Development in and around Gretna

West Omaha, Sarpy and Nebraska metro counties.

Moderators: Coyote, nebugeater, Brad, Omaha Cowboy, BRoss

nebugeater
City Council

Re: Development in and around Gretna

Post by nebugeater »

Anyone have an opinion on El Vallarta Mexican Restaurant? From what I can tell their original location is in Blair and they have a second location in LaVista that has been there a year or two near 84th & Giles.

They are opening a third location in a new strip that is not yet completed. Have not made it to try one of their exciting locations yet but would be curious what anyone thoughts here are.
For the record  NEBUGEATER does not equal BUGEATER    !!!!!!!
Coyote
City Council

Post by Coyote »

I have been to the one in LA Vista, and it was decent enough. Nothing spectacular, but I would say it was above average. I would go back.
PotatoeEatsFish
Human Relations

Post by PotatoeEatsFish »

I go to the one in Blair regularly and its pretty good. Their rice is amazing.
#SaveTheUglyGrainSilos2024
nebugeater
City Council

Post by nebugeater »

I have heard that Amigos is opening a location in Gretna. It is in one of the new strips that is being completed. From what I understand it is the end location on the one that is furthers along and has an Insurance agent and a Supercuts already open. Anyone able to confirm this?
nebugeater
City Council

Post by nebugeater »

It looks like Amigos is more than a rumor. The developer has applied for a special use permit for a drive through at the strip plaza where they want to go.

Also, it looks like Runza wants to move and is looking at a free standing location at the entrance to Plum Creek next to the new Dental building that is just being completed.
nebugeater
City Council

Post by nebugeater »

A special use permit allowing for a drive thru was approved for 11922 Standing Stone Drive. For those that know Gretna this I believe this is the South end cap for the new strip where Super-cuts and the State Farm agent is. The business that was stated when the permit was is Zesto's.

http://www.loopnet.com/Listing/18658731 ... Gretna-NE/

Looks like Zesto's will be Joining Amigos (in the neighboring building) whose permit was approved recently in this general area.

Wonder if the ownership is the same as other any other Zesto's
Omababe
Planning Board

Post by Omababe »

nebugeater wrote:Looks like Zesto's will be Joining Amigos (in the neighboring building) whose permit was approved recently in this general area.
It will be nice to have a Zesto's out there. I usually end up driving that stretch about once a week.
nebugeater
City Council

Post by nebugeater »

The zoning variance for a drive through at the location that Runza is going to build passed earlier this week. The area they want to build was zoned for what they wanted but not as a drive through location. There was plenty of resistance and concern voiced by the adjoining neighborhood, much of it valid, but it moves forward.
nebugeater
City Council

Post by nebugeater »

The on again, off again, on again free standing Runza Location in Gretna broke ground this week after looking at alternate locations for a while from what I had heard.

The Amego's that got city approval has backed out and will not happen at this time. They were going in the opposite end of a new strip plaza and the other end housed the relatively new El Vallareta Mexican restaurant and word there is that this was part of why it got shelved with some resistance directed to the building owner.

The Zesto's that was approved by the city including a drive through variance has not happened. I believe the franchise owner that was doing this location is From Elkhorn and my speculation is they moved there focus to the new location that recently opened Near Hyw 6/31 & Pacific.
Guest 2

Gretna

Post by Guest 2 »

It appears that there might be 2 new drive through restaurants going into Gretna. One I believe is Zesto's. One of the rumors floating around town was the other would be a Amigo's. Can anyone confirm?
nebugeater
City Council

Re: Gretna

Post by nebugeater »

Check here for some information.

http://www.eomahaforums.com/viewtopic.p ... na#p277564

These were both planned and got through the zoning permitting issues. Then they both died. I do not believe that either are currently still live projects.
nebugeater
City Council

Post by nebugeater »

Mentioned elsewhere that the Runza being built as a replacement in Gretna is said to be a next generation design.

Here is what I consider to be the standard free standing new build location look
runza design.jpg
runza design.jpg (24.36 KiB) Viewed 44215 times

AS you can see from a few crappy cell phone photos I took on my way home tonight there is a pretty big difference to this building

runza 1.jpg
runza 1.jpg (198.94 KiB) Viewed 44215 times
runza 2c.jpg
runza 2c.jpg (67.85 KiB) Viewed 44215 times
runza 3.jpg
runza 3.jpg (211.19 KiB) Viewed 44215 times
nebugeater
City Council

Post by nebugeater »

Juice Stop will be adding a Gretna Location this spring.

Located at 11910 Standing Stone Drive
nebugeater
City Council

Post by nebugeater »

Amigo's is remolding and going in to the old Runza location in Gretna. They already have a sign up saying NOW HIRING.

Unofficially I heard 60 days to open
Coyote
City Council

Post by Coyote »

Gretna is getting one of my favorite places, a Juice Stop at the northern strip mall at Hwy 6 and Schram Rd
nebugeater
City Council

Post by nebugeater »

Coyote wrote:Gretna is getting one of my favorite places, a Juice Stop at the northern strip mall at Hwy 6 and Schram Rd
See two posts above yours. :D

The signs are on the store front now by the way.
iamjacobm
City Council

Post by iamjacobm »

A lot of rooftops added to Gretna between 370 and Schram Road on 192nd.

https://www.omaha.com/sarpy/gretna/plan ... a464c.html
• Recommended approval of a preliminary plat for a subdivision to be known as Harvest Hills. The subdivision would include 181 lots and seven outlots. Generally located at the northeast corner of South 192nd Street and Schram Road, the land is currently undeveloped and being used for farming purposes. Proposed by McCune Development LLC., the subdivision would includes homes in the $300,000 to $400,000 range.
• Recommended approval of a preliminary plat for a subdivision to be known as Hidden Hollow, generally located at the southeast corner of South 192nd Street and Highway 370. The subdivision would include 118 lots and 12 outlots on land currently undeveloped and being used for farming purposes. Proposed by McCune Development LLC., the subdivision would includes homes in the $500,000 to $600,000 range, as well as those in the range of $700,000 to $1 million.
nebugeater
City Council

Post by nebugeater »

I understand that First National Bank is building a branch in Gretna. They will be located at the intersection of Hwy 6/31 and 370. The corner where the billboards have been. They came down just recently. Not sure how much of the area they will take up.
Attachments
map 2.JPG
map 2.JPG (161.77 KiB) Viewed 42570 times
RockHarbor
Planning Board

Post by RockHarbor »

I love all that I see continues to go on in Gretna! I do like the feel of spacious & growing Gretna. There's something about how it sits on that higher land (above the Elkhorn River Valley) with a horizon line to the west that seems to stretch forever. I-80 is right there w/ the hoppin' outlet center to catch to Omaha or Lincoln. Mahoney & Platte River State Parks are very nearby. It feels nice. It feels warm. It feels good. It feels new. It just does. To me, its becoming the new "Perfect Eastern Nebraska Town-Turned-Suburb." (Plus, it was the first Omaha suburb to get a modern "mushroom water tower" -- my favorite water tower design). The city's slogan should be: "There's no regrets moving to Gretna!" :)
I can get pushed out because I'm "too much" for some. Then, an observer of me comes suddenly swooping in to "fill my shoes." People are always more accepting of the new one, because their feathers aren't truly ruffled by them. (Yawn) I can count on it every time.
iamjacobm
City Council

Post by iamjacobm »

https://www.omaha.com/news/metro/gretna ... f3969.html
A large tract of land on the southern edge of Gretna sits mostly quiet these days, vacant farmland stretching across the 80-acre plot.

Several years from now, the area could be filled with the sights and sounds of golf discs whizzing through the air, fishing lures splashing into water and dogs playing in a pup-focused park.

Gretna leaders are envisioning transforming the city-owned land north of Capehart Road and west of 204th Street into a massive outdoor recreation destination, complete with an 18-hole disc golf course, fishing pond and dog park alongside an outdoor education center, group picnic area and amphitheater.

A major component of the project’s master plan is a modern aquatics center that would replace the city’s aging, ailing pool. The new facility would be available to the Gretna High School swim team, which is often forced to travel to Omaha pools far from Gretna to practice.
Coyote
City Council

Post by Coyote »

Very impressive, I hope this works out. Gretna is growing up.
RockHarbor
Planning Board

Post by RockHarbor »

Wow...
I can get pushed out because I'm "too much" for some. Then, an observer of me comes suddenly swooping in to "fill my shoes." People are always more accepting of the new one, because their feathers aren't truly ruffled by them. (Yawn) I can count on it every time.
Coyote
City Council

Post by Coyote »

image.jpeg
image.jpeg (292.44 KiB) Viewed 41831 times
Coyote
City Council

Post by Coyote »

image.jpeg
image.jpeg (277.21 KiB) Viewed 41826 times
damonhynes
Parks & Recreation

Post by damonhynes »

Across the street from the new QT, a building had been going up that resembled the new Runza design. A month ago, I noticed the windows were a lot smaller than you'd expect from a restaurant.

Signs went up last week--Sherwin Williams. I'm happy about this, because the last thing that corner needs is more high-volume retail, with both QT and K&G selling truck diesel.
daveoma
Parks & Recreation

Post by daveoma »

Does anybody else find it humorous that they have a "passive park" label on the site plan? Could someone please distinguish this from an aggressive park? :lol:
Louie
County Board

Post by Louie »

daveoma wrote: Sat Jun 15, 2019 1:24 am Does anybody else find it humorous that they have a "passive park" label on the site plan? Could someone please distinguish this from an aggressive park? :lol:
YOU WILL HAVE FUN AND YOU WILL LIKE IT!!!!!
ChadJK
Parks & Recreation

Post by ChadJK »

FYI...

The new QuikTrip at 156th & Hwy 370 (give or take) opened the morning of Thursday, June 13th. I hope it prompts Kum & Go to step up their game. I've not had a good customer service experience at that Kum & Go in several years.
ita
County Board

Post by ita »

Here's the rendering of the aquatics/exercise center portion of the new park in the works:

The OWH article states the current municipal pool accommodates about 200 while the new pool(s) will accommodate over 1,100. The city may partner with the YMCA for management of the facilities. It's should be great amenity for the City.
dave1215
Home Owners Association

Post by dave1215 »

The storage facility that is being built in Gretna on the NE corner of 168th & Highway 370 seems to be out of place. That corner would have been a prime commercial come. A little surprised Gretna allowed that.
Omababe
Planning Board

Post by Omababe »

dave1215 wrote: Sun Jan 05, 2020 9:40 pm The storage facility that is being built in Gretna on the NE corner of 168th & Highway 370 seems to be out of place. That corner would have been a prime commercial come. A little surprised Gretna allowed that.
IIAC, that's not within Gretna's jurisdiction -- yet that is.
ChadJK
Parks & Recreation

Post by ChadJK »

dave1215 wrote: Sun Jan 05, 2020 9:40 pm The storage facility that is being built in Gretna on the NE corner of 168th & Highway 370 seems to be out of place. That corner would have been a prime commercial come. A little surprised Gretna allowed that.
I agree entirely. I hate seeing prime corner lots at major intersections wasted on things like office building (especially ones that don't rely on walk-ins), storage units, churches, schools, etc. Save it for retail!
Omababe wrote: Mon Jan 06, 2020 9:05 am IIAC, that's not within Gretna's jurisdiction -- yet that is.
True. IIRC, Gretna only extends east to about 198th/200th street or so.
nebugeater
City Council

Post by nebugeater »

Here is the Gretna Zoning map from mid-2018. I do not think anything has changed since then.

dave1215
Home Owners Association

Post by dave1215 »

nebugeater wrote: Sat Jan 11, 2020 9:22 am Here is the Gretna Zoning map from mid-2018. I do not think anything has changed since then.
Didn't the last annexation they did take all of the industrial area on the west side of I80 so their zoning would then expand over the area where the storage facilities are?
Gretna Annexation Proposal
nebugeater
City Council

Post by nebugeater »

dave1215 wrote: Fri Feb 07, 2020 7:25 pm
nebugeater wrote: Sat Jan 11, 2020 9:22 am Here is the Gretna Zoning map from mid-2018. I do not think anything has changed since then.
Didn't the last annexation they did take all of the industrial area on the west side of I80 so their zoning would then expand over the area where the storage facilities are?
I belive that the key here is that this was proposed but never finalised do to the do to the diagreemnts between jusrdictions. I may have missed something and be wrong on this but that is what I remeber.
dave1215
Home Owners Association

Post by dave1215 »

nebugeater wrote: Sun Feb 09, 2020 7:03 am
dave1215 wrote: Fri Feb 07, 2020 7:25 pm
I belive that the key here is that this was proposed but never finalised do to the do to the diagreemnts between jusrdictions. I may have missed something and be wrong on this but that is what I remeber.
Might be right, but I thought Papilliin and Gretna came to a final agreement and Gretna recently agreed to Deannex the small part that crossed the interstate.
cchandler790
New to the Neighborhood

Post by cchandler790 »

I have heard that gretna will be building a new stand along grocery store right across from goodwill. It will be a Fareway. In the plans, it also said a stand alone fast food place with drive through and a another gas station. I'm not for sure what fast food or gas station it will be. I hope a chick fil a or raising canes :D

They posted the plans on the gretna website.
nebugeater
City Council

Post by nebugeater »

cchandler790 wrote: Fri Feb 14, 2020 11:29 am I have heard that gretna will be building a new stand along grocery store right across from goodwill. It will be a Fareway. In the plans, it also said a stand alone fast food place with drive through and a another gas station. I'm not for sure what fast food or gas station it will be. I hope a chick fil a or raising canes :D

They posted the plans on the gretna website.
The info I have is Fairway, Casey's and Freddies Frozen Custard
nebugeater
City Council

Post by nebugeater »

Here is some information for the BDC Commons development that will include the Confirmed Fairway and the Unconfirmed Casey's and Freddies.

http://gretnane.org/DocumentCenter/View ... ary-3-2020

ChadJK
Parks & Recreation

Post by ChadJK »

Is BDC commons still happening? I drove past the vacant lot today and there is what appears to be a new sign up listing the land as available for sale.
Last edited by ChadJK on Mon May 18, 2020 9:49 am, edited 1 time in total.