Downtown Office Rumors

Have an inside scoop? Word on a new retailer or restaurant? Share it here!

Moderators: Coyote, Omaha Cowboy, Brad, nebugeater

Downtowner

Downtown Office Rumors

Postby Downtowner » Sat Feb 03, 2018 6:45 pm

Post in another thread got me thinking about organizing rumors and there are a couple more I can add.

Met Life to Gavilon Building
First Data to Civic site
Toast to Central Park Plaza
State of Nebraska 100k sf in the new Con Agra Building
Mystery 2 story user at Capitol District (I'm told there is a company in play but don't know who)

Throw in the already announced Kiewit and you've got an explosion of office growth in downtown. Lanoha would have to be next since FNB, Woodman, OWH and landmark (post hotel) are full. With that major splash, I would be surprised if more people didn't start to consider downtown...

Coyote
City Council

Re: Downtown Office Rumors

Postby Coyote » Sun Feb 04, 2018 9:49 am

Since you mention the new ConAgra building, don't forget the Chamber will also go there, and their 13th and Harney property is on the market now, RFP decision will be made by April/May.

buildomaha
Home Owners Association

Re: Downtown Office Rumors

Postby buildomaha » Thu Feb 08, 2018 8:25 pm

I'm hoping the office development could start a domino effect of office space running full downtown and showing other businesses that Omaha and its downtown are a great place for business. Not only that, but it would fulfill the current excess of vacancy downtown that was causing major question marks for any chance of office space for Lot B, Capitol District, ConAgra redevelopment, etc.

These employers with roots downtown are just more advocates for great things like the streetcar-which would only help to attract even people and businesses. In a perfect scenario this would all work out. At least we have great people working behind the scenes to try and get these things done!

Return to “Rumors”