ConAgra sale number 2 upcoming

Have an inside scoop? Word on a new retailer or restaurant? Share it here!

Moderators: Coyote, nebugeater, Brad, Omaha Cowboy, BRoss

ConAgra sale number 2 upcoming

Post by Guest »

Rumor is with the private business being sold, the new CEO is wasting no time in putting the commercial arm of the business on the block. In six more months, 2/3 of Conagra will be gone. With just one part of the business left, should make it easy for him to sell that off and take his mid 8 figure payday and flip off tens of thousands of people whose lives are turned upside down.
RNcyanide
Planning Board

Re: ConAgra sale number 2 upcoming

Post by RNcyanide »

Guest wrote:Rumor is with the private business being sold, the new CEO is wasting no time in putting the commercial arm of the business on the block. In six more months, 2/3 of Conagra will be gone. With just one part of the business left, should make it easy for him to sell that off and take his mid 8 figure payday and flip off tens of thousands of people whose lives are turned upside down.
I'm more inclined to believe you this time...
When fortune smiles on something as violent and ugly as revenge, it seems proof like no other that not only does God exist, you're doing his will.

The Bride

Post by Guest »

Just baseless speculation here, but could at some point the liquidation of ConAgra be a potential opportunity. In other words, could some part of the company that Chicago guy recently moved be sold to another party who then returns it to Omaha because that is where there is an existing skilled workforce for the industry (i.e. the former ConAgra employees)? Kind of like how Northern Natural Gas eventually reemerged from the rubble of Enron. No insider knowledge. Just thinking out loud.
bigredmed
Parks & Recreation

Post by bigredmed »

Guest wrote:Just baseless speculation here, but could at some point the liquidation of ConAgra be a potential opportunity. In other words, could some part of the company that Chicago guy recently moved be sold to another party who then returns it to Omaha because that is where there is an existing skilled workforce for the industry (i.e. the former ConAgra employees)? Kind of like how Northern Natural Gas eventually reemerged from the rubble of Enron. No insider knowledge. Just thinking out loud.
Possible. Not sure the odds favor it. The difference is that NNG was still a thing when Enron blew up. All they had to do was wade through the paper to reform the remaining assets back into NNG. CAG will be gone. Much of the rebuildable parts will be gone or chopped apart in the sale process. If I was a CAG employee and got RIFd, I would be well set in my new job when they tried to reform. Noone will be likely to go back once they get a new job, so either you would have to offer me a long term deal with a lot more money than my new job, or you would have to find someone else unless my new job was terrible.

Post by Guest »

If this is a tax free deal, how does the company realize the tax asset from the ralcorp sale?
Brad
City Council

Post by Brad »

ConAgra Foods to split into 2 independent companies

http://www.omaha.com/money/conagra-food ... 85801.html
Barbara Soderlin / World-Herald staff writer wrote:ConAgra Foods will split into two independent public companies, Chief Executive Sean Connolly announced Wednesday morning, saying ConAgra will spin off its Lamb Weston frozen potato business and operate its consumer foods business as ConAgra Brands.
bigredmed
Parks & Recreation

Post by bigredmed »

Interesting.
Joe_Sovereign
Library Board

Post by Joe_Sovereign »

The disintegration of ConAgra and looks like soon Cabela's are huge blows to the Nebraska economy.