KM3 for Sale?

Have an inside scoop? Word on a new retailer or restaurant? Share it here!

Moderators: Coyote, nebugeater, Brad, Omaha Cowboy, BRoss

Brad
City Council

KM3 for Sale?

Post by Brad »

KM3 for Sale?

Today on the Todd & Tlyer Show, Travis Justice said that KM3 was for sale. I am a decent judge when it comes to telling if Travis is being serous or not and he sounded like he was serious.
NovakOmaha
Planning Board

Post by NovakOmaha »

...and if I was going to put a TV station up for sale, I'd announce it on Todd & Tyler...

(j/k, sort of)
lpgforms
New to the Neighborhood

Post by lpgforms »

Emmis Communications, who owns KM3 is looking to sell all of its TV stations. They announced this back in May.

http://www.thestreet.com/_googlen/stock ... &cm_ite=NA
FatGuy
Home Owners Association

Post by FatGuy »

Hopefully the new owner will find a replacement for Travis. Travis makes J.J. Davis look good.
StreetsOfOmaha
City Council

Post by StreetsOfOmaha »

FatGuy wrote:Hopefully the new owner will find a replacement for Travis. Travis makes J.J. Davis look good.
Well, almost.

Before J.J. Davis came along, I didn't think there could be a worse journalist than Travis Justice.
Uffda
County Board

Post by Uffda »

So was Travis just as opinionated when he did the sports?
eomaha
County Board

Post by eomaha »

How did J.J. Davis get award 'Best Sportscast' anyway?

and now we know why KMTV has been cutting corners so much lately (no 6pm newscast... no dedicated sports staff... more infomercials than all the other local affiliates combined...
OmahaDevelopmentMan
Human Relations

Post by OmahaDevelopmentMan »

Who cares about the no 6pm news cast. Who wants to watch basically the same newscast 30 min apart. I've never understood that. We're like the only market that does such a thing.
WT
New to the Neighborhood

Post by WT »

OmahaDevelopmentMan wrote:Who cares about the no 6pm news cast. Who wants to watch basically the same newscast 30 min apart. I've never understood that. We're like the only market that does such a thing.
I think we are also the only market to show the weather 8 times in a half hour. Today it will be hot, and we could tell you that it might rain, but we are lying.
Your mom on the Omaha news wrote:Today it will be hot, and we could tell you that it might rain, but that would be a lie.
Uffda
County Board

Post by Uffda »

We're like the only market that does such a thing.
I know the CBS channel in Sioux Falls does the 5 o'clock local news 5:30 National news and then 6 local again. It use to be just National at 530 and then local at 6 --- that way someone getting home from work could catch the local news.
Not sure why they went to the earlier news half hour but they did it years ago.
Harpoon
Human Relations

Post by Harpoon »

JJ Davis is about the only sportscaster in town that seems like he thoroughly enjoys his job. Everyday he goes out and finds the fan of the day and looks like he is having a good time doing it. Sure, he may be a goofy looking dude, but he brings alot to the table for Fox. They make him carry his own camera and do all the work, unlike those primadonnas on the other stations. Justice is just a piece of garbage compared to him.
eomaha
County Board

Post by eomaha »

I think he goes beyond goofy 'looking'... and in case you hadn't noticed, most of the people he picks for 'sports fan of the day' are trying to ignore him.

Did anyone hear the infamous segment when he let an uncensored 'F bomb' loose on the air by accident? :roll: Apparently not the happy go lucky fellow he plays himself off as.
FatGuy
Home Owners Association

Post by FatGuy »

Harpoon wrote
JJ Davis is about the only sportscaster in town that seems like he thoroughly enjoys his job.
Dave Webber seems to enjoy his job as well.
Omaha Cowboy
The Don

Post by Omaha Cowboy »

In terms of nearly $0 budget..

Has anyone even bothered to watch the abortion of a 9PM newscast KPTM Fox 42 puts out?..And just recently, they've hired 2 reporters fresh out of college..This is nearly unheard of that not only 1, but 2 individuals who graduated college this May were offered news reporter jobs in a mid sized TV market such as Omaha..Usually, recent college grads will 'cut their teeth' in a smaller market or two before moving up to the Omaha market level..

KPTM makes KM3 look well off..Not to mention that minus Travis Justice, KM3 has some pretty decent on-air talent..

And speaking of Dave Webber..Where the heck has he been lately?? I haven't seen him on air for about 2 weeks now..

..Ciao..LiO....Peace
Go Cowboys!
Brad
City Council

Post by Brad »

Does I watch a different JJ Davis than everyone else. The dude is HORIABLE he can never say a sentence with out stopping in the middle. And that retarted fan of the day, just killing time because the 9pm news is way to long.

When Travis left KPTM they should have promoted Pete Thompson, instead they hire the clown and he fires Pete and brings in some other idoit.

KM3 on the otherhand is just trying to do whatever they can to get ratings, but changing things all the time just pushes people away. People in this town are stuck in their ways and don't like change.
WT
New to the Neighborhood

Post by WT »

JHuston wrote:Did anyone hear the infamous segment when he let an uncensored 'F bomb' loose on the air by accident? Apparently not the happy go lucky fellow he plays himself off as.
Holy F'n shat! I cuss like a sailor at times, but that doesn't mean that I am not "happy go lucky".
FatGuy wrote:Dave Webber seems to enjoy his job as well.
FYI, Dave Webber stood next to me at a Nebraska v. Creighton baseball game at the 'blatt, so I said hello to him. He replied back to me with a grin, "I have to get down here to talk to these assholes." Did I hold it against him? heck no. I actually saw him as more of a cool human being because of it.
DTO Luv
City Council

Post by DTO Luv »

A few things:

- I could do Travis' job and not take up as much space on the screen. I used to think he was ok and was even on that call section a few times, but lately he just complains about EVERYTHING.

- I don't know who JJ Davis is.

- :evil: :evil: :evil: Dave Weber :evil: :evil: :evil: If I ever see him again I'm gonna whoop his |expletive|. Crazy son of a |expletive| doesn't know how to drive and turned from a No-Turn and almost hit my car. He was in a Channel 6 van and I recognized who it was and I got out of the car with my |expletive| Beater and was yelling all this crazy stuff at him. Him and the other 3 people in the van just sat there. To chicken to get out of the car and keep it real with me. I even went up to his window and was yelling at him through that. I thought for sure I was going to be on the news, "Crazed Homeless Man Attacks Channel 6 Van".

I guess Dave does work right across the street from me. Watch Channel 6 tomorrow. :twisted:
DTO
Linkin5
County Board

Post by Linkin5 »

Toughguy.
Swift
Planning Board

Post by Swift »

Okay...so local news here in SF is really terrible. I was really quite shocked. I don't know if it's just bad here or if it's just really good in Omaha, but the first night I watched the news, one of the anchors poked a hole in his paper and spent about five minutes looking through the hole at the camera. My mouth was on the floor. And that's is just par for the course here.