Buffalo Wild Wings North Downtown

Have an inside scoop? Word on a new retailer or restaurant? Share it here!

Moderators: nebugeater, Coyote, Omaha Cowboy, Brad

SaveOmaha
Home Owners Association

Buffalo Wild Wings North Downtown

Postby SaveOmaha » Tue Jan 26, 2016 1:22 pm

Heard some rumors that they are going to The Yard somewhere. Can anyone confirm this, or does anyone know anymore info?

Linkin5
County Board

Re: Buffalo Wild Wings North Downtown

Postby Linkin5 » Tue Jan 26, 2016 2:01 pm

I have never heard this and hope it's not true.

MadMartin8
Planning Board

Postby MadMartin8 » Tue Jan 26, 2016 5:09 pm

Wouldn't surprise me. BWW and Buffalo Wings and rings, and other "Wing" related sports bars are basically staples around arenas.
No posts exist for this topic

RNcyanide
Planning Board

Postby RNcyanide » Tue Jan 26, 2016 5:30 pm

You know what? At this point, I don't care what goes down there. It could be a Hooters for all I care, as long as it brings people down there outside of game and event nights.
When fortune smiles on something as violent and ugly as revenge, it seems proof like no other that not only does God exist, you're doing his will.

The Bride

daveoma
Human Relations

Postby daveoma » Tue Jan 26, 2016 9:55 pm

Maybe in the future North Downtown will be mostly chain restaurants and the Old Market will have mostly local restaurants.

nebport5
Parks & Recreation

Postby nebport5 » Wed Jan 27, 2016 1:20 pm

daveoma wrote:Maybe in the future North Downtown will be mostly chain restaurants...

West Omaha?!
Vision is the art of seeing what is invisible to others. - Jonathan Swift

TitosBuritoBarn
Planning Board

Postby TitosBuritoBarn » Wed Jan 27, 2016 3:42 pm

RNcyanide wrote:You know what? At this point, I don't care what goes down there. It could be a Hooters for all I care, as long as it brings people down there outside of game and event nights.

Agreed. I'm all about local establishments, but this area needs some help in bringing in the people. BW3s are pretty good at that.
"Video game violence is not a new problem. Who could forget in the wake of SimCity how children everywhere took up urban planning." - Stephen Colbert

bigredmed
Parks & Recreation

Postby bigredmed » Wed Jan 27, 2016 4:50 pm

TitosBuritoBarn wrote:
RNcyanide wrote:You know what? At this point, I don't care what goes down there. It could be a Hooters for all I care, as long as it brings people down there outside of game and event nights.

Agreed. I'm all about local establishments, but this area needs some help in bringing in the people. BW3s are pretty good at that.

Let's throw some street lights in the mix. Went to Blatts a few times and felt creeped out. Just add one or two.

Bars are a diminishing asset to bring people in. Unless you are really different, you have resistance to go there. Long way from central Omaha, even a hike from MTC, Dundee, or North O. I don't go to bars there as there are plenty o bars west of there.

BWW is OK, but dated. Just not sure people would go there. A better idea might be a diner with a cool late night menu that could appeal to after opera, symphony, movie crowd. Hit up Alexander Payne to get a copy of the menu from the Virginia Cafe. We miss that kind of place downtown.

iamjacobm
City Council

Postby iamjacobm » Wed Jan 27, 2016 8:07 pm

Blatt, TSR, a place called Lefty' O'Toole's soon, The Matt, DJ's...

Sports bar overload, don't exactly want a BWW to be honest. BWW doesn't even stack up with DJ's, which isn't all that good anyways.

Coyote
City Council

Postby Coyote » Thu Feb 09, 2017 7:46 pm

BWW is going to close 10% of its (company owned) stores in markets it is not doing well, and is open to selling more... They will close around 60 of its 631 stores.

Return to “Rumors”