Two rumors

Have an inside scoop? Word on a new retailer or restaurant? Share it here!

Moderators: Coyote, nebugeater, Brad, Omaha Cowboy, BRoss

iamjacobm
City Council

Two rumors

Post by iamjacobm »

Can't get too specific for a number of reasons, but heard some info tonight.

4 story building with a Scooter's drive thru on the south side of Dodge in the Dundee area. Should really change the massing along the street.

A building DT along Jackson is also looking to add ~30 units by way of a 3-5 story vertical addition.
daveoma
Parks & Recreation

Re: Two rumors

Post by daveoma »

I can't think of any obvious buildings on Jackson, but maybe the old one storeys on the north side of the street between 12th & 11th? Or perhaps the Fremont building on the southeast corner of 12th & Jackson?

I heard that a developer that bought the building that housed DC's on 14th & Jackson wants to eventually buy the north side of the block and build a new building. They will have to buy the Max and demolish the block.
HskrFanMike
Parks & Recreation

Post by HskrFanMike »

iamjacobm wrote:Can't get too specific for a number of reasons, but heard some info tonight.

4 story building with a Scooter's drive thru on the south side of Dodge in the Dundee area. Should really change the massing along the street.
I struggled with thinking where this would go until I realized the old Sinclair/Young Kim station. That would be a huge upgrade for the area.
Linkin5
County Board

Post by Linkin5 »

HskrFanMike wrote:
iamjacobm wrote:Can't get too specific for a number of reasons, but heard some info tonight.

I struggled with thinking where this would go until I realized the old Sinclair/Young Kim station. That would be a huge upgrade for the area.
Or right across the street there is a large surface lot.
MTO
City Council

Post by MTO »

A Scooters near me that'll make a killing mostly from my patronage. I can think of a few necrotic properties that need something like this.
15-17, 26, 32
Louie
County Board

Post by Louie »

MTO wrote:A Scooters near me that'll make a killing mostly from my patronage. I can think of a few necrotic properties that need something like this.
They obviously did their market research then, huh?
MTO
City Council

Post by MTO »

Louie wrote:
MTO wrote:A Scooters near me that'll make a killing mostly from my patronage. I can think of a few necrotic properties that need something like this.
They obviously did their market research then, huh?
Indeed and super glad it may be a Scooters not Starbux.
15-17, 26, 32
HskrFanMike
Parks & Recreation

Post by HskrFanMike »

Linkin5 wrote:
HskrFanMike wrote:

Or right across the street there is a large surface lot.
You aren't building a coffeehouse on the NORTH side of Dodge, unless you don't want any business from people driving to work.

Post by Guest »

Transmission Shop on SE corner of 49th & Dodge had Business Closed sign in window this morning. Building and lot completely empty.
iamjacobm
City Council

Post by iamjacobm »

Guest wrote:Transmission Shop on SE corner of 49th & Dodge had Business Closed sign in window this morning. Building and lot completely empty.
Its moving forward for sure.
MTO
City Council

Post by MTO »

iamjacobm wrote:
Guest wrote:Transmission Shop on SE corner of 49th & Dodge had Business Closed sign in window this morning. Building and lot completely empty.
Its moving forward for sure.
To what?
15-17, 26, 32
iamjacobm
City Council

Post by iamjacobm »

Check the op.
MTO
City Council

Post by MTO »

iamjacobm wrote:Check the op.
To which rumor?

And they were surveying In front of the old transmission shop just now.
15-17, 26, 32
riceweb
Library Board

Post by riceweb »

FYI, Sage Capital posted about this on their Facebook page.
Sage Capital has acquired the hard corner of South East Corner 49th of Dodge along with surrounding parcels. We are excited to be part of the Dundee neighborhood, stay tuned for project details...