Apartments on Pacific between 48th & Saddle Creek

Downtown, Midtown, and all parts east of 72nd.

Moderators: Coyote, Omaha Cowboy, Brad, nebugeater

hatwate
Home Owners Association
Posts: 159
Joined: Wed Sep 10, 2014 7:25 pm
Location: Aksarben Village

Apartments on Pacific between 48th & Saddle Creek

Postby hatwate » Thu Nov 17, 2016 4:30 pm

A neighbor mentioned today that apartments are going to be built on Pacific between 48th St. and Saddle Creek. Does anyone know anything about that? I know there was some discussion about that area a year or so ago, but I don't know what thread that was on.

Lillian Bean
Home Owners Association
Posts: 61
Joined: Wed Apr 02, 2014 9:52 am
Location: Omaha

Re: apartments on pacific between 48th & Saddle Creek

Postby Lillian Bean » Fri Nov 18, 2016 9:28 am

hatwate wrote:A neighbor mentioned today that apartments are going to be built on Pacific between 48th St. and Saddle Creek. Does anyone know anything about that? I know there was some discussion about that area a year or so ago, but I don't know what thread that was on.


I don't know anything, but Bluestone Development has purchased over 2 acres worth of various properties right there suggesting that something will happen eventually. The homes are still occupied so it may be a little while.
Thinking there's not a whole lot to say anymore now that people listen & she has to make sense.

User avatar
Brad
City Council
Posts: 28557
Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2004 6:03 pm
Location: Omaha, NE
Contact:

Re: apartments on pacific between 48th & Saddle Creek

Postby Brad » Fri Nov 18, 2016 9:40 am

Looks like "SADDLECREEK 1011 LLC" owns all these lots:
saddlecreek.JPG
saddlecreek.JPG (199.93 KiB) Viewed 2228 times
Image
Omaha Skyline Photos, Omaha Aerial Photos, and More.
http://www.bradwilliamsphotography.com
http://www.facebook.com/bradwilliamsphotography
@bradwphoto on Twitter
Greater Omaha Chamber of Commerce Member

User avatar
iamjacobm
City Council
Posts: 8936
Joined: Sat Apr 10, 2010 6:52 am
Location: Midtown

Re: apartments on pacific between 48th & Saddle Creek

Postby iamjacobm » Fri Nov 18, 2016 9:42 am

Brad just beat me too it!

For context those lots are a bit smaller than their one u/c off Leavenworth right now and a little bigger than the lot Spaces sits on.

User avatar
jelizh
Home Owners Association
Posts: 53
Joined: Wed Jun 24, 2015 11:13 am

Re: apartments on pacific between 48th & Saddle Creek

Postby jelizh » Thu Aug 31, 2017 10:18 am

Bluestone recently mentioned a "project communication website" with the Morton Meadows neighborhood association, likely similar to the one they made for the 51st and Mayberry project. Perhaps this will be getting started fairly soon.

An unrelated note - nearby to this project the old Auto parts store and nearby house were demolished and some serious ground work is going on. Two different property owners and one appears to be the owner of Twins Auto. Anyone know what is going on there?

Image

hatwate
Home Owners Association
Posts: 159
Joined: Wed Sep 10, 2014 7:25 pm
Location: Aksarben Village

Re: apartments on pacific between 48th & Saddle Creek

Postby hatwate » Thu Aug 31, 2017 10:29 am

jelizh wrote:Bluestone recently mentioned a "project communication website" with the Morton Meadows neighborhood association, likely similar to the one they made for the 51st and Mayberry project. Perhaps this will be getting started fairly soon.

An unrelated note - nearby to this project the old Auto parts store and nearby house were demolished and some serious ground work is going on. Two different property owners and one appears to be the owner of Twins Auto. Anyone know what is going on there?

Image

It is my understanding that Twins Auto Repair is building on that site. They currently operate out of the parcel just N of this one in an old service station. There is a building permit for them and the construction type is 322-Service Stations and Repair Garages. If someone knows how to find more info the permit # is BLD-17-00884
:

hatwate
Home Owners Association
Posts: 159
Joined: Wed Sep 10, 2014 7:25 pm
Location: Aksarben Village

Re: apartments on pacific between 48th & Saddle Creek

Postby hatwate » Thu Aug 31, 2017 10:46 am

Brad wrote:Looks like "SADDLECREEK 1011 LLC" owns all these lots:
saddlecreek.JPG


I don't know if it is important to note that 4856 Pacific is not owned by SaddleCreek 1011 LLC. That and the corner property at 1025 Saddle Creek are owned and operated as a day care by Donna Collins.

Joseph

Re: apartments on pacific between 48th & Saddle Creek

Postby Joseph » Wed Oct 11, 2017 3:13 pm

I received a letter today from Bluestone Development.
This is the first I've heard of this... no notification from the city.
This is adjacent to my home.

https://mortonmeadowsna.nextdoor.com/ne ... t=66586066

User avatar
Garrett
Parks & Recreation
Posts: 1817
Joined: Wed Nov 26, 2008 6:29 pm
Location: Chicago

Re: apartments on pacific between 48th & Saddle Creek

Postby Garrett » Wed Oct 11, 2017 3:45 pm

Joseph wrote:I received a letter today from Bluestone Development.
This is the first I've heard of this... no notification from the city.
This is adjacent to my home.

https://mortonmeadowsna.nextdoor.com/ne ... t=66586066

Can you quote it so we don't have to log in to next door?
From Omaha to Chicago
From Axel to Garrett

Still the same guy

User avatar
iamjacobm
City Council
Posts: 8936
Joined: Sat Apr 10, 2010 6:52 am
Location: Midtown

Re: apartments on pacific between 48th & Saddle Creek

Postby iamjacobm » Tue Oct 17, 2017 8:41 am

Rowhouses and 134 units in the news today. No images of the project though.

hatwate
Home Owners Association
Posts: 159
Joined: Wed Sep 10, 2014 7:25 pm
Location: Aksarben Village

Re: apartments on pacific between 48th & Saddle Creek

Postby hatwate » Tue Oct 17, 2017 10:31 am

iamjacobm wrote:Rowhouses and 134 units in the news today. No images of the project though.

From today's Omaha World-Herald:
http://www.omaha.com/money/plan-for--un ... 5c1cd.html

User avatar
Garrett
Parks & Recreation
Posts: 1817
Joined: Wed Nov 26, 2008 6:29 pm
Location: Chicago

Re: apartments on pacific between 48th & Saddle Creek

Postby Garrett » Tue Oct 17, 2017 10:46 am

158 Units total: 134 in the apartment building on Saddle Creek, and then 24 in 12 3-story row houses to be built on the north side of Pacific. There will be a neighborhood meeting on October 24.
From Omaha to Chicago
From Axel to Garrett

Still the same guy

nativeomahan
Planning Board
Posts: 3472
Joined: Fri Nov 12, 2004 2:46 pm
Location: Omaha

Re: apartments on pacific between 48th & Saddle Creek

Postby nativeomahan » Mon Oct 23, 2017 10:06 pm

We own a house on the east side of 48th street, near Pacific. This will definitely change the feel of the neighborhood. Not sure whether it is good or bad from our financial viewpoint, but the neighborhood is very popular due to the huge influx of jobs at the Med Center.

hatwate
Home Owners Association
Posts: 159
Joined: Wed Sep 10, 2014 7:25 pm
Location: Aksarben Village

Re: apartments on pacific between 48th & Saddle Creek

Postby hatwate » Wed Oct 25, 2017 7:58 am

World-Herald report on last night's Morton Meadows neighborhood meeting where Bluestem presented their plans. Some renderings of the project are included. http://www.omaha.com/money/morton-meado ... ecc7e.html

User avatar
TitosBuritoBarn
Planning Board
Posts: 2092
Joined: Mon Nov 08, 2004 7:08 pm
Location: St. Louis

Re: apartments on pacific between 48th & Saddle Creek

Postby TitosBuritoBarn » Wed Oct 25, 2017 9:48 am

I wish they’d put some more thought into the design of the apartment building. It’s just a box with some holes cut into it for windows. Are building materials so costly that this is the best they can do?
"Video game violence is not a new problem. Who could forget in the wake of SimCity how children everywhere took up urban planning." - Stephen Colbert

User avatar
Taco
Home Owners Association
Posts: 188
Joined: Mon Jul 27, 2015 10:34 am

Re: apartments on pacific between 48th & Saddle Creek

Postby Taco » Wed Oct 25, 2017 3:00 pm

TitosBuritoBarn wrote:I wish they’d put some more thought into the design of the apartment building. It’s just a box with some holes cut into it for windows. Are building materials so costly that this is the best they can do?


I agree - terribly unimaginative with no architectural flair. The rowhouses especially look cheap now, in 10 years they'll look way worse. I'm all for an apartment building of this density in this area, but I wish they had less parking and a more interesting design.

hatwate
Home Owners Association
Posts: 159
Joined: Wed Sep 10, 2014 7:25 pm
Location: Aksarben Village

Re: apartments on pacific between 48th & Saddle Creek

Postby hatwate » Wed Oct 25, 2017 3:16 pm

Taco wrote:
TitosBuritoBarn wrote:I wish they’d put some more thought into the design of the apartment building. It’s just a box with some holes cut into it for windows. Are building materials so costly that this is the best they can do?


I agree - terribly unimaginative with no architectural flair. The rowhouses especially look cheap now, in 10 years they'll look way worse. I'm all for an apartment building of this density in this area, but I wish they had less parking and a more interesting design.

Bad area to wish for less parking since parking is already scare in Morton Meadows. Most houses are lucky if they have one garage. Parking on only one side of the street is usually true. The neighborhood assn wants dedicated parking for those who don’t even have driveways.

User avatar
TitosBuritoBarn
Planning Board
Posts: 2092
Joined: Mon Nov 08, 2004 7:08 pm
Location: St. Louis

Re: apartments on pacific between 48th & Saddle Creek

Postby TitosBuritoBarn » Wed Oct 25, 2017 3:30 pm

hatwate wrote:
Taco wrote:
TitosBuritoBarn wrote:I wish they’d put some more thought into the design of the apartment building. It’s just a box with some holes cut into it for windows. Are building materials so costly that this is the best they can do?


I agree - terribly unimaginative with no architectural flair. The rowhouses especially look cheap now, in 10 years they'll look way worse. I'm all for an apartment building of this density in this area, but I wish they had less parking and a more interesting design.

Bad area to wish for less parking since parking is already scare in Morton Meadows. Most houses are lucky if they have one garage. Parking on only one side of the street is usually true. The neighborhood assn wants dedicated parking for those who don’t even have driveways.


But the development is supposed to have more parking than what is typical, more spaces than there are units. What's leading you to believe it'll spill over into the street? How severe is the parking situation now really? Are there times when there is no spots to be found on 48th or Pacific?
"Video game violence is not a new problem. Who could forget in the wake of SimCity how children everywhere took up urban planning." - Stephen Colbert

hatwate
Home Owners Association
Posts: 159
Joined: Wed Sep 10, 2014 7:25 pm
Location: Aksarben Village

Re: apartments on pacific between 48th & Saddle Creek

Postby hatwate » Wed Oct 25, 2017 4:16 pm

TitosBuritoBarn wrote:
hatwate wrote:
Taco wrote:
TitosBuritoBarn wrote:I wish they’d put some more thought into the design of the apartment building. It’s just a box with some holes cut into it for windows. Are building materials so costly that this is the best they can do?


I agree - terribly unimaginative with no architectural flair. The rowhouses especially look cheap now, in 10 years they'll look way worse. I'm all for an apartment building of this density in this area, but I wish they had less parking and a more interesting design.

Bad area to wish for less parking since parking is already scare in Morton Meadows. Most houses are lucky if they have one garage. Parking on only one side of the street is usually true. The neighborhood assn wants dedicated parking for those who don’t even have driveways.


But the development is supposed to have more parking than what is typical, more spaces than there are units. What's leading you to believe it'll spill over into the street? How severe is the parking situation now really? Are there times when there is no spots to be found on 48th or Pacific?

Since I am not by there day in and day out I can't swear as to what the situation is all the time. But I am guessing from what I know of Pacific at that point that it probably is parked full, particularly at night. 48th probably is mostly full even during the day. If you were to look at 48th north of where this will be built I think has no parking on the street because of the fire station. Also, as I understand it the townhouses along Pacific will have 2 units in each one so I would bet my bottom dollar that a lot of visitors and even tenants will park on the street. Also, there might be more spaces than normal but it is going into an area which already has a shortage of parking.

User avatar
jelizh
Home Owners Association
Posts: 53
Joined: Wed Jun 24, 2015 11:13 am

Re: Apartments on Pacific between 48th & Saddle Creek

Postby jelizh » Thu Oct 26, 2017 1:20 pm

Taco wrote:
TitosBuritoBarn wrote:I wish they’d put some more thought into the design of the apartment building. It’s just a box with some holes cut into it for windows. Are building materials so costly that this is the best they can do?


I agree - terribly unimaginative with no architectural flair. The rowhouses especially look cheap now, in 10 years they'll look way worse. I'm all for an apartment building of this density in this area, but I wish they had less parking and a more interesting design.


Also agree. In their presentation they showed two examples of rowhouses that they used as inspiration for their rendering. One looked identical to their Little Italy townhomes with many architectural details (this somehow failed to translate to their rendering). IMO the rendering looks like a bunch of giant celebrity homes squeezed together. Really hope they consider adding more ornamentation and character to the rowhouses, Morton Meadows deserves better.

Professor Woland
Library Board
Posts: 328
Joined: Thu May 26, 2011 8:28 pm
Location: Omaha Metro Area

Re: apartments on pacific between 48th & Saddle Creek

Postby Professor Woland » Thu Oct 26, 2017 8:06 pm

hatwate wrote:
Brad wrote:Looks like "SADDLECREEK 1011 LLC" owns all these lots:
saddlecreek.JPG


I don't know if it is important to note that 4856 Pacific is not owned by SaddleCreek 1011 LLC. That and the corner property at 1025 Saddle Creek are owned and operated as a day care by Donna Collins.


It's the infant house at Donna's Little Darlings. In case anyone is wondering, it's a fantastic day care.

User avatar
Garrett
Parks & Recreation
Posts: 1817
Joined: Wed Nov 26, 2008 6:29 pm
Location: Chicago

Re: Apartments on Pacific between 48th & Saddle Creek

Postby Garrett » Fri Oct 27, 2017 11:45 am

I assume this could be moved out of rumors now, right?
From Omaha to Chicago
From Axel to Garrett

Still the same guy

10thstgoober
Home Owners Association
Posts: 151
Joined: Tue May 20, 2008 7:06 pm
Location: Dundee

Re: Apartments on Pacific between 48th & Saddle Creek

Postby 10thstgoober » Fri Oct 27, 2017 3:01 pm

The design is bland and overdone for the area. 48th to Saddle Creek to Pacific is already confusing and bad enough for most drivers. I'm right off 48th/Pacific and I can easily see the parking extending to the Masonic Lodge off 48th/Pierce which is for the most part empty except some weekend nights. I'm not in favor of this unless they fix the parking concerns and/or reduce the size. Also the Day Care center is going to be surrounded by this mess.

User avatar
iamjacobm
City Council
Posts: 8936
Joined: Sat Apr 10, 2010 6:52 am
Location: Midtown

Re: Apartments on Pacific between 48th & Saddle Creek

Postby iamjacobm » Thu Nov 30, 2017 4:08 pm

TIF request before Planning Board.

User avatar
U R my Helix
Library Board
Posts: 286
Joined: Tue Feb 10, 2015 7:54 pm

Re: Apartments on Pacific between 48th & Saddle Creek

Postby U R my Helix » Thu Dec 07, 2017 9:50 pm

Rendering #1 Saddle Creek & 48th Image

User avatar
U R my Helix
Library Board
Posts: 286
Joined: Tue Feb 10, 2015 7:54 pm

Re: Apartments on Pacific between 48th & Saddle Creek

Postby U R my Helix » Thu Dec 07, 2017 9:52 pm

Rendering #2 24 town home units Pacific & Saddle Creek Image


Return to “Urban Omaha Development”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot] and 2 guests