801 FISH

Have an inside scoop? Word on a new retailer or restaurant? Share it here!

Moderators: Coyote, nebugeater, Brad, Omaha Cowboy, BRoss

Coyote
City Council

801 FISH

Post by Coyote »

Part of the 801 Restaurant Group: 801 FISH is rumored to be coming to Omaha.

801 Chophouse owner plans seafood restaurant in Leawood’s Park Place
Brenna Hawley: Reporter-Kansas City Business Journal wrote:Lynch also is looking at opening 801 Fish in Des Moines and Omaha, but the Leawood restaurant will be the first.
Brad
City Council

Re: 801 FISH

Post by Brad »

Word on the street is that they are trying hard to get the Ingredient location at One Pacific Place.
Coyote
City Council

Post by Coyote »

Brad wrote:Word on the street is that they are trying hard to get the Ingredient location at One Pacific Place.
One Pacific Place is also what I heard.
Brad
City Council

Post by Brad »

We talked about it when I was at Pig and Finch last week. They want all their brands in all their markets.

I told Trenton and Jeff so they could use it on the show this morning, but I guess I forgot to post it on here.
nativeomahan
County Board

Post by nativeomahan »

Getting rid of Ingredient would be a blessing. But does anyone realize the irony if that happens?
The very first restaurant to occupy the Ingredient location was L&M Seafood Grill. It was wildly popular when it first opened, especially for their Sunday brunch. I have lost count of how many restaurants have come and gone in that space since then.
43county

Post by 43county »

Ingredient at One Pacific Place 'closed for remodeling'.
Coyote
City Council

Post by Coyote »

43county wrote:Ingredient at One Pacific Place 'closed for remodeling'.
I think they have been closed for remodeling since the beginning of August.
43county

Post by 43county »

Coyote wrote:
43county wrote:Ingredient at One Pacific Place 'closed for remodeling'.
I think they have been closed for remodeling since the beginning of August.
Must be an extensive remodel.
bigredmed
Parks & Recreation

Post by bigredmed »

Hope they finally find the money to make the place quieter. The metal ceiling tiles were rough on the ears.
TitosBuritoBarn
Planning Board

Post by TitosBuritoBarn »

nativeomahan wrote:Getting rid of Ingredient would be a blessing.
What makes you say that? I've always thought Ingredient was delicious.
"Video game violence is not a new problem. Who could forget in the wake of SimCity how children everywhere took up urban planning." - Stephen Colbert
schumatt
Home Owners Association

Post by schumatt »

TitosBuritoBarn wrote:
Ingredient is delicious. The One Pacific Place location is horrible though; Midtown Crossing and other locations outside Omaha are much better. Food quality and service at OPP have been very disappointing the times I've been there.
bbinks
Parks & Recreation

Post by bbinks »

nativeomahan wrote:Getting rid of Ingredient would be a blessing.  But does anyone realize the irony if that happens?
The very first restaurant to occupy the Ingredient location was L&M Seafood Grill.  It was wildly popular when it first opened, especially for their Sunday brunch.  I have lost count of how many restaurants have come and gone in that space since then.
Didn't L&N leave then come back to that spot? I recall it that way at least.
nativeomahan
County Board

Post by nativeomahan »

bbinks wrote:
nativeomahan wrote:Getting rid of Ingredient would be a blessing.  But does anyone realize the irony if that happens?
The very first restaurant to occupy the Ingredient location was L&M Seafood Grill.  It was wildly popular when it first opened, especially for their Sunday brunch.  I have lost count of how many restaurants have come and gone in that space since then.
Didn't L&N leave then come back to that spot?  I recall it that way at least.
Yes, and they failed miserably the second time around. When they pulled in their net the first time they alienated their customers, and when they tried coming back they discovered that their customer base had moved on. Sometimes you just can't go back again.
nativeomahan
County Board

Post by nativeomahan »

TitosBuritoBarn wrote:
Oh, God, where to begin? The inane giant menu boards up on the wall when you first came inside the door. You had to crane your neck skyward to read them, like you were sitting in the first row of a movie theater. And then you had to memorize what was on them so when you finally got up to the counter to order you could remember just what three of 25 possible ingredients you wanted in that omelet. Then there was the coffee. A joke. And no cream or sugar options. And no coffee stirs. Time after time after time. Then the counter staff wouldn't let anyone in your group pay until everyone in your party got through the line to order. We once waited 45 minutes for an English muffin, all while watching the staff back in the kitchen snapping towels at each other. Need I go on?
Last edited by nativeomahan on Wed Aug 13, 2014 9:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
nativeomahan
County Board

Post by nativeomahan »

The corporate website has removed all mention of the One Pacific Place store. Their Facebook page admits there is no schedule for initiating or completion of any "renovations". Kiss it goodbye.
Last edited by nativeomahan on Wed Aug 13, 2014 9:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Coyote
City Council

Post by Coyote »

Ingredient Restaurants Omaha wrote:Mark, Thank You for your interest in Ingredient Restaurant. We currently do not have an estimated time that renovations will take. We are trying to get everything right so that we can provide our guest with the best experience and service as possible. Please stay tuned via email and social media.
Seth
Parks & Recreation

Post by Seth »

nativeomahan wrote:The corporate website has removed all mention of the One Pacific Place store.  Their Facebook page admits there is no schedule for initiating or completion of any "renovations".  Kiss it goodbye.
Why do businesses do this? Are they genuinely undecided about their plans, or do they have some strange notion that keeping it open-ended will improve future business prospects?
BRoss
IT Director

Post by BRoss »

our guest
So they only plan on having one?
Coyote
City Council

Post by Coyote »

So does anyone know anything for sure right now? Are they still trying to open an 801 Fish in the Omaha Market? Have they abandoned 1PP from their wish list? Where might they be looking now?

Post by Guest »

Coyote wrote:So does anyone know anything for sure right now? Are they still trying to open an 801 Fish in the Omaha Market? Have they abandoned 1PP from their wish list? Where might they be looking now?
A taqueria is opening in the old Ingredient location at OPP.
Brad
City Council

Post by Brad »

Guest wrote:
Coyote wrote:So does anyone know anything for sure right now? Are they still trying to open an 801 Fish in the Omaha Market? Have they abandoned 1PP from their wish list? Where might they be looking now?
A taqueria is opening in the old Ingredient location at OPP.
Over Here:
http://www.eomahaforums.com/viewtopic.p ... 4&start=40