Flagship Commons Chicago

Have an inside scoop? Word on a new retailer or restaurant? Share it here!

Moderators: Coyote, nebugeater, Brad, Omaha Cowboy, BRoss

ChicagoOmaha

Flagship Commons Chicago

Post by ChicagoOmaha »

Heard Flagship Commons has a contract to put the same concept in a mall in Chicago.
MTO
City Council

Re: Flagship Commons Chicago

Post by MTO »

So is this flagship commons a franchise type thing now?
15-17, 26, 32
daveoma
Parks & Recreation

Post by daveoma »

That would be awesome if it was to become a franchise! It's great to see innovative ideas starting in Omaha spreading elsewhere. This means that at least regionally (Midwest) we are making a cultural impact (albeit in the realm of the culinary arts).
RNcyanide
Planning Board

Post by RNcyanide »

You mean a place like Chicago doesn't have one of these already? Sweet Jesus!
When fortune smiles on something as violent and ugly as revenge, it seems proof like no other that not only does God exist, you're doing his will.

The Bride
Omaha_corn_burner
Human Relations

Post by Omaha_corn_burner »

I think maybe people are confused on the whole "Flagship" thing. Flagship Commons is a food court ("hall") owned/operated by Flagship Restaurant Group. They own/operate many different restaurants around Omaha. Here are their restaurants: http://flagshiprestaurantgroup.com/about

You can see they have locations in Texas, Colorado and Nebraska. They also have locations opening in Kansas and Illinois soon. In my opinion, the expansion to Chicago doesn't seem odd at all.

Also Chicago has many food courts. I don't know why RNcyanide would think they don't. It is a much bigger city than Omaha.
MTO
City Council

Post by MTO »

Pretty sure RNcyanide wasn't saying that.
15-17, 26, 32
RNcyanide
Planning Board

Post by RNcyanide »

Omaha_corn_burner wrote: I don't know why RNcyanide would think they don't. It is a much bigger city than Omaha.
:lol:
When fortune smiles on something as violent and ugly as revenge, it seems proof like no other that not only does God exist, you're doing his will.

The Bride
winks

Post by winks »

So, a heard from a birdie at flagship that they were pursuing locations in specific markets to duplicate their flagship commons concept in. Chicago, KC, Denver, and Madison, WI specifically, but recenting a contract for leasing in a Chicago mall fell through. I know they are planning to build another Commons by 2017.
iamjacobm
City Council

Post by iamjacobm »

Didn't feel like it needed its own thread, but it looks like Flagship rolled out a new concept called "Anthem" in Austin. As far as I can tell this is their first time not debuting in Omaha then spreading out.

Self described as "Tex-Asian." Menu looks interesting, I wonder if they will open one here.

https://eatdrinkanthem.com/
Coyote
City Council

Post by Coyote »

iamjacobm wrote: Mon Oct 08, 2018 3:23 pmSelf described as "Tex-Asian." Menu looks interesting, I wonder if they will open one here.
I wonder, but it sounds like they select their chefs and allow them to do their thing. I wonder if we have any chefs around here with that passion for Tex-Asian cuisine.
nativeomahan
County Board

Post by nativeomahan »

Japanese cuisine is hugely popular in Mexico. Many restaurants blend Latin and Asian themes on their menus.
OmahaJaysCU
Planning Board

Post by OmahaJaysCU »

Not sure if this isn't the right spot for this, but there is a rumor that the Con Agra redevelopment in downtown will include a Flagship Commons. It will overlook/interact with the newly designed park. Would be huge for downtown...
iamjacobm
City Council

Post by iamjacobm »

OmahaJaysCU wrote: Tue Oct 09, 2018 4:33 pm Not sure if this isn't the right spot for this, but there is a rumor that the Con Agra redevelopment in downtown will include a Flagship Commons. It will overlook/interact with the newly designed park. Would be huge for downtown...
Have a feeling that whole development is just going to be a step above anything downtown has seen in a long time. Hines is one of the most prolific developers in the country. Very deep pockets and tons of experience in large projects like this. Flagship Commons would be a great addition to DT and this development.
Louie
County Board

Post by Louie »

That would be incredible.
Ocean575

Post by Ocean575 »

Flag ship commons is not a forward trending idea. the food hall concepts are not doing well nationwude and from what Ive seen commons is not going to bode well against what places like chicago and dallas already have.

Post by Guest »

Ocean575 wrote: Thu Oct 11, 2018 8:27 am the food hall concepts are not doing well nationwude
It's just a food court. Changing the word to hall does not make it any more special.
Omaha Cowboy
The Don

Post by Omaha Cowboy »

iamjacobm wrote: Wed Oct 10, 2018 11:29 am
OmahaJaysCU wrote: Tue Oct 09, 2018 4:33 pm Not sure if this isn't the right spot for this, but there is a rumor that the Con Agra redevelopment in downtown will include a Flagship Commons. It will overlook/interact with the newly designed park. Would be huge for downtown...
Have a feeling that whole development is just going to be a step above anything downtown has seen in a long time. Hines is one of the most prolific developers in the country. Very deep pockets and tons of experience in large projects like this. Flagship Commons would be a great addition to DT and this development.
If this turns out to be true, I agree completely :thumb: ...

Ciao..LiO...Peace
Go Cowboys!