Mother's Good Food

Have an inside scoop? Word on a new retailer or restaurant? Share it here!

Moderators: Coyote, nebugeater, Brad, Omaha Cowboy, BRoss

raindownonme
New to the Neighborhood

Mother's Good Food

Post by raindownonme »

I noticed a sign on the drive-thru liquor store on Saddle Creek that says "Coming soon - Mother's Good Food." Are they moving or opening another location?

Post by Guest »

Is this the same Mother's up by the Mormon Bridge. Excellent place if you have not been there.
omaproud
Home Owners Association

Post by omaproud »

I'd forgotten about Mother's Good Food there on the edge of Ponca Hills. They did have GREAT food the couple times I was there a few years back. Very small restaurant, though. Maybe they are moving to gain space.
Coyote
City Council

Post by Coyote »

I had forgotten about them also. Since moving from Louisiana I have been meaning to see if they cook real Cajun food. I did hear that they were good but in a small strip mall. I could do some red beans and rice with andouille
POTUS
Home Owners Association

Post by POTUS »

Move this out of the Rumors section.

Mother's Good Food in Ponca Hills is closed. The owner, Mike, is moving to the liqour store on Saddle Creek. Might be open sometime in November.

The place has been closed/open since July. I'm told that's when his wife died in Iraq. I don't want to speculate because I don't know, but she might have been a servicemember. I might try to find out.

He's moving to be closer to people (or so I hear). Ponce Hills is pretty sparse. If I learn more, I'll tell ya.