Miracle Hills Plaza (NW Corner 114 & Dodge)

West Omaha, Sarpy and Nebraska metro counties.

Moderators: Coyote, nebugeater, Brad, Omaha Cowboy, BRoss

Post by Guest »

Heard the vacant strip center in Miracle Hills is being acquired by a developer for a mixed use redevelopment with office and retail. I was told it would have an urban feel like AV, MTC, LaVista, etc.
Coyote
City Council

Re: Miracle Hills Plaza (NW Corner 114 & Dodge)

Post by Coyote »

Guest wrote:Heard the vacant strip center in Miracle Hills is being acquired by a developer for a mixed use redevelopment with office and retail. I was told it would have an urban feel like AV, MTC, LaVista, etc.
Interesting. I see that the old Cub Foods was purchased by Perkins Properties last August and the building to its east was just purchased by them in May.
114Dodge1.jpg
114Dodge1.jpg (140.35 KiB) Viewed 3832 times
daveoma
Parks & Recreation

Post by daveoma »

This would be a great place for a mixed use development IMO.
choke2

Post by choke2 »

Guest wrote:Heard the vacant strip center in Miracle Hills is being acquired by a developer for a mixed use redevelopment with office and retail. I was told it would have an urban feel like AV, MTC, LaVista, etc.

I buy medication for our cat at the Kohl's pharmacy at Miracle Hills. I mentioned how empty that side of Miracle Hills was on the west side. I was told pretty much the same thing.
iamjacobm
City Council

Post by iamjacobm »

That would be really interesting. There are a lot of offices and apartments in the area, it would be nice to have a "Downtown" for the area.

I best some office space there would go over pretty well. Right in the middle of the city.
bigredmed
Parks & Recreation

Post by bigredmed »

iamjacobm wrote:That would be really interesting. There are a lot of offices and apartments in the area, it would be nice to have a "Downtown" for the area.

I best some office space there would go over pretty well. Right in the middle of the city.
Would be great to get that area pumped back up.
iamjacobm
City Council

Post by iamjacobm »

bigredmed wrote:
iamjacobm wrote:That would be really interesting. There are a lot of offices and apartments in the area, it would be nice to have a "Downtown" for the area.

Would be great to get that area pumped back up.
Really been on a slide since the overpass opened.
Jason4225
Home Owners Association

Post by Jason4225 »

I talked to employees of one of the business that used to be located there a while back and they said the owner of the property lived in New York and didn't care about the businesses vacating. Despite the loss of traffic due to the expressway, it is still a highly trafficked area. All of the other corners of this intersection seem to be doing well. This would be a great draw for the area.
Brad
City Council

Post by Brad »

iamjacobm wrote:Really been on a slide since the overpass opened.
Crazy thing is, the shopping center on the east side of 114th and been nearly full the entire time and as soon as one business leaves, someone jumps right back in there. All the restaurants over there seem really busy too.

I wonder if its more of a management thing, because the areas south of dodge seem to stay consistently full too.
TitosBuritoBarn
Planning Board

Post by TitosBuritoBarn »

I know someone who works for World Group, whose offices are in that one story office building in front of the former Cub. They confirmed someone bought the property and intends to tear everything down and build "something."

World Group is moving into a space in the First National Business Park by Biaggi's.
"Video game violence is not a new problem. Who could forget in the wake of SimCity how children everywhere took up urban planning." - Stephen Colbert
garyomaha
Home Owners Association

Post by garyomaha »

The Miracle Hills Animal Hospital (NW of 114th & Dodge, north of First National, in the same strip mall as Kohll's Drug and others) is closing and services are moving elsewhere. We're told their lease is expiring along with other tenants in that strip mall and there will be demolition and new construction there. Got this from a reputable source but if it belongs under "Rumors" for now, please move it. I don't know if this goes all the way back to where the grocery store used to be, includes out-buildings, etc. No doubt one of you knows all about it.
Coyote
City Council

Post by Coyote »

This is not a rumor, there is a thread about this somewhere, I can't find it on my phone though...
Brad
City Council

Post by Brad »

Coyote wrote:This is not a rumor, there is a thread about this somewhere, I can't find it on my phone though...
I agree. I think they might have talked about it on the Grow Omaha Radio Show last year too.
Coyote
City Council

Post by Coyote »

Merged to Existing Topic
garyomaha
Home Owners Association

Post by garyomaha »

Thanks for the follow-up. The dogs won't be too happy that they have to go somewhere else, but it sounds like a good deal for the peoples.
OverlookedFarm
Home Owners Association

Post by OverlookedFarm »

I noticed boston market is boarded up now. All our kfc gravy will now be pure and uncut.

Does anybody know/get/understand the rush street market thing?

This area would be prime for tower condo units to drive more traffic to sandwich-shop row that caters to thebusiness crowd
Desmoire
New to the Neighborhood

Post by Desmoire »

My wife and I picked up togo from Cilantros off 114th and dodge. I noticed very quickly that this strip mall is completely dead. I remember when I was younger (around 2011) this place wasn't too bad and we used to see blazing pianos at DJ's. Now it is basically dead. Anyone know why? I bet this location was buzzing in the 80s and 90s.
Coyote
City Council

Post by Coyote »

There is a thread on here somewhere of new development coming to this area, so Cubs Foods and bays south of that will be gone soon, that is why those stores are vacant ready to be torn down.

EDIT: Threads Merged