Think Building II

Have an inside scoop? Word on a new retailer or restaurant? Share it here!

Moderators: Coyote, nebugeater, Brad, Omaha Cowboy, BRoss

Coyote
City Council

Think Building II

Post by Coyote »

Just talked with one of the designers...
The next Think Building is going to break ground in April at "132nd and Pacific"... So I am presuming Sterling Ridge
RNcyanide
Planning Board

Re: Think Building II

Post by RNcyanide »

The original plan called for a 5 and 7 story building on 132nd. I wonder if this might be it. Or not. Who knows?
When fortune smiles on something as violent and ugly as revenge, it seems proof like no other that not only does God exist, you're doing his will.

The Bride
Coyote
City Council

Post by Coyote »

The next two cities to get a "Think Building" will be Seattle and Phoenix...
and did I hear 'Benson' - I don't know...
Al Buterol
Home Owners Association

Post by Al Buterol »

Wow, this really is too big to fail.

Pharmacists are leaving that place in droves to go back to their old jobs.
Should be interesting to see what happens.
Taco
Human Relations

Post by Taco »

Think in Benson would surely be scaled down right?
iamjacobm
City Council

Post by iamjacobm »

Coyote wrote:The next two cities to get a "Think Building" will be Seattle and Phoenix...
If they took the lot CVS bailed on that would be awesome.
RNcyanide
Planning Board

Post by RNcyanide »

That's interesting that the pharmacists are leaving... My boyfriend used to work as an MA at One World and he had a few patients that gave that place a try and didn't like it.
When fortune smiles on something as violent and ugly as revenge, it seems proof like no other that not only does God exist, you're doing his will.

The Bride
Greg S
City Council

Post by Greg S »

Wow I can't believe they are talking about a 2nd building so fast. Last time I talked to my Doctor (one of the originals from the start), he indicated they wanted take things slow to make sure they got all the kinks out before expanding.

Greg
MTO
City Council

Post by MTO »

Getting while the gettings a good.
15-17, 26, 32
Coyote
City Council

Post by Coyote »

Greg S wrote:Wow I can't believe they are talking about a 2nd building so fast. Last time I talked to my Doctor (one of the originals from the start), he indicated they wanted take things slow to make sure they got all the kinks out before expanding.
That was my impression also, I was surprised they were this far along...
iamjacobm
City Council

Post by iamjacobm »

Coyote wrote:
Greg S wrote:Wow I can't believe they are talking about a 2nd building so fast. Last time I talked to my Doctor (one of the originals from the start), he indicated they wanted take things slow to make sure they got all the kinks out before expanding.
Can't let someone come in a knock off the model and beat you to the punch. The push to get people out of hospitals if they don't need to be there is real. The short term success might not be a home run, but it can take more than 6 months to break habits.
Al Buterol
Home Owners Association

Post by Al Buterol »

iamjacobm wrote:
Coyote wrote:
Can't let someone come in a knock off the model and beat you to the punch. The push to get people out of hospitals if they don't need to be there is real. The short term success might not be a home run, but it can take more than 6 months to break habits.
But the model is already essentially out there. Plus THINK wanted all these providers to drive prescription business to THINK retail pharmacy, but in reality and that I have seen personally is people are much more loyal to their home pharmacy than to convenience.

Personally, I love the model and the idea...just didn't think they would be throwing up buildings while supposedly letting people go.
BRoss
IT Director

Post by BRoss »

Al Buterol wrote:people are much more loyal to their home pharmacy than to convenience.
I think the pharmacy part may be convenient for the initial fill (as long as they are not busy like a Walgreens and takes an hour to fill), but for refills, it's much more convenient to use the pharmacy near your home. I'm guessing that may be why they are having problems with people switching to there.
garyomaha
Home Owners Association

Post by garyomaha »

Greg S wrote:Wow I can't believe they are talking about a 2nd building so fast. Last time I talked to my Doctor (one of the originals from the start), he indicated they wanted take things slow to make sure they got all the kinks out before expanding. Greg

Speaking as a patient of Think since almost the day they opened (my doctor was also an original there), the kinks are not yet ironed out. They appear to have huge billing issues, if my billing is any indication. As a friend said, if they don't have their accounting in order, the whole company could collapse. From my experience so far, the accounting end is a real mess. We'll see.
NULawyer
New to the Neighborhood

Post by NULawyer »

I've heard nothing but bad things about Think. The business model is great but word is the management lacks acumen. Tons of Medicaid patients and they are losing money hardcore right now. If no one knew, Blue Cross Blue Shield of Nebraska is actually a shareholder in Think - they might even be the majority shareholder now - but they aren't really calling all the shots.
Too much of what is called 'education' is little more than an expensive isolation from reality.
Greg S
City Council

Post by Greg S »

The BCBS investment as a minority shareholder in Think was in the Omaha World Herald a while ago.

Greg
NULawyer
New to the Neighborhood

Post by NULawyer »

Was it? I didn't know. They shelled out more money to it recently too - not sure what the shareholder % are right now.
Too much of what is called 'education' is little more than an expensive isolation from reality.
RNcyanide
Planning Board

Post by RNcyanide »

I really like the idea they have going here. I hope they get their |expletive| straightened out and survive.

The Bride
Greg S
City Council

Post by Greg S »

As crazy as it seems that they are moving so fast on Think II (with still so many start up issues cropping up), the one thing I thought of is that the 2nd most likely will be significantly smaller because you won't have to replicate all the back office functions (like HR, billing/accounting, IT, etc).

Greg
Al Buterol
Home Owners Association

Post by Al Buterol »

Greg S wrote:As crazy as it seems that they are moving so fast on Think II (with still so many start up issues cropping up), the one thing I thought of is that the 2nd most likely will be significantly smaller because you won't have to replicate all the back office functions (like HR, billing/accounting, IT, etc).

Greg
So is it verified going in at Sterling Ridge?
Coyote
City Council

Post by Coyote »

Al Buterol wrote:So is it verified going in at Sterling Ridge?
No. I was told 132nd and Pacific, so I guessed there.
Coyote
City Council

Post by Coyote »

Coyote wrote:
Al Buterol wrote:So is it verified going in at Sterling Ridge?
No. I was told 132nd and Pacific, so I guessed there.
Ok, I confirmed it was Sterling Ridge today. It seems they are betting on the Tri-Faith Initiative not to work out and some of that land freeing up in this development. They keep saying there are many areas that still need working out in the original concept before they move on... A third local location was mentioned again, but it was dropped so fast in passing that I didn't catch it...
Greg S
City Council

Post by Greg S »

Good article on Think today. No mention of Think II, it does mention BCBS's investment and that they are still a minority owner.

http://www.livewellnebraska.com/health/ ... bfeab.html
choke
Human Relations

Post by choke »

Greg S wrote:Good article on Think today. No mention of Think II, it does mention BCBS's investment and that they are still a minority owner.

http://www.livewellnebraska.com/health/ ... bfeab.html

A lot of the doctors at Think had their own practice, small offices with a personal feel. Now, they practice out of this huge building with every aspect of health care under one roof. People are creatures of habit. Think may be too intimidating for the clientele the doctors brought with them. The concept is good though; charge by the symptom rather than by the procedure. Think is a customer of ours and I haven't heard of any plans to move forward with expansion in Omaha. Hopefully, Think can figure things out. It did help a lot of independent doctors that were feeling the squeeze from the big boys: CHI, Methodist, and UNMC.
garyomaha
Home Owners Association

Post by garyomaha »

It is a big, intimidating building. They even have staff at the front door to help you get where you're going. A friend and I share a primary care doctor, and the friend is from Council Bluffs. He thinks the whole building is too "West Omaha". Fancy everything. That part doesn't bother me per se, but because I've had so much trouble with the back office part of Think, I wonder if they didn't allocate their start-up funds as well as they could have. Time will tell.
Greg S
City Council

Post by Greg S »

Was there last Friday for my annual check up. I got to say, I have really grown to love the place. I did ask if there were any plans for a Think II and they said no, this will be the only one for the forseeable future.

Greg
Coyote
City Council

Post by Coyote »

Coyote wrote:The next two cities to get a "Think Building" will be Seattle and Phoenix...
Rumor now has them looking closer to Omaha with OK City and Kansas City as the next city targets.