Downtown Office Rumors

Have an inside scoop? Word on a new retailer or restaurant? Share it here!

Moderators: Coyote, nebugeater, Brad, Omaha Cowboy, BRoss

Downtowner

Downtown Office Rumors

Post by Downtowner »

Post in another thread got me thinking about organizing rumors and there are a couple more I can add.

Met Life to Gavilon Building
First Data to Civic site
Toast to Central Park Plaza
State of Nebraska 100k sf in the new Con Agra Building
Mystery 2 story user at Capitol District (I'm told there is a company in play but don't know who)

Throw in the already announced Kiewit and you've got an explosion of office growth in downtown. Lanoha would have to be next since FNB, Woodman, OWH and landmark (post hotel) are full. With that major splash, I would be surprised if more people didn't start to consider downtown...
Coyote
City Council

Re: Downtown Office Rumors

Post by Coyote »

Since you mention the new ConAgra building, don't forget the Chamber will also go there, and their 13th and Harney property is on the market now, RFP decision will be made by April/May.
buildomaha
Human Relations

Post by buildomaha »

I'm hoping the office development could start a domino effect of office space running full downtown and showing other businesses that Omaha and its downtown are a great place for business. Not only that, but it would fulfill the current excess of vacancy downtown that was causing major question marks for any chance of office space for Lot B, Capitol District, ConAgra redevelopment, etc.

These employers with roots downtown are just more advocates for great things like the streetcar-which would only help to attract even people and businesses. In a perfect scenario this would all work out. At least we have great people working behind the scenes to try and get these things done!
#gohawks
Doctor Fate
Human Relations

Post by Doctor Fate »

Curious to see what people think could be or will be the next big skyline changing project downtown?
TitosBuritoBarn
Planning Board

Post by TitosBuritoBarn »

CyborgKen wrote:Curious to see what people think could be or will be the next big skyline changing project downtown?
In the year 2097 when a rising tech company called Zzaxys moves its homegrown headquarters downtown following exponential growth in the revolutionary service it provides, that being the ability to order products for sale online with your mind and deliver them by autonomous helicopters.
"Video game violence is not a new problem. Who could forget in the wake of SimCity how children everywhere took up urban planning." - Stephen Colbert
Stargazer
County Board

Post by Stargazer »

I'm fairly certain, Zzaxys will be out of business, soon after the rise of West West Farm based BlobThunk, a subsidiary of HomeInstead, with it's ground breaking capabilities, bringing any and all mind requisitioned goods to the consumer, edible and otherwise, by way of their bathroom based and 100% post consumer waste renewable, 3D printer technology.

Shoot for the Moon... if you miss, you'll land among the stars.
OmahaJaysCU
Planning Board

Post by OmahaJaysCU »

Downtowner wrote: Sat Feb 03, 2018 6:45 pm Post in another thread got me thinking about organizing rumors and there are a couple more I can add.

First Data to Civic site
Toast to Central Park Plaza
State of Nebraska 100k sf in the new Con Agra Building
Mystery 2 story user at Capitol District (I'm told there is a company in play but don't know who)
Two of these hit...I heard a rumor the Hines office building at Con Agra had a tenant...
Louie
County Board

Post by Louie »

Which building is the Hines building?
OmahaJaysCU
Planning Board

Post by OmahaJaysCU »

They're the developer behind the Con Agra campus development. Their plans had a 150k+/- sf office building...
Louie
County Board

Post by Louie »

OmahaJaysCU wrote: Wed Jun 06, 2018 7:46 pm They're the developer behind the Con Agra campus development. Their plans had a 150k+/- sf office building...
Oh geez, can't believe I missed that
Coyote
City Council

Post by Coyote »

Downtowner wrote: Sat Feb 03, 2018 6:45 pm Post in another thread got me thinking about organizing rumors and there are a couple more I can add.

Bringing 165 jobs there
Doctor Fate
Human Relations

Post by Doctor Fate »

Louie wrote: Wed Jun 06, 2018 7:53 pm
OmahaJaysCU wrote: Wed Jun 06, 2018 7:46 pm They're the developer behind the Con Agra campus development. Their plans had a 150k+/- sf office building...
Oh geez, can't believe I missed that
I thought the office building in Phase I was 250k sq ft?