Omaha Population Explosion

Have an inside scoop? Word on a new retailer or restaurant? Share it here!

Moderators: Coyote, nebugeater, Brad, Omaha Cowboy, BRoss

Athomsfere
Planning Board

Re: Omaha Population Explosion

Post by Athomsfere »

Joe_Sovereign wrote:There is no normal reason the Omaha would grow in some radical way. That is why I answered the question of what could cause a population explosion with a farfetched answer of 200,000 refugees.
There are only two scenarios I can imagine that could cause it and both are incredibly far fetched.
One would be mass migration due to some natural or man made disaster although why Omaha would become the sole destination I don't know.
The second scenario would be some kind of technologic or cultural revolution centered on Omaha. Radical world changing technology invented by an Omaha company whose monopoly on such a wonder product allowed it to draw workers and related businesses to Omaha rather than the Company having to move it's production or other facilities to more competitive areas. A cultural phenomenon such as a brand new massively popular music genre emerging from Omaha or a massively popular new religion or religious leader headquartered in Omaha could lead to a population explosion.
They all seem very unlikely and they are extremely hard to predict.
Late on this one. This was essentially my take as well. But a few strange conversations with random people made me wonder if I had missed something.