRoss

Red Ice Rooter

Ralston Arena Adding 3rd Sheet

Post by Red Ice Rooter »

A long time Lancer season ticket holder told me that the American Legion in Ralston next to the arena is moving to make room or Arena Expansion including a third sheet of ice.

Hope they add a lot more parking too.  They are way short as it is.
iceguy

Post by iceguy »

I would be shocked if they added a 3rd sheet.  They are already $10 million over budget and another sheet would be several more.  I think they are trying to add a hotel and put it where the legion is.
Filthy McNasty
New to the Neighborhood

Post by Filthy McNasty »

From someone associated with the Legion: "There will be a vote on Feb 18. The vote will be to move into the lower level of the new hotel that will be build next to the Ralston Arena.

Hampton Inn wants to build a 90 room hotel and the Legion will have 4900 sq ft on the lower level that we will own. They will pay for new kitchen and built to our specs."
windsor
Human Relations

Post by windsor »

I would venture to guess that more parking for the two existing sheets is more critical than a third sheet.  Its good to see the American Legion getting a new post.
where the corn meets the concrete
Filthy McNasty
New to the Neighborhood

Post by Filthy McNasty »

An update: "Just came back from the Ralston City Council meeting tonight. Found out that the new hotel that was going in next to the Ralston Arena and the Ralston American Legion Post 373 was going to move inside.
Well it's not going to happen. The Legion is staying put for now but the Developer will be looking for a place in Ralston to re-locate the Legion. He thought AJ's Bar on 96th street south of Q Street just to the East of the Hyee Vee.
I told him that would not work, we want to stay in the Ralston City limits. AJ's Bar is in the Ralston School District, but not the City limits. "
Brad
City Council

Post by Brad »

Filthy McNasty wrote:An update: "Just came back from the Ralston City Council meeting tonight. Found out that the new hotel that was going in next to the Ralston Arena and the Ralston American Legion Post 373 was going to move inside.
Well it's not going to happen. The Legion is staying put for now but the Developer will be looking for a place in Ralston to re-locate the Legion. He thought AJ's Bar on 96th street south of Q Street just to the East of the Hyee Vee.
I told him that would not work, we want to stay in the Ralston City limits. AJ's Bar is in the Ralston School District, but not the City limits. "
There are still 2 lots left in front of the new menards.  Probably really high dollar, but they would be int he city.  Isn't there any space in downtown Ralston?
cdub
Parks & Recreation

Post by cdub »

Brad wrote:
Filthy McNasty wrote:An update: "Just came back from the Ralston City Council meeting tonight. Found out that the new hotel that was going in next to the Ralston Arena and the Ralston American Legion Post 373 was going to move inside.
There are still 2 lots left in front of the new menards.  Probably really high dollar, but they would be int he city.  Isn't there any space in downtown Ralston?
Menards is in Omaha.
Filthy McNasty
New to the Neighborhood

Post by Filthy McNasty »

Another update: From the Ralston Recorder...."The Ralston Arena will soon partner with a 100-room Hampton Inn hotel.

J.F. Carter, a partner with CFM Commercial Real Estate, told the Ralston City Council Tuesday night that the four-story hotel will be built at Independence Drive and Q Street directly southeast of the arena.

The hotel will be equipped with a swimming pool and 84 parking spaces.

It will be twinned, directly to the north, with an approximately 5,000 square-foot to 7,000 square-foot retail area, which Carter said he expects will be primarily a restaurant.

“In our opinion the hotel is the next step in the development of the Ralston Arena,” Carter told council members.

He said the hotel will cost about $10 million to build, and is scheduled for a March 1, 2014, opening."
RalstonGuy

Corrections ....

Post by RalstonGuy »

Hello, I'm an employee at the Ralston Arena so let's set a few things straight ..

1) We are NOT adding a third sheet of ice, there would be no room for it.

2) YES we are planning a 100 room hotel on the SOUTH side of the building.

3) Yes the Legion is planning to be moved to the basement of the new hotel space.

Always best to check with a legitimate source before posting about it online, starts a lot of rumors and publicity about things you don't know and are wrong about. Just gets old when the press continuously call with rumors that were started online.
S33
County Board

Re: Corrections ....

Post by S33 »

RalstonGuy wrote: Always best to check with a legitimate source before posting about it online, starts a lot of rumors and publicity about things you don't know and are wrong about. Just gets old when the press continuously call with rumors that were started online.
It's a public forum, consisting of open discussion and a lot of speculation. Considering all the other existing or under-construciton arena projects in the area, just be happy Ralston is even being discussed.

Thanks for the info, but spare us the lecture. Thanks.
Greg S
City Council

Post by Greg S »

RalstonGuy wrote:Hello, I'm an employee at the Ralston Arena so let's set a few things straight ..

1) We are NOT adding a third sheet of ice, there would be no room for it.

2) YES we are planning a 100 room hotel on the SOUTH side of the building.

3) Yes the Legion is planning to be moved to the basement of the new hotel space.

Always best to check with a legitimate source before posting about it online, starts a lot of rumors and publicity about things you don't know and are wrong about. Just gets old when the press continuously call with rumors that were started online.
When does the store open that's by the practice rink?  Is it sports equipment or more fan type of stuff?

Greg

Post by Guest »

The shop was supposed to be open a while ago, but has been delayed, probably owner funding.  It is owned by the guy who now owns the beef and the husker fan shop on 84th street near the interstate.  Not expecting much if it is like that store, a lot of low quality shirts and stuff, majorly over priced and then conveniently having a one day only 20% off sale every day...

Post by Guest »

RalstonGuy wrote:
Just gets old when the press continuously call with rumors that were started online.

That's how world war I I got started.
Linkin5
County Board

Post by Linkin5 »

So if I follow correctly, there will be a third sheet of ice.
MadMartin8
Planning Board

Post by MadMartin8 »

Linkin5 wrote:So if I follow correctly, there will be a third sheet of ice.

Yes, and then and fourth and fifth one in 2 years. Also, a Macy's and a theme park will open INSIDE the Arena in about a year and a half.

Don't tell anyone, though....except for the press. They'll follow up with the proper arena authorities.
No posts exist for this topic
Greg S
City Council

Post by Greg S »

MadMartin8 wrote:

Yes, and then and fourth and fifth one in 2 years. Also, a Macy's and a theme park will open INSIDE the Arena in about a year and a half.

Don't tell anyone, though....except for the press. They'll follow up with the proper arena authorities.
I also heard IKEA is testing a new format store at Ralston.  Plus everything's going veritical.  They are going to put offices above all of this, then housing (a mix of apartments and condo's) above the offices.  It's going to be "smart" development. something everybody on this board can get excited about.

Greg
Greg S
City Council

Post by Greg S »

Anonymous wrote:The shop was supposed to be open a while ago, but has been delayed, probably owner funding.  It is owned by the guy who now owns the beef and the husker fan shop on 84th street near the interstate.  Not expecting much if it is like that store, a lot of low quality shirts and stuff, majorly over priced and then conveniently having a one day only 20% off sale every day...

I think that's the same guy that owns the Dugout down by TD Ameritrade Park.

Greg

Post by Guest »

At Ralston Guy is this Ikea rumor true? I'm going to have the press call you non stop to confirm.

Thanks
NovakOmaha
Planning Board

Post by NovakOmaha »

Is it just a rumor that the whole thing will be connected by light rail and a Venice-style canal?  I overheard people talking about it at dinner last night in Miami.  Then I drove home to Detroit that night and heard Glenn Beck talking about it.

Post by Guest »

NovakOmaha wrote:Is it just a rumor that the whole thing will be connected by light rail and a Venice-style canal?  I overheard people talking about it at dinner last night in Miami.  Then I drove home to Detroit that night and heard Glenn Beck talking about it.
So that's why there was a construction cone on the Keystone trail last week.
jessep28
Planning Board

Post by jessep28 »

I think they need to be proactive and address potential future parking shortages.
Verbum Domini Manet in Aeternum
MadMartin8
Planning Board

Post by MadMartin8 »

Greg S wrote:
MadMartin8 wrote:

I also heard IKEA is testing a new format store at Ralston.  Plus everything's going veritical.  They are going to put offices above all of this, then housing (a mix of apartments and condo's) above the offices.  It's going to be "smart" development. something everybody on this board can get excited about.

Greg

I heard the IKEA will be inside the Macy's which is inside the arena. Also, the arena is going to be adding floors, I'm hearing 40 stories. There will be 600 apartments in this structure at about 1.3 million a piece.

Also, there will be ground floor retail and zero surface parking. Infact, zero parking at all.
No posts exist for this topic