Cooper Farm

Have an inside scoop? Word on a new retailer or restaurant? Share it here!

Moderators: Coyote, nebugeater, Brad, Omaha Cowboy, BRoss

Resident

Cooper Farm

Post by Resident »

We live in the Raven Oaks area and neighbors of ours were sent notice that there will be a hearing on April 25th regarding the development of Cooper Farm off of Mormon Bridge Road into three different projects. Not sure exactly what those will be, but we assume it will be a housing development. If so, it's pretty disappointing for us as Raven Oaks is a very woodsy area with lots of wildlife, which losing Cooper Farm will detract from.
Brad
City Council

Re: Cooper Farm

Post by Brad »

Not sure where cooper far is, but right before the housing crash in 2008, there was plans to develop the parcel highlighted below. I believe they had an approved plat and everything and then pulled it at the last min.
REVEN.JPG
REVEN.JPG (229.36 KiB) Viewed 735 times
Resident

Post by Resident »

That's exactly what it is. Great find.
Resident

Post by Resident »

Never mind, I must be on crack--that's not the Cooper Farm area. I guess I know what will be next after that one then!
iamjacobm
City Council

Post by iamjacobm »

When I google Cooper Farms Omaha it takes me to the Omaha Home for Boys.
Resident

Post by Resident »

Yes, it is owned by them. They use it to expose kids to agriculture and so forth, and there are some other facilities there as well. The paper just had an article on it last week: http://www.omaha.com/news/education/don ... dadf6.html

It is across the road from Forest Lawn Cemetery.