new bakers

Have an inside scoop? Word on a new retailer or restaurant? Share it here!

Moderators: Coyote, nebugeater, Brad, Omaha Cowboy, BRoss

randallflagg2012
New to the Neighborhood

new bakers

Post by randallflagg2012 »

Any news
Last edited by randallflagg2012 on Thu Sep 26, 2013 2:39 pm, edited 2 times in total.
jessep28
Planning Board

Post by jessep28 »

Not that I'm aware of. Don't they own a lot at Southport in LaVista?
Verbum Domini Manet in Aeternum
Brad
City Council

Post by Brad »

jessep28 wrote:Not that I'm aware of. Don't they own a lot at Southport in LaVista?
Not last time I checked.

Post by Guest »

Brad wrote:
jessep28 wrote:Not that I'm aware of. Don't they own a lot at Southport in LaVista?
Not last time I checked.
It isn't owned by Baker's but by a Kroger subsidiary. They also purchased land near Walmart on Blair High. Baker's on 90th & Fort had been slated for a remodel in 2012 but it was cancelled.  No official reason, but it's a good guess they're going to close Plaza North when they build new.  

FWIW, Kroger is investing $200M in 2014 to opening new stores/remodels and another $400M in 2015. They do like the Omaha market and are looking to expand.  I've heard as many as 3-5 new Baker's in the Omaha area in the coming years.

Yes. I work for Baker's.  Week before last they had a HUGE meeting in Kentucky -- every Store Director in the Kroger Enterprise attended (some 4000+).  New stores/remodeling of older stores was a hot topic and the SD's were encouraged to bring that information back to the stores to share with associates.
ladyred
Home Owners Association

Post by ladyred »

I have to say they did a very nice job on the Bakers at 72nd and Military. I had stopped going in there but with the new remodel have began to go there more often now.
Patty Beeken
MDS Coordinator Eastern Nebraska Veteran's Home
Serving America's Heroes

There is no time limit to solving a mystery
url=http://postimage.org/]Image[/url]
bbinks
Parks & Recreation

Post by bbinks »

Anonymous wrote:  
It isn't owned by Baker's but by a Kroger subsidiary. They also purchased land near Walmart on Blair High. Baker's on 90th & Fort had been slated for a remodel in 2012 but it was cancelled.  No official reason, but it's a good guess they're going to close Plaza North when they build new.  

FWIW, Kroger is investing $200M in 2014 to opening new stores/remodels and another $400M in 2015. They do like the Omaha market and are looking to expand.  I've heard as many as 3-5 new Baker's in the Omaha area in the coming years.

Yes. I work for Baker's.  Week before last they had a HUGE meeting in Kentucky -- every Store Director in the Kroger Enterprise attended (some 4000+).  New stores/remodeling of older stores was a hot topic and the SD's were encouraged to bring that information back to the stores to share with associates.

There is some survey stakes on a corner lot across the street from the Blair Highway Walmart. ( 9815 Redick Ave.). Too small for a Baker's.  Nothing listed as far a permits yet, just a zoning application for the adjacent lot (9717 Redick),  of the same owner.   Unless the 2 lots will be combined, then a new store would fit.

There is a larger plat behind it that is still owned by a church.
guitarguy
Parks & Recreation

Post by guitarguy »

Looks like that land will finally be filled in.. I remember when there was nothing over there so its amazing to see the potential for a new Bakers ( which I think will do very well ) and maybe another business building new.