Development Woes - Bellevue

Have an inside scoop? Word on a new retailer or restaurant? Share it here!

Moderators: Coyote, nebugeater, Brad, Omaha Cowboy, BRoss

Linda-lurker

Development Woes - Bellevue

Post by Linda-lurker »

I see that this property was foreclosed and condemned, it has been a long time coming. What I don't understand is how the owner can build new projects while existing projects are in this state. Is there a new development in the works for this site? 12814 South 9th in Bellevue it was an 18 unit apartment complex.

2016/02/05 Photo Shows this property is condemed
2015/10/30 ownership transfered to Arun Agarwal (Park Plaza Real Estate Solutions L.L.C.)
see http://www.sarpy.com/rodlookup/deedsima ... 526927.pdf

jessep28
Planning Board

Re: Development Woes - Bellevue

Post by jessep28 »

Verbum Domini Manet in Aeternum
choke
Human Relations

Post by choke »

Linda-lurker wrote:I see that this property was foreclosed and condemned, it has been a long time coming. What I don't understand is how the owner can build new projects while existing projects are in this state. Is there a new development in the works for this site? 12814 South 9th in Bellevue it was an 18 unit apartment complex.

2015/10/30 ownership transfered to Arun Agarwal (Park Plaza Real Estate Solutions L.L.C.)

White Lotus owns the old Mr. C's property too. It's sitting there collecting dust as MMC moves forward with their expansion project. What a shame. I wonder if White Lotus is having issues?
Coyote
City Council

Post by Coyote »

Isn't White Lotus behind West Dodge Pointe also? That seems to have stalled lately...
c dub

Post by c dub »

choke wrote:
Linda-lurker wrote:I see that this property was foreclosed and condemned, it has been a long time coming. What I don't understand is how the owner can build new projects while existing projects are in this state. Is there a new development in the works for this site? 12814 South 9th in Bellevue it was an 18 unit apartment complex.

White Lotus owns the old Mr. C's property too. It's sitting there collecting dust as MMC moves forward with their expansion project. What a shame. I wonder if White Lotus is having issues?
No more than usual. They work on more projects than they complete. Not to say they don't complete some, however. They are also on 60th and Sorensen - and taking their time.
awsome

Post by awsome »

I think the Bellevue government was wise in its decision not to grant more time to the White Lotus developers. Arun Argawal and his people were aware of the problems with the property when they purchased it. If they intended to save the building they should have started immediately instead of ignoring the code violations.

Arun Argawal did a project on 31st and Dodge converting his current office location into condos. The city of Omaha code enforcement people were after them for years to install fire suppression systems and they ignored all notices. Instead of fixing the problem they sold the condos to unsuspecting individuals. When all the units were sold, the condo owners got slammed with huge fees to install the fire sprinklers or close the building. White Lotus completely ignored the safety issues and passed the costs to the buyers.

The former incorporation of White Lotus was Park Plaza properties. They owned and managed the now demolished Park Crest apartments which had a similar history of problems.

Given the history, the developers request for a 30 day extension was rightly denied. The owner’s question of “what’s the difference” should have been answered with the above. The Bellevue property is another fire trap and these people know it.
Uffda
County Board

Post by Uffda »

c dub wrote:
No more than usual. They work on more projects than they complete. Not to say they don't complete some, however. They are also on 60th and Sorensen - and taking their time.

Yeah nothing has happened there besides taking all the trees down and somewhat leveling the ground. :evil: