Another Applebee's

Have an inside scoop? Word on a new retailer or restaurant? Share it here!

Moderators: Coyote, nebugeater, Brad, Omaha Cowboy, BRoss

Brad
City Council

Another Applebee's

Post by Brad »

An Applebee's employee told me that JS Ventures the franchise the runs the Omaha and Centeral Kansas stores is going to build a store in the Swornsen Park Plaza. This would make nine if you count Omaha, Bellevue, CB, Papillion, and Fremont.
Admin
Law Enforcement

Post by Admin »

"Eatin' good in 9 neighborhoods"... huh.

Is Applebee's owned by the same company which owns Village Inn? Seems like they are frequently within a stones throw of one another.
Brad
City Council

Post by Brad »

I guess a franchise owner could own a franchise of each, but as of a couple of years ago they were not connected. At one time Applebee's International owned a Mexican Restaurant called Rio Bravo, but they sold that off and I know the local franchise(JS Ventures) ended up closing its two Rio Bravo's in Kansas. Like I said on a different thread, at one time JS Ventures was starting to open up Jason's Deli stores, but I never heard how that went?
eomaha
County Board

Post by eomaha »

Yeah, I guess there aren't too many non-franchised 'chain' restaurants these days, huh.
Harpoon
Human Relations

Re: Another Applebee's

Post by Harpoon »

Brad wrote:An Applebee's employee told me that JS Ventures the franchise the runs the Omaha and Centeral Kansas stores is going to build a store in the Swornsen Park Plaza. This would make nine if you count Omaha, Bellevue, CB, Papillion, and Fremont.
This is about as newsworthy as getting a new McDonalds in town.
eomaha
County Board

Post by eomaha »

I'm sure it means something to people living in north central Omaha.
Uffda
County Board

Post by Uffda »

This is about as newsworthy as getting a new McDonalds in town.
This will be closer to me than the nearest Mac Steak house :D

I haven't belong to this site long but there are some times that I feel there seems to be put downs to anything that isnt in the downtown area.
eomaha
County Board

Post by eomaha »

Relax. Most of us here are interested in everything going on throughout the metro.
Finn
Parks & Recreation

Post by Finn »

He has a point! :)
OmahaChef
Parks & Recreation

Post by OmahaChef »

I agree, Uffda, except even stuff downtown gets dissed. Lately, almost every thread eventually dissolves into a negative vein. I've been assuming it is just the heat and the lack of new announcements. My favorite so far is the poor guy who admitted his hobby was designing stuff on AutoCAD, and was humiliated for it. There is a few on every discussion board on the internet. You just have to bite your tongue and move on to the good stuff.
Brad
City Council

Post by Brad »

I posted this because people are always asking for tennant lists of new developments, this being a tennant I figured I would post it. This website it not intended to critize people or to judge what someone thinks is news. it is for the
DISCUSSION OF OMAHA
eomaha
County Board

Post by eomaha »

Leave that job to me Brad... and keep posting news like this!
Swift
Planning Board

Post by Swift »

Applebee's mascot should be two rabbits. :wink:
HskrFanMike
Parks & Recreation

Post by HskrFanMike »

As long as we're talking GenAmerica francishes, TGI Friday's just put up a sign for a new restarurant at 156th & Maple.
loyalomahan
Library Board

Post by loyalomahan »

Linkin5
County Board

Post by Linkin5 »

well I didn't know that so thanks hskrfanMike.
OmahaChef
Parks & Recreation

Post by OmahaChef »

Brad..I hope you don't think I was dissing you. Glad you posted this, and glad that this part of town is getting some national retail or restaurant franchises. As you know, my boss was in management in Applebees and he says they have been looking at this project since it's proposed announcement, a good two years ago.

As we have seen at InPlay, people in North Omaha, and not just the areas we usually associate with decay and poverty, but all of Northern Omaha, have money to spend, and are willing to come and give up some dollars to have a good time, without driving to 192nd and Center to do it.

Not that I am dissing west Omaha...I'm glad there is development out there but, it just isn't convenient to all areas of the citizens of Omaha. I'm almost positive that people in Northern Omaha aren't too excited that there is yet another national chain restaurant being located at 172nd and Center, but they sure are excited to see that shopping, entertainment and dining options are openisng up in their neighborhood.
eomaha
County Board

Post by eomaha »

Omaha is a big town... these national retailers/restaurants are finally beginning to realize there are big chunks of people in other parts of the metro that are benig overlooked. Most notably, North Omaha and Sarpy County. It would be nice if they'd realize east Omaha could probably support some day to day shopping/dining amenities as well (to of course co-exist with our fine local offerings).