Amigo's - NE 108th & Q

Omaha's dining, arts and music scene

Moderators: Coyote, nebugeater, Brad, Omaha Cowboy, BRoss

Coyote
City Council

Amigo's - NE 108th & Q

Post by Coyote »

Galaxy Ventures II (Bryce Bares) recently purchased the old Cruise Company building on 108th and Q. They already have a Dunkin Donuts right next door, which replaced Sean O'Casey's, so I wonder what will come here next.
image.jpeg
image.jpeg (157.18 KiB) Viewed 9712 times
EricHaley
Human Relations

Re: NW 108th & Q

Post by EricHaley »

That would be the northeast corner...
Coyote
City Council

Re: NE 108th & Q

Post by Coyote »

My bad, thanks.
GRANDPASMUCKER
Human Relations

Re: NW 108th & Q

Post by GRANDPASMUCKER »

EricHaley wrote:That would be the northeast corner...
I saw that but I didnt want to make him think he was getting old and spacin off alot :shock: Whats funny is that pic has the old Godfathers in the photo but it says Raising Canes.
Omaha_corn_burner
Human Relations

Post by Omaha_corn_burner »

So what is a Galaxy Ventures II (Bryce Bares) ?
Coyote
City Council

Post by Coyote »

Omaha_corn_burner wrote:So what is a Galaxy Ventures II (Bryce Bares) ?
Galaxy Venture II is an LLC owned by Bryce Bares who owns rights for Dunkin' Donut franchises in Omaha. But now that he owns a property next to his own DD, the big questions is: is he ready to own another franchise? Does DD have a sister establishment?
Omaha_corn_burner
Human Relations

What is he building at Giles and Eastport?

http://www.cityoflavista.org/DocumentCenter/View/9831
Brad
City Council

Post by Brad »

Omaha_corn_burner wrote:What is he building at Giles and Eastport?

http://www.cityoflavista.org/DocumentCenter/View/9831
That's another Dunkin Donuts.
bbinks
Parks & Recreation

Post by bbinks »

Baskin Robbins maybe?
Omaha_corn_burner
Human Relations

bbinks wrote:Baskin Robbins maybe?
Back in the day there was a Baskin Robbins on the northwest corner. Are they presently expanding?
bbinks
Parks & Recreation

Post by bbinks »

Omaha_corn_burner wrote:
bbinks wrote:Baskin Robbins maybe?
Back in the day there was a Baskin Robbins on the northwest corner. Are they presently expanding?
Just a thought. Dunkin Donuts is their parent company.
mrsticka
Parks & Recreation

Post by mrsticka »

I used to live near 108th and Q. Went to the McDonald's there every now and then. The Albertsons was where we did most of our grocery shopping.
Coyote
City Council

Post by Coyote »

Coyote wrote:Galaxy Ventures II (Bryce Bares) recently purchased the old Cruise Company building on 108th and Q. They already have a Dunkin Donuts right next door, which replaced Sean O'Casey's, so I wonder what will come here next.
This building is now gone.
wag
New to the Neighborhood

Building Demolition at 10760 Q St.

Post by wag »

The building at 10760 Q St. has been demolished. (Just west of Dunkin Donuts)
Anybody know what will be going in there?
Coyote
City Council

Re: Building Demolition at 10760 Q St.

Post by Coyote »

wag wrote:The building at 10760 Q St. has been demolished. (Just west of Dunkin Donuts)
Anybody know what will be going in there?
Merged your post in to the Existing Topic
Coyote
City Council

Post by Coyote »

image.jpeg
image.jpeg (68.74 KiB) Viewed 8530 times
swinquest
Home Owners Association

Re: Southport (126th - Giles - I80)

Post by swinquest »

(Admin Move) May not be the best thread to put it in.....

My daughter applied for Amigo's on Center...told it was a new store. Anyone know where this would be at?
Coyote
City Council

Post by Coyote »

As far as I know the newest Amigo's will be on the NW corner of 107th and Q.
Brad
City Council

Post by Brad »

swinquest wrote: Wed May 09, 2018 7:32 pm My daughter applied for Amigo's on Center...told it was a new store. Anyone know where this would be at?
Coyote wrote: Sat May 12, 2018 6:14 pm As far as I know the newest Amigo's will be on the NW corner of 107th and Q.
If there is an Amigo's going in at 107th and Q, that Makes 3:
1. South Port East - Under Construction
2. 132 and Center - Design Phase
3. 107 and Q - Unknown
jessep28
Planning Board

Post by jessep28 »

I'm curious as to what's driving Amigo's expansion. It seems aggressive.
Verbum Domini Manet in Aeternum
Omaha Cowboy
The Don

Post by Omaha Cowboy »

I’m not the biggest Amigo’s fan in the world.. But there are members of my family who will be immensely excited about a 132nd and Center location...

Ciao..LiO...Peace
Go Cowboys!
Coyote
City Council

Post by Coyote »

Big yellow sign stating "Apply Now: $9-$12 per hour"
Coyote
City Council

Post by Coyote »

Coyote wrote: Sat Mar 04, 2017 1:07 pm Galaxy Ventures II (Bryce Bares) recently purchased the old Cruise Company building on 108th and Q. They already have a Dunkin Donuts right next door, which replaced Sean O'Casey's, so I wonder what will come here next.
This lot is now on the market

Post by Guest »

Just noticed Dunkin Donuts on this corner has now closed. Might of been closed for awhile and I just noticed it. Might be a casualty of the Pandemic.
S.O.Boy
Human Relations

Post by S.O.Boy »

Guest wrote: Mon Jan 11, 2021 10:49 pm Just noticed Dunkin Donuts on this corner has now closed. Might of been closed for awhile and I just noticed it. Might be a casualty of the Pandemic.
I thought they should have been more convenient for downtown bound traffic.
bbinks
Parks & Recreation

Re: Amigo's - NE 108th & Q

Post by bbinks »

Guest wrote: Mon Jan 11, 2021 10:49 pm Just noticed Dunkin Donuts on this corner has now closed. Might of been closed for awhile and I just noticed it. Might be a casualty of the Pandemic.
I drove past this location twice today and each time there were cars in the drive through.

Post by Guest »

bbinks wrote: Thu Jan 28, 2021 6:52 pm
I drove past this location twice today and each time there were cars in the drive through.
The Dunkin is still open. Amigos is what closed.
ChadJK
Parks & Recreation

Post by ChadJK »

Coyote wrote: Sat May 12, 2018 6:14 pm As far as I know the newest Amigo's will be on the NW corner of 107th and Q.
Has this Amigos at 10710 Q Street already closed? Signage is down. Was it even open a year?
OmaJayhawk
New to the Neighborhood

Re: Amigos at 108th & Q

Post by OmaJayhawk »

ChadJK wrote: Wed Oct 27, 2021 4:23 pm
Has this Amigos at 10710 Q Street already closed? Signage is down. Was it even open a year?
Yes, it's closed. Happened in the summertime. Was probably only open for a little over a year.

I knew they overbuilt during their recent expansion.
skinzfan23
City Council

Post by skinzfan23 »

I am still sad that the one at 72nd and Giles closed, we didn't go there often but it was the closest one in the south eastern part of the metro.
Brad
City Council

Post by Brad »

I work with several people from Lincoln and they all say the Amigo's in Omaha are no where as good as the Amigos in Lincoln.
Omaha Cowboy
The Don

Post by Omaha Cowboy »

I’ve intimated this several years back- I’m not the biggest Amigo’s fan in the world. It’s okay.. But I have family members who live out of state (Texas) who CRAVE the place..and have for years..I still shake my head over their obsession..but at the same time, it’s amusing.. They likely feel the same way when I go down to Texas and immediately have to stop at Whataburger..

So it works both ways :lol:

Ciao..LiO…Peace
Go Cowboys!
Greg S
City Council

Post by Greg S »

skinzfan23 wrote: Thu Oct 28, 2021 8:54 am I am still sad that the one at 72nd and Giles closed, we didn't go there often but it was the closest one in the south eastern part of the metro.

I am too. I work in Bellevue in the Twin Creek area and that was within striking distance at lunch.

Greg
Greg S
City Council

Post by Greg S »

Omaha Cowboy wrote: Thu Oct 28, 2021 9:44 am I’ve intimated this several years back- I’m not the biggest Amigo’s fan in the world. It’s okay.. But I have family members who live out of state (Texas) who CRAVE the place..and have for years..I still shake my head over their obsession..but at the same time, it’s amusing.. They likely feel the same way when I go down to Texas and immediately have to stop at Whataburger..

Ciao..LiO…Peace
I went to college in Lincoln in the late 80's. Went late at night to the one downtown. I love Amigo's and could not have been happier than when they opened the one on W Maple a few years ago (it does real strong business). I love the soft tacos, crisp meat burritos and mexi fries with ranch. I remember when they used to sell crisp meat burritos in Memorial Stadium. Those and a runza were so good on cold game days.

Greg
Omaha Cowboy
The Don

Post by Omaha Cowboy »

Greg S wrote: Thu Oct 28, 2021 9:48 am
Omaha Cowboy wrote: Thu Oct 28, 2021 9:44 am I’ve intimated this several years back- I’m not the biggest Amigo’s fan in the world. It’s okay.. But I have family members who live out of state (Texas) who CRAVE the place..and have for years..I still shake my head over their obsession..but at the same time, it’s amusing.. They likely feel the same way when I go down to Texas and immediately have to stop at Whataburger..

Ciao..LiO…Peace
I went to college in Lincoln in the late 80's. Went late at night to the one downtown. I love Amigo's and could not have been happier than when they opened the one on W Maple a few years ago (it does real strong business). I love the soft tacos, crisp meat burritos and mexi fries with ranch. I remember when they used to sell crisp meat burritos in Memorial Stadium. Those and a runza were so good on cold game days.

Greg
They opened up one just off 132nd and West Center over a year ago- close to my residence.. I go there occasionally..

Their Crisp Meat Burritos are definitely the best item on their menu imo…

Ciao..LiO…Peace
Go Cowboys!
jessep28
Planning Board

Post by jessep28 »

Their Seward store is pretty decent. I always make the mistake of getting a second crisp meat burrito and end up snacking on Tums for the next 8 hours afterwards, lol.

People rave about Amigo's ranch, but it's just your standard homemade salad dressing recipe found on a Hidden Valley packet. They might use Sysco's ranch mix though. Regardless, the secret is to use buttermilk.
Verbum Domini Manet in Aeternum
Brooklyn Decker
New to the Neighborhood

Post by Brooklyn Decker »

jessep28 wrote: Sun Oct 31, 2021 10:50 pm Their Seward store is pretty decent. I always make the mistake of getting a second crisp meat burrito and end up snacking on Tums for the next 8 hours afterwards, lol.

People rave about Amigo's ranch, but it's just your standard homemade salad dressing recipe found on a Hidden Valley packet. They might use Sysco's ranch mix though. Regardless, the secret is to use buttermilk.
Ranch dressing is mayonnaise and seasoning. If you're judging a restaurant by ranch, you have much larger problems in life.
Brooklyn Decker
ChadJK
Parks & Recreation

Post by ChadJK »

Brooklyn Decker wrote: Sun Oct 31, 2021 10:57 pm Ranch dressing is mayonnaise and seasoning. If you're judging a restaurant by ranch, you have much larger problems in life.
Emphatically agree. I never understood the ranch obsession. Of course, I also don't understand the mayonnaise/aioli obsession. I think 95% of restaurant sauces are just doctored-up ranch and mayonnaise/aioli. That includes "fry sauce" from various places.

(Side Note: Ranch seasoning packets are just a slick way to get you to add MSG to your recipe. There's no secret to which herbs and spices are in ranch dressing. So, why does a recipe call for a packet of ranch mix when most people probably have all of those common herbs and spices in their spice rack? MSG, baby. MSG Next time you're in the grocery store grab a packet of Hidden Valley Ranch Dressing Mix and read the ingredients on the back of it. MSG is like the 4th ingredient. Few people want to buy pure MSG and sprinkled it in their food, but disguise it in a recipe as "one packet ranch salad dressing mix" and it's no problem.)

People put restaurants on pedestals for very silly things. I can remember probably 20 years ago when nobody would shut the heck up about the breadsticks at Fazoli's. It's a breadstick! It's not hard to get right. Probably the most recent restaurant "crack" is Cane's Sauce.