126/giles/I80

Have an inside scoop? Word on a new retailer or restaurant? Share it here!

Moderators: Coyote, nebugeater, Brad, Omaha Cowboy, BRoss

Brad
City Council

126/giles/I80

Post by Brad »

I heard a rumor that there will me a big anouncement next week about what will be built around the new hotel/conventioncenter at 126/giles/I80 interchange.
jjjjhskr
Human Relations

Post by jjjjhskr »

It's always nice to have a good rumor going. There hasn't been too much lately around here.
eomaha
County Board

Post by eomaha »

Word is there will be a Hampton Inn (4 stories) across the street from the location where the proposed Embassy Suites is to sit as well... ie Southport East. :)
Coyote
City Council

Post by Coyote »

Can't wait. They have started working on the site again.
OmahaDevelopmentMan
Human Relations

Post by OmahaDevelopmentMan »

is this near the embasy suites site?
jjjjhskr
Human Relations

Post by jjjjhskr »

jhuston wrote:Word is there will be a Hampton Inn (4 stories) across the street from the location where the proposed Embassy Suites is to sit as well... ie Southport East. :)
Couldn't you just lead us along with a "28 story Marriott?" To make up for that, maybe you can help fuel the rumor of Marriott looking at "North Downtown" as Adam suggested on the downtown grocery thread. :)
eomaha
County Board

Post by eomaha »

People seem to forget that Marriott doesn't just come along and build 28 story hotels (at least not in Omaha)... -we- need to build the hotel and solicit proposals for it's management. Remember, WE built the Hilton... not Hilton. They're just occupying it and passing along to us a portion of the profits to go towards paying it off.
Brad
City Council

Post by Brad »

Word is there will be a Hampton Inn (4 stories) across the street from the location where the proposed Embassy Suites is to sit as well... ie Southport East.
That sounds good, but the announcement sounded bigger than a 4 story hotel???

Also if its true there is going to be at least 2 hotels, I bet there will be some restaurants close by.
MrDayTrader
New to the Neighborhood

Post by MrDayTrader »

I would love to see more growth hit that area! It is really an exciting time to live in Omaha right now. We are seeing more than many generations before us could ever dream of.