New Downtown HQ

Have an inside scoop? Word on a new retailer or restaurant? Share it here!

Moderators: Coyote, nebugeater, Brad, Omaha Cowboy, BRoss

skinzfan23
City Council

Re: New Downtown HQ

Post by skinzfan23 »

I am hoping the same. I really love the location downtown adjacent to the Old Market. Also having free parking in the covered garage above Roja that you can use 24/7 doesn't hurt.
nebugeater
City Council

Post by nebugeater »

Bet there is a good chance this is floated out there to aid in there side of negotiations for renewing where they are at.
For the record  NEBUGEATER does not equal BUGEATER    !!!!!!!
iamjacobm
City Council

Post by iamjacobm »

If anything we have one leaving.

http://m.omaha.com/article/20140313/MON ... =mobileart" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
RNcyanide
Planning Board

Post by RNcyanide »

I think it's dead for the most part. I'm pretty sure she was banking on Ardent locating here, but that all fell through.
When fortune smiles on something as violent and ugly as revenge, it seems proof like no other that not only does God exist, you're doing his will.

The Bride
iamjacobm
City Council

Post by iamjacobm »

http://www.9news.com/story/money/busine ... s/9375839/
The partners behind the proposed $4 billion Ardent Mills flour-milling venture say they have satisfied federal antitrust concerns, and are planning to begin operations about May 29.

The partners also said they will open a headquarters in downtown Denver later this year and satellite offices in Omaha and Minneapolis.
I assume the satellite offices would just be a small holdover from the current operations from ConAgra?
NovakOmaha
Planning Board

Post by NovakOmaha »

Denver being the hub of flour milling in the U.S.? I could have seen Omaha, St. Louis, KC or MSP. I suppose someone's brother in law has office space he couldn't give away. That or someone owed a favor.
Louie
County Board

Post by Louie »

Maybe not the right thread, but would ConAgra ever build up on their current land? Any clue how full their offices are?
iamjacobm
City Council

Post by iamjacobm »

Well with Gavilon leaving space on their campus and the new Ardent Mills company pulling jobs out of their campus to downtown Denver I would expect they have space to grow in their current footprint. Also with their purchase of Ralcorp looking less rosy than expected I don't think they will be building anytime soon.

In theory they could expand out to their surface lots though if they ever did need the extra space.
Trips
Library Board

Post by Trips »

I believe that they are in the process of moving everyone to their main campus. They no longer need room at their other locations around town such as the grocery store on 90th and Fort.
iamjacobm
City Council

Post by iamjacobm »

Interesting I didn't even know they had jobs in an old grocery store.
hughes
New to the Neighborhood

Post by hughes »

next to the baker's, First Data had it before them, I actually don't know what the retail store there originally was
NEDodger
Parks & Recreation

Post by NEDodger »

hughes wrote:next to the baker's, First Data had it before them, I actually don't know what the retail store there originally was
Richman Gordman