Maplewood Estates

Have an inside scoop? Word on a new retailer or restaurant? Share it here!

Moderators: Coyote, nebugeater, Brad, Omaha Cowboy, BRoss

bbinks
Parks & Recreation

Maplewood Estates

Post by bbinks »

Question on the Maplewood Estates mobile home community. I had a customer where I work say that the park had been sold, and residents had until 2020 to vacate as an apartment developer had bought the land. I am not seeing anything on the assessor site, or on city council agendas. This customer lives there. Has anyone heard anything?
Omaha_corn_burner
Human Relations

Re: Maplewood Estates

Post by Omaha_corn_burner »

Just curious, if a situation like this does happen, what do the owners typically do with their mobile homes? It's not like there are a lot of places where they could move and park them if their current plot is sold.
EricHaley
Human Relations

Post by EricHaley »

Time to put the wheels back on...
bbinks
Parks & Recreation

Post by bbinks »

Omaha_corn_burner wrote:Just curious, if a situation like this does happen, what do the owners typically do with their mobile homes? It's not like there are a lot of places where they could move and park them if their current plot is sold.
When the one near 50th & Center sold, most homes there were too old or below the quality standard to be moved or be accepted at other mobile home parks, so many owners just abandoned them.
GRANDPASMUCKER
Human Relations

Post by GRANDPASMUCKER »

bbinks wrote:
Omaha_corn_burner wrote:Just curious, if a situation like this does happen, what do the owners typically do with their mobile homes? It's not like there are a lot of places where they could move and park them if their current plot is sold.
When the one near 50th & Center sold, most homes there were too old or below the quality standard to be moved or be accepted at other mobile home parks, so many owners just abandoned them.

On a scale of 1-10 the trailer park on 50th & center was a 2.5 :( Maplewood Estates is a 7 :P You cant really compare the two.
Dundeemaha
Human Relations

Post by Dundeemaha »

GRANDPASMUCKER wrote: On a scale of 1-10 the trailer park on 50th & center was a 2.5 :( Maplewood Estates is a 7 :P You cant really compare the two.
You just literally compared them on a 10 point scale.
bbinks
Parks & Recreation

Post by bbinks »

GRANDPASMUCKER wrote:
bbinks wrote:

On a scale of 1-10 the trailer park on 50th & center was a 2.5 :( Maplewood Estates is a 7 :P You cant really compare the two.

I can't argue that. But there are likely not enough vacancies at the other mobile home areas. Not that many that I can think of. Small one near Village pointe, one near the airport, and 108th & Ida.