PacLife HQ in Omaha

Have an inside scoop? Word on a new retailer or restaurant? Share it here!

Moderators: Coyote, nebugeater, Brad, Omaha Cowboy, BRoss

DTO Luv
City Council

PacLife HQ in Omaha

Post by DTO Luv »

First of all I didn't start the other thread which people made it sound like. Monday at around midnight I was a my computerless house asleep. I'm sure if Jeff wants to look into it (which I'm sure you have) you will see that it wasn't me.

Now to the rumor.

Yes. I have heard from a forumer here that has a friend who is working on plans for PacLife's eventual relocation to Omaha. From what I've heard they are looking at different tower desings and possibly a campus. The other thing I heard is that it could even be announced in the next few years (5) since PacLife wants out of California by 2010.

To those of you who PM'd me about this: The PM I was going to send out was moved out of my inbox by all of the request for info and other PMs I get. My source on this comes around every so often so I'm sure at some point he could comment on it.

I think you will start to see more insurance companies establish an Omaha presence like PacLife does now. I know it was some sort of Chamber of Commerce goal to make an environment in the city friendly to certain companies. We already have a strong insurance presence so that was one area where the city feels they can attract. I know from even working at Mutual another F500 will have a large presence in Omaha in the next few years. They're not moving a headquarters but Omaha will be a big part of what they do. (Think like Bank of the West is doing.) I know we've also had people from other large insurance companies around alot more being wined and dined and sold on Omaha. So to see PacLife move here in such a big way isn't really surprising, but any new tower would be.

So there. I've kept it pretty quiet until now. I didn't know that many people here were on that site to read it.
DTO
Asten
Human Relations

Re: PacLife HQ in Omaha

Post by Asten »

DTO Luv wrote: Yes. I have heard from a forumer here that has a friend who is working on plans for PacLife's eventual relocation to Omaha. From what I've heard they are looking at different tower desings and possibly a campus. The other thing I heard is that it could even be announced in the next few years (5) since PacLife wants out of California by 2010.
Wow, well, that'd be a big deal if it were to happen. Even without the Tower, the HQ, or huge employment changes - it would be a major PR coup for Omaha. (And amusing, with the irony of the name!)

--Asten
OmahaJaysCU
Planning Board

Post by OmahaJaysCU »

First off, I say we tourch the place if they are to build a west O campus. ok, I'm not serious, but we just need to hope the Chamber and city works hard to attract a new skyscraper.

Now with this mutual of Omaha think, I hope they don't declare Omaha a large regional center like Bank of the West, but I more hope Mutual is going to be the Bank of the West in that situation. If so, go Mutual!
DTO Luv
City Council

Post by DTO Luv »

Mutual isn't going to change or be another company. Another company is moving here and will have a signifigant part of it's business be out of Omaha. Like Omaha is going to be the HQ of BoW's Mortgage operations.
DTO
OmahaJaysCU
Planning Board

Post by OmahaJaysCU »

DTO Luv wrote:Mutual isn't going to change or be another company. Another company is moving here and will have a signifigant part of it's business be out of Omaha. Like Omaha is going to be the HQ of BoW's Mortgage operations.
I got it, I misread that. Cool!
MTO
City Council

Post by MTO »

Hopefully PacLife rides the DT wave and decides to impress everyone with a gorgeous building. But that’s in a perfect world. Although they sure do have A LOT of employees.
adam186
Planning Board

Post by adam186 »

^That's why we need Daub as Mayor. Didn't he convince FNB to build downtown instead of West O?
MTO
City Council

Post by MTO »

avanzee wrote:^That's why we need Daub as Mayor. Didn't he convince FNB to build downtown instead of West O?
Well maybe then he came back to town just in time.
15-17, 26, 32