Ted and Wally's

Have an inside scoop? Word on a new retailer or restaurant? Share it here!

Moderators: Coyote, nebugeater, Brad, Omaha Cowboy, BRoss

justnick
Human Relations

Ted and Wally's

Post by justnick »

second Ted and Wally's in Benson?
rumour I heard yesterday, seems pretty feasible when you try to name an ice cream shop in Benson and can't.
Brad
City Council

Re: Ted and Wally's

Post by Brad »

justnick wrote:second Ted and Wally's in Benson?
rumour I heard yesterday, seems pretty feasible when you try to name an ice cream shop in Benson and can't.
That was an internet rumor about a year ago.  Ted and Wally's said it false.  They said they only bought it for storage.  They were surprised by the reaction and said may be it was something to think about in the future.
Brad
City Council

Post by Brad »

Actually it wasn't even a year ago.

http://eomahaforums.com/phpBB/viewtopic ... ted+benson
Mira

Post by Mira »

The article in the OWH says they were not planning on opening a shop in the very near future & that he was currently using it for storage. The title of the article does not really reflect the content. The truth is he did buy it with the intention of opening a shop from the beginning, but being a small business owner without the bankroll to immediately open shop after the large investment of buying the building, knew it would take time to complete & was not ready to announce any plans until the project was farther along for obvious reasons. Unfortunately, how it came off in media made it sound like he was just buying it for a storage shed, but that was not what really happened.
Seth
Parks & Recreation

Post by Seth »

Mira wrote:The article in the OWH says they were not planning on opening a shop in the very near future & that he was currently using it for storage. The title of the article does not really reflect the content. The truth is he did buy it with the intention of opening a shop from the beginning, but being a small business owner without the bankroll to immediately open shop after the large investment of buying the building, knew it would take time to complete & was not ready to announce any plans until the project was farther along for obvious reasons. Unfortunately, how it came off in media made it sound like he was just buying it for a storage shed, but that was not what really happened.
Yeah, I had to wonder how much offsite storage space an ice cream shop would need. I can't imagine they need a warehouse for their stock of sugar and cones...

I think Ted and Wallys would do extremely well in Benson. If my experience is any indication, ice cream is a fantastic idea after a night out at the bars in the summer.
MSizlack
Home Owners Association

Post by MSizlack »

It will be 2016 when they open in Benson.
Linkin5
County Board

Post by Linkin5 »

MSizlack wrote:It will be 2016 when they open in Benson.
Do you know something or is that your thought? I would love if they opened a spot, they would be very successful.

Post by Guest »

Family member of the owners metioned their plan to open in Benson is 2016.
Coyote
City Council

Post by Coyote »

And what about the Ted & Wally's in the new Westroads Food Court...
Greg S
City Council

Post by Greg S »

Coyote wrote:And what about the Ted & Wally's in the new Westroads Food Court...

Really? That seems like an odd match.

Greg
Coyote
City Council

Post by Coyote »

Greg S wrote:
Coyote wrote:And what about the Ted & Wally's in the new Westroads Food Court...
Really? That seems like an odd match.
I believe it will be a part of the Aromas/Bliss Bakery/ T&W section...
Greg S
City Council

Post by Greg S »

Cuppycakes at 143rd and Fort is now advertising that they are now serving Ted and Wally's ice cream.

Greg