192nd and W. Maple Rd

Have an inside scoop? Word on a new retailer or restaurant? Share it here!

Moderators: Coyote, nebugeater, Brad, Omaha Cowboy, BRoss

MKMScat20
New to the Neighborhood

192nd and W. Maple Rd

Post by MKMScat20 »

I have heard rumor of a Holiday Inn Express being built on the SE corner of this intersection. Opening in March of 2019.

Rumor is from a connected realtor in the area. Not sure if it’s correct or not, but figured I’d share FWIW.

Enjoy!
mcarch
Library Board

Re: 192nd and W. Maple Rd

Post by mcarch »

I live across the street from this corner and I would love that. I am sick of all of these storage facilities; I'd rather have apartments.
cafereef
Home Owners Association

Post by cafereef »

mcarch wrote: Mon Apr 02, 2018 12:28 am I live across the street from this corner and I would love that. I am sick of all of these storage facilities; I'd rather have apartments.
I could not agree more. Storage units are popping up like mad, and while I appreciate the developers goals of making them look as decent as possible, it is getting rather ridiculous. It honestly makes me feel somewhat bad because clearly there is demand for them, is Omaha, especially west Omaha, really full of that many hoarders?
MKMScat2.0

Post by MKMScat2.0 »

Well appears the hotel is happening. As is a DJs Dugout, Scooters, Verizon, B2B Congsignment, Craft Cocktail Bar, a daycare, and the ever so popular Storage Units.

Article in OWH today
Joe_Sovereign
Library Board

Post by Joe_Sovereign »

cafereef wrote: Mon Apr 16, 2018 8:12 am
mcarch wrote: Mon Apr 02, 2018 12:28 am I live across the street from this corner and I would love that. I am sick of all of these storage facilities; I'd rather have apartments.
I could not agree more. Storage units are popping up like mad, and while I appreciate the developers goals of making them look as decent as possible, it is getting rather ridiculous. It honestly makes me feel somewhat bad because clearly there is demand for them, is Omaha, especially west Omaha, really full of that many hoarders?
Storage Units should be zoned as industrial use to keep them off main roads and out of residential and retail areas.
cafe110

Post by cafe110 »

I have an extremely hard time understanding how Elkhorn could NEED more storage units right now? Here are units I can think of just off the top of my head

Extra Space Storage: 204th and Dodge
Dino's Storage: 210th and Dodge
3D Self Storage: 210th and Dodge
DiY Storage: 220th and Maple
Elkhorn Storage: 207th and Elkhorn Drive
All About Storage: 201 and Veterans Drive by Elkhorn High

Go a little east and there is another large indoor Dino's storage on 144th and Maple....

and there are two Storage units in Waterloo alone.
buildomaha
Human Relations

Post by buildomaha »

These storage units need to be regulated by the city somehow. I know they are an amazing investment for anyone who’s building them, but they are quite literally a waste of space. They aren’t contributing to society in any way, they aren’t employing many people, and their only purpose is literally to store people’s junk that could be put to better use or repurposed. I’d like to see if this obsession with keeping any and everything in these storage units is nearly as possible elsewhere in the country.

I really hate these storage units!
#gohawks
Louie
County Board

Post by Louie »

buildomaha wrote: Thu Sep 27, 2018 10:00 pm These storage units need to be regulated by the city somehow. I know they are an amazing investment for anyone who’s building them, but they are quite literally a waste of space. They aren’t contributing to society in any way, they aren’t employing many people, and their only purpose is literally to store people’s junk that could be put to better use or repurposed. I’d like to see if this obsession with keeping any and everything in these storage units is nearly as possible elsewhere in the country.

I really hate these storage units!
100% agree. Dead spaces and always right on the dang corner. Plus from what I hear the Dino guy is a jerk.